It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'No papers, no water’: The sign denying basic services to Alabama’s illegal residents.

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by DRAZIW

Actually the best scenario is that they all go the Fu%k back across the border. Their a blight on hard working Americans all over this damn nation. They suck our services, they manipulate our system and exploit it. Wake the hell up people. If these we're those supposed bad ole terrorist's pouring across that southern border in droves, we would be their in massive force. All of us. By not securing our southern border, you let me know how worrried our Gov is about said southern border. Or our security .Their not .
edit on 11-10-2011 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
After reading many of these hateful comments, I have one suggestion for illegals...Do yourself a favor and stay out of the US. The illusion is always bigger than the reality I guess.

And if you ever see a Non-Mexican down there in need of a drink of water, remember this thread and give that person a glass of generosity.

Peace.

Yep, we agree.

Stay out of the US, IF, and only IF you are illegally here.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by BubbaJoe
I am in a mood to write a really ugly comment, because there are some on this site that are truly ignorant of basic United States history, the scariest part of this, is that they are the ones screaming the loudest about immigration. To those of you screaming, do you realize there are people holding land in Colorado, Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, and California on spanish land grants dating back to the 1700's, how long have you been here?

Really, is that all you got.
Several thousand years ago, these people were here. Blah blah blah.

It is now 2011, and America has been around for a while now. If it was an issue before, I think Mexico should have stepped up their game and taken it back.

Epic failure.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by VictorVonDoom

Originally posted by Digital_Reality
If someone broke into your house and ate your food would you just let it go because they were hungry and it would be inhumane to let them go hungry?

Oddly enough, yeah I would. I'm pretty much as anti-illegal immigrant as they come, but if someone broke into my house and only took food, I'd let them go. If they took my Star Trek or Dr. Doom collectibles , I'd have shoot their dumb ass. Maybe that's just me.

Anyway, one question I have about this. Why does the "state" control the water?

Sorry, but doom anyone that enters my house without my permission.
I have no problem ending their time on earth.
My house. Period.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by ledzeppelin489
reply to post by macman

An influx of jobs in construction and lawncare?
And only so few are qualified...mostly men. How 'bout bringing jobs that are going overseas back to America? Why not focus on that? So much backwards thinking here on ATS.

First, I did not make the original statement. I was happy that it was being reported as happening.

Little steps man, little steps.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
Why are people comparing illegal immigrants to criminals breaking into your house to steal your stuff etc?

Do only certain people deserve water? No.

Please don't compare people breaking into restaurants to steal the food, because it's not the same.

This is about people who were born in 3rd world countries, with no prospects in their life and their kids would have most likely faced the same realities.

So what did these people do? They decided to come here to the U.S illegally because they don't have the means necessary to apply for citizenship and pay all the dues.

However, they don't come here to "steal" your water, or food or houses. They pay rent just like all of us, they also pay for the food they consume, and pay for their utilities.

So no one is stealing anything from you all.

They broke the law by coming here ILLEGALLY. They are criminals.
Should be deported.

3rd world country or not. Do it the right way, or suffer the consequences.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by 4nsicphd

[

Lets hope that more states follow suite.

And what suite exactly do you want them to follow? The honeymoon suite? The bedroom suite. The world would be a much better place if the states would deny services to people who are too lazy to learn to spell.

Oh noes, the grammar police have just issued me a citation.

I shall cry in the corner, and provide the illegals my salty tears to drink, since Alabama is denying them a connection to the water supply.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dembow
Next statement is only my opinion.

Some of you call illegals "criminals" and that's fine by definition i guess, but they are only because of their status and not because of their actions like a murderer, thief or rapist.

Um, no.
The action of coming over the border is the illegal action. You are wrong.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dembow
reply to post by getreadyalready

I agree with you. The system must change to accommodate immigration. The only thing i don't agree with is using lethal force. Lethal force for what? These are people not an invading army. Careful with upsetting people so close to your borders.

The US has the pathway for legal citizenship.
Those here illegally just decided to circumvent the process.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   

The system must change to accommodate immigration.
reply to post by macman

That doesnt give them the right to come here illegally, its still ILLEGAL!

Hard and contrived it may be to get here legally , it can still be done......

It might be hard for me to come up with the money to buy a car, but i dont just go STEAL one because its easier...........

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

It's against the law for an illegal to "buy" a property. Illegals can't legally enter a binding contract required to buy a property. Of course, they can use a third party to purchase it for them.

You are so dense. I'm really starting to believe you know nothing of U.S. law.

That's nonsense. Foreigners own lots of propery in the US. There's even a whole organization of Canadians called "Snow Birds" that own homes in the sunshine state of Florida, where they spend every winter to escape from the cold.

An illegal is just a legal resident of another country.

Gee. Americans are truly clueless about their own country !

Every illegal is legal somewhere on the planet.

edit on 11-10-2011 by DRAZIW because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by DRAZIW

It's against the law for an illegal to "buy" a property. Illegals can't legally enter a binding contract required to buy a property. Of course, they can use a third party to purchase it for them.

You are so dense. I'm really starting to believe you know nothing of U.S. law.

An illegal is just a legal resident of another country.

Gee. Americans are truly clueless about their own country !

Yes, you have that right...it is OUR Country. NOT yours to divey up how YOU think it should be. Focus on YOUR Country. oops...methinks your "clueless" slip is showing...

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePublicEnemyNo1

Although I get what you're saying....water is not plentiful where I live. As a matter of fact, we can not use our sprinklers or water outdoors during the hours of 8am-5pm Monday thru Saturday in my city. The entire state of California has some sort of ordinance in place on the use of water and has maintained this for years now. it just depends on where you live...what city and county. There's soon to be an ordinance on electric consumption as well.

If I get caught running my water outside I get an incredible fine. Also, until you personally live here for more than a couple of years and actually witness the mess we're all in, I'd take a second guess if I were you at assuming good stuff is so plentiful in the US, because I can promise you it is not.

I would never pass judgement or make an assumption about what goes on some where I do not reside.

ETA
I saw your last post and decline to comment. I don't owe you any sort of collaboration about what is going on in the USA nor will I collaborate. Since you're so interested, why don't you move down here and experience it first hand or do some reading instead of being condescending and argumentative? Have you ever tried to find out what your "Fellow" countrymen are "BSing" about. Maybe you should do that first. Worry about your homeland and how the intrusion of illegal immigrants can affect your pockets and get out of mine.

Like my grandmother used to tell me, "Never argue with a fool"

edit on 10/10/11 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)

That has nothing to do with illegal immigration. You can kick out every illegal alien in Cali and the problem will still remain. It has everything to do with too many people on the water table period. Kick over half your population out and you might get somewhere.

I don't get why you guys are blaming illegals for every problem you have. Your system requires such labor. It's cheap labor and it keeps prices low. All the politicians are doing is playing your nativist feelings like a fiddle while hiring illegal nannies for their kids.

As for the Fed's not taking care of the problem, deportations are at an all time high and according to most of the mexican's I know (all legal), it is exceedingly difficult to get across the border now. Many illegal's have left of their own accord due to a lack of work.

I always laugh at these threads though, all the indignant posturing about the "law" when most of you break about 10 laws a day. Really, don't let me get in the way of your blamefest though.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Yes, you have that right...it is OUR Country. NOT yours to divey up how YOU think it should be. Focus on YOUR Country. oops...methinks your "clueless" slip is showing...

Who is "OUR", Native Americans? Nationalized Americans? Descendants of the first illegal occupiers? Or the Mexicans who have simply come back peaceably to reclaim their land?

I don't need "papers" to walk about my own land. Because it is my land.

If you need to show papers, it's not your land. Get out !

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by DRAZIW

Who is "OUR", Native Americans? Nationalized Americans? Descendants of the first illegal occupiers? Or the Mexicans who have simply come back peaceably to reclaim their land?

You live in lala land...reality must not be in your vocabulary. Hope you get your meds adjusted.

The topic is What is LEGAL/law, and what is NOT legal. Your unicorns and rainbows for everyone chatter...

edit on 11-10-2011 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

You live in lala land...reality must not be in your vocabulary. Hope you get your meds adjusted.

The topic is What is LEGAL/law, and what is NOT legal. Your unicorns and rainbows for everyone chatter...

I don't know where lala land is. Couldn't find it on any map.

I know when I'm in my home I don't have to prove that I'm legal.

When I'm in a foreign land, then I need papers.

That's my reality, and the reality of all my countrymen.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by DRAZIW

I know when I'm in my home I don't have to prove that I'm legal. When I'm in a foreign land, then I need papers.

That does even not make any sense.

According to your logic, I can come to a foreign country with no papers, and there would be no way to distinguish me from actual citizens. Yeah, that would work great..

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by DRAZIW

I don't know where lala land is. Couldn't find it on any map. I know when I'm in my home I don't have to prove that I'm legal.

But its not about you, of course you know. But how is the government supposed to know?
edit on 11/10/11 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I've seen some posts on here that the white man came to the United States and 'took land' from the Mexicans.

Wrong. They took nothing from the Mayans, or Aztecs or any of the other indigenous tribes of the Mexico of today, as far as the United States of today is concerned. Yes, Spaniards wiped out the native cultures in Mexico, but to say that all of the United States was under Mayan or Aztec control at that time is an outright lie.

When the English/French/Dutch/Portuguese landed in what is now known as 'America' there were no Mayans or Aztecs. The tribes that were subjugated in America were (among many): The Mohawk, Iroquois, Chippewa/Potowatami/Ojibwe, Seminole, Cherokee, Dakota, Lakota, Sioux, Kiowa, Cree, Blackfoot, Sauk, Yakima, Pima and Anasazi, off the top of my head.

These were the REAL native americans, as America is known today.

The Mayan, Aztec, Toltecs etc are the real native mexicans, as Mexico is known today.

For the record, I am part white and part Chippewa. My tribe happens to be the Sault Tribe of Chippewa Indians.

But to hear the farce that America as we know it today always belonged to the Mexicans, that's a straight up lie. It belonged to the tribes I have listed above and many more.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Regarding the native inhabitants thing and who stole what, after a generation or two it is irrelevant, because children should not bear the sins of their fathers, nor collective guilt. Which is also why comprehensive and well-enforced immigration policy is essential, because if someone steals your land, noone is gonna care after some time.

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join