It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'No papers, no water’: The sign denying basic services to Alabama’s illegal residents.

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by 00bil
reply to post by Destinyone

"Well excuse me...

When you become a legal resident of my Country, I'll be more than happy to debate with you, the advantages of using the dwindling resources of my Country, to benefit the legal citizens of my Country. Until then, good luck on the policy of your Country..."

What makes it your country? Scotland sure as hell isn't my country. Idon't claim to own it. Surely what the US has done is taken over a vast area of land, claimed it as 'mine', allowed more immigration (mainly from 'my' country) but at some, arbitrary, point said 'from now on nobody comes here unless we say so'

Dwindling resources of 'your' country? Only because your government lets it be like that

As someone said to another poster many pages back..."you have no skin in this game".

You are not sitting in the same position I am...watching my taxes, I pay mind you...being used to house, feed, give unlimited health benefits, and many other "perks" to illegal people...while I have to pay for all those things I want in my life. PLUS, subsidize them.

I see not one cent from your pocket helping these "poor poor" ILLEGAL people live the good life in my Country.
edit on 10-10-2011 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-10-2011 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I have called Alabama my home for all my life and will proudely contiue to do so for whatever time I have left.

I say this because I really don't have time to read through all the replies to this post.

And American citizens who have recently moved to the state may be forced into a race against time to gain state documentation or face having their taps switched off by the Alabama Water Works.

Now will someone please tell me the address and location of the Alabama Water Works. At my home we get water from a local Utilities Board but I don't think I have ever heard of the Alabama Water Works. And yes, OP I know these are someone else's words. I just want to be show how much these people know what they are talking about.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

"As someone said to another poster many pages back...:you have no skin in this game".

You are not sitting in the same position I am...watching my taxes, I pay mind you...being used to house, feed, give unlimited health benefits, and many other "perks" to illegal people...while I have to pay for all those things I want in my life. PLUS, subsidize them.

I see not one cent from your pocket helping these "poor poor" ILLEGAL people live the good life in my Country."

My pennies and pounds subsidise many 'illegals' in my country. Many more come here and work in the black market and subsidise themselves. More still come here and work legitimately, contributing. My objection begins and ends at the point where you think that you have any more right to be in America - working, not working, claiming welfare, whatever - than anyone else in the world. Or that I have more right than you to be in Scotland. How do you justify your opinion? How did your ancestors coming and planting their flag make it your land? When did you decide that nobody else could come and make it their land too?

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
"These things should be offered by every country to every citizen of the world, in my opinion."

Yes, I agree with you. I think every person in the entire world should have free, quality medical care. Free food and water and a free house given to them at birth. Also, one free vehicle per person and free education for all. I also think every person has the right to free internet, a free computer, free land lines AND cell phones and free satelite t.v. I mean it, I am not kidding. But guess what...WE CAN"T AFFORD IT. Not one country can afford it.

And I ask, are you an illegal living in Scotland? And, WHY are you annoyed at the illegal immigrants getting social assistance in Scotland?

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Since when is access to City water supply a basic human right? They can still get water by other means, its not like they will die of thirst because of it.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
To all of the morons talking about how the only LEGAL residences in America is the Indians I say this:

First of all I am 50% native American and I am a member of a Native American tribe.

Most Native American tribes signed treaties and agreements with the United States government giving up their rights to their lands.

Yes Christians murdered Native Americans and took over their land, but that's just it they TOOK it its theirs now. If you don't like it and if you want to change that fact then you go and take it back from them. Until then its theirs and its their laws.

And to be a little more specific with the OP:

Alabama has a right by the constitution of the United States of America to make any law that doesn't interfere with the constitution of America. Alabama also has the right to have its laws NOT overridden or changed or otherwise messed with by the FED.

So, to hell with the FED to hell with those illegals and more power to Alabama! I'm moving to Alabama!

-Alien

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I live here in Alabama and I am glad to see it happen. Most of the ILLEGAL ALIENS have left from around here and jobs are opening up for CITIZENS ! What do yall not understand about the word ILLEGAL ? That means you are a CRIMINAL ! That means you have NO RIGHTS ! If you feel so sorry for them let them come live down the road from you, so they can steal from you, drive with no license and no insurance, do work so cheap that no one can compete. Maybe put in a trailer park for them to live in so your property value will drop. Thank God the great state of Alabama ( The first capitol of the Confederacy ) and the Heart of Dixie had enough balls to do what the federal government dont have sense enough to do !

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Gridrebel

"And I ask, are you an illegal living in Scotland? And, WHY are you annoyed at the illegal immigrants getting social assistance in Scotland?"

I'm annoyed at the attitude of some of my fellow Scots who don't think that 'illegals' should get access to this.

And we can afford it - the global 'we'. There's plenty of money, water and food, more than enough for everyone in the world. Our collective governments and the banks want it all for themselves. That's the problem

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Alien Abduct

I agree 100%

But,just for informational purposes and fun.....

Here in Florida, the Seminoles never surrendered, and never signed a treaty.

Also, the Spanish never gave up rights to this land.

In fact, when one purchases real estate in Florida, the "Title Insurance" is based off clear deed for the past 20-50yrs of clear title, because they can't go back to the original owners like a lot of states. If they trace it back far enough, many deeds end up in the names of Ferdinand and Isabella and were never legally transferred to anyone else.

There is also a lot of land, like Okaloosa Island, that was only transferred on long term leases, but ownership never changed, and now people are buying real estate and condos with no clear ownership rights.

Disclaimer: I have been out of the real estate business for almost 15 years, so things could have changed, or I could be mis-remembering, but that is how it was taught in my Real Estate classes, and that is how it was explained at closing proceedings back then.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

It really is easy to turn people against one another, isn't it? Especially when essentials are "scarce."

So it begins.

Great find. S&F&

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Illegal is illegal.
Simple as that.
I live my life in between those fine lines they draw.
Even when the line is a bit squiggly or hard to see.
If I must obey the law of the land, why not them?
You don't like it, get legal.

And if it were up to me, I'd do abit more than starve them of water.
I'd put em into a work camp for ten years for illegal tresspass then deport them.
edit on 10-10-2011 by g146541 because: Further instruction

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

"I'd put em into a work camp for ten years for illegal tresspass then deport them."

Makes me sick. Why? Why deny them the opportunity to seek what you have just because of where they were born? Make them work as forced labour?!?! This goes on in the US anyway in your prisons - at least UK TV would have me believe that your prisoners are used as forced labour, please correct me if I'm wrong. Winston Churchill once said something along the lines of a society should be judged on how it treats its prisoners. It seems to me that America (not just America other countries too) doesn't show too much humanity to its prisoners and treats its immigrants even worse

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by 00bil

Did you not see the word illegal attached to them?
There is a legal route to becoming a citizen.
Now if geography and they had no control of where they were born becomes an issue, I say blame your god!
He was the one who put them there to start.
Illegal is illegal.
I could have been able to send my kids to the finest schools, all I would have had to do was rob some people but.....that would be illegal.
Wrong is wrong.
I'm sorry you got sick though, I hope you aimed away from the keyboard as they are hard to clean.

(Edit)
Just so you know, I am not speaking of a general prison system making office furniture.
I am talking of turning soil and breaking rocks all day long on a chain gang.
Our general prisoners get treated pretty well, abit too well, but most of them are hardly criminals anyway but that is another issue.
edit on 10-10-2011 by g146541 because: to add

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

He's not my god!! But all this 'it's my country so you can't come in here' B$ doesn't wash with me, i don't understand how anybody thinks they can lay claim to a piece of land that was there long before they existed. and yeah took me a while to wash the chunks out my keyboard

obviously many things should be illegal, i just don't think the crossing of an imaginary line on a map shuold be one of them
edit on 10-10-2011 by 00bil because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by 00bil

There is an imaginary line at your property, beyond that it is called your yard.
Should that be free access too?
You must draw a line somewhere, and if they do not like it, they should change their country.
If not, take the legal channels and migrate within the law is all I am wanting.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

there is an imaginary line at my garden but unless someone is doing damage in there i don't care if they cross it. and so it should be with borders. if you're not doing one of the things that is harmful (eg murder) then why should anyone care? unfortunately that descends into a debate about what should be a crime and what shouldn't :/

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by 00bil

Ok in this situation, someone sets up a tent on your yard or garden, then digs up a bit of the land so they may sustain themselves but does not share, then hooks into your water and drags a hose across your garden, then has a portapotty set on your property.
See it can go too far, and the US is at that too far point.
We are so busy taking care of eveyone else that we have ceased to take care of us.
It's time to tighten the belt abit.
All that I am asking is for people to live legally, is that too much to ask?

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by 00bil
reply to post by g146541

He's not my god!! But all this 'it's my country so you can't come in here' B$ doesn't wash with me, i don't understand how anybody thinks they can lay claim to a piece of land that was there long before they existed. and yeah took me a while to wash the chunks out my keyboard

obviously many things should be illegal, i just don't think the crossing of an imaginary line on a map shuold be one of them
edit on 10-10-2011 by 00bil because: (no reason given)

YAY! I just won 100 million dollars in the lottery....please post your address, so I can buy tickets for as many illegals that amount of money will buy...and ship them ALL to you!!! All solved...your problem now.

That is how ridiculous your arguments sound to me.....

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

i like your argument. a garden is a bit different than a country but the analogy is useful, maybe i should refine my argument... you can cross a border to set up home, but not do it somewhere that someone else already calls home? i don't know if that makes sense though because then you'd have to have a maximum legal garden size for each person.

obviously the tent in the garden would bother me, but another million people coming to scotland to populate just a small part of it wouldn't, is what i'm trying to say. i'm assuming that the US still has plenty of space the way we do, from shots i've seen of the mojave desert or montana's wilderness, for example. i might be wrong though!

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
No papers, no water, NO MAS! Pretty simple. Even if Our Government does not want to adhere to the law, the States still have their Rights to do so without the Fed.I still fail to see how anyone born here is a U.S. Citizen? That is also a very fuzzy area if you look it up. Personally, you are only a Citizen if born from a legal U.S. Citizen.. For anyone else, no you are not a Citizen.
Our government really should be held accountable to failing to do its' duty, but also on many other issues, including theft of the Citizens from SS.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join