It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'No papers, no water’: The sign denying basic services to Alabama’s illegal residents.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia
reply to post by Destinyone

Actually we are responsible. If there was no demand for drugs then there would be no market. The U.S. is the number one world-wide consumer of drugs. That is a fact. So in essence, as the cartel's biggest customer we are responsible for it.

And this is the reason I think recreational drugs should be legalized. It would kill two problems with one stone...but this is off topic, and not allowed for discussion on ATS.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Wow..I dont know where to stand on this one. I can not deny that the current system of allowing illegal immigrants to have more rights and privileges than a born citizen is crap. But there is no denying the fact that very few "citizens" in the U.S. actually have the right to call this their country to begin with. This country was stolen from its original natives and founded by what? ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS! Even worse..I dont see anyone complaining about how the Native Americans were treated nor how they have to live now. Whats wrong with that pictures? Again, I know this sounds contridicting, I dont disagree with this law either. Just saying....I doubt most of the people on here are true Americans as well so you can not be so wrathful when your existence in this country came from the same(actually worse) tactics.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia
And according to the Social Security Administration many illegals do pay taxes. These are taxes collected from people who used stolen ID's, old TSN's etc. The IRS put out figures in 2006 that put the figure around 9 billion. It's hard to say because the Fed doesn't keep a tally of it.

Yes...you're right illegals do pay taxes after they've stolen a citizens ID and used it for employment. How do I know this happens...because it happened to me. I got a copy of my Social Security report just for the heck of it and to my surprise, I had 10 different jobs throught the Mid-West! In addition to that my credit was temporarily ruined as it had been used for all kinds of things, even to finance a car (which is when I found out about the credit part). In total I was over $75,000.00 in debt. It took me over 8 years to restore my good credit. Meanwhile, I had to beg, borrow and pleade to put my kids through college while faced with this mess.

I went after the bastards too...finally caught up to her and had her @$$ jailed. BTW, she was using my credit to rent an apartment in Michigan when she got caught. Of course since she wasn't a citizen, they just sent her back to her country which happened in my case to be Mexico. I could care less how much they pay at the dam grocery store or another store for that matter...they are not supposed to be here undocumented. This is not my opinion this is the law of the USA...not China's law, Russia's law, Mexico's law, Nigeria's law or any other foreign nation. It's our law!

So this talk of how "illegals pays state & federal taxes too", is B.S. No, my name was used to pay the FEDS. Besides, who the heck cares if they shop at the grocery store...they're still illegal and are sucking this nation dry.

You can mince words if you want too and try and snatch some sympathy from some ATS members...but like I said, watch when it all backfires!

If the state of Alabama chooses to make it illegal for illegals to get running water...than good for them
At least one state is standing up for the rights of its citizens unlike California.

Just a bunch of mouthpiece crybabies out here.
edit on 10/10/11 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I'm gonna throw a bit of a spanner in the works here. I don't intend to be abusive/offensive - I believe that it's not possible for me to cause offense, its only possible for others to take offense to what I say.

I've read a lot of comments along the lines of anyone without a green card/visa is illegal and shouldn't be here...etc

Speaking as an outsider, you're all aliens. Americans. You arrived 'here' about 400 years ago. Unless you're part of one of the Native American 'nations', you're an alien. And even if you are, your ancestors still came from Africa like everyone else's. This sense of ownership of a bit of land your ancestors planted a flag on is why the rest of the world sneers at you America.

Unfortunately, I am a resident of the increasingly Americanised (no 'z') United States of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. The immigration fever is hotting up here. We have a maximum on the number of immigrants every year. I live in Scotland, which is one of the most under populated countries per square km in Europe, yet somehow people are blind to this and follow the tabloid opinion that the country is bursting at the scenes with 'illegal' immigrants.

What they don't really think through is the immigration policy. My understanding of the UK's immigration policy is that basically we will take any number of immigrants who are EU citizens, and that there is an absolute maximum set on the number of people from anywhere else. Somehow this is supposed to ensure that only people with 'the skills we need' come to the UK. And everyone seems to buy it.

But I'd like to think my fellow citizens would abhor the idea that anyone, regardless of immigration status, would be denied water, especially in a country where the good stuff is so plentiful. That's pretty inhuman.

So, sorry America, they may have gotten 'here' a few hundred years after your lot, but they're no less 'legal'.
edit on 10-10-2011 by 00bil because: Spelline

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by cyberboiraves
Wow..I dont know where to stand on this one. I can not deny that the current system of allowing illegal immigrants to have more rights and privileges than a born citizen is crap. But there is no denying the fact that very few "citizens" in the U.S. actually have the right to call this their country to begin with. This country was stolen from its original natives and founded by what? ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS! Even worse..I dont see anyone complaining about how the Native Americans were treated nor how they have to live now. Whats wrong with that pictures? Again, I know this sounds contridicting, I dont disagree with this law either. Just saying....I doubt most of the people on here are true Americans as well so you can not be so wrathful when your existence in this country came from the same(actually worse) tactics.

You're right...most of us Americans are mixed with all kinds of things. I know I am and it's obvious to anyone who sees me. But we're not discussing the Natives because this thread is about Alabama and the states right to not distribute running water to illegals.

However, you have a valid point and should start a thread on that issue.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
And another thing. Many of you seem to be of the opinion that 'illegals' are 'sucking 'your' 'country' dry'
Care to elaborate? Why do you think this? I hear the same B$ here and I'm compelled to intervene

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman

So go back to those countries then.

If you aren't a US citizen, and are illegally here, you should be deported or making your way back to country of origin.

Very simple. Don't feed the problem.

And the Native American Indians are the only legal residents...everyone else OUT !

Man, it''s going to be funny as hell down there.

I can see legal residents who look like foreigners suing the state for millions of dollars and cashing in on a great new bonanza of forced discrimination, unjust stopping and detaining of citizens, all unconstitutional, all requiring compensation, people will travel to that state from all over America just to be stopped and detained, so that they can take the state to court and win cash prizes for looking foreign.

It's going to become a fun house.

America is the land of litigation, and many lawyers are out of work in these down times, but things are beginning to look up once again, new disputes to fight in the courts, BIG BUCKS to be had for the winners.

I hope that state has oil or something to tax, because they are going to have some big payouts ahead.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by 00bil
And another thing. Many of you seem to be of the opinion that 'illegals' are 'sucking 'your' 'country' dry'
Care to elaborate? Why do you think this? I hear the same B$ here and I'm compelled to intervene

I see 10 pages of "reasons" before you posted here on page 11...care to elaborate why none of those meet your criteria?

Or did you just jump in on page 11 to look foolish.
edit on 10-10-2011 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   

I'm gonna throw a bit of a spanner in the works here. I don't intend to be abusive/offensive - I believe that it's not possible for me to cause offense, its only possible for others to take offense to what I say.

I've read a lot of comments along the lines of anyone without a green card/visa is illegal and shouldn't be here...etc

Speaking as an outsider, you're all aliens. Americans. You arrived 'here' about 400 years ago. Unless you're part of one of the Native American 'nations', you're an alien. And even if you are, your ancestors still came from Africa like everyone else's. This sense of ownership of a bit of land your ancestors planted a flag on is why the rest of the world sneers at you America.

Unfortunately, I am a resident of the increasingly Americanised (no 'z') United States of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. The immigration fever is hotting up here. We have a maximum on the number of immigrants every year. I live in Scotland, which is one of the most under populated countries per square km in Europe, yet somehow people are blind to this and follow the tabloid opinion that the country is bursting at the scenes with 'illegal' immigrants.

What they don't really think through is the immigration policy. My understanding of the UK's immigration policy is that basically we will take any number of immigrants who are EU citizens, and that there is an absolute maximum set on the number of people from anywhere else. Somehow this is supposed to ensure that only people with 'the skills we need' come to the UK. And everyone seems to buy it.

But I'd like to think my fellow citizens would abhor the idea that anyone, regardless of immigration status, would be denied water, especially in a country where the good stuff is so plentiful. That's pretty inhuman.

So, sorry America, they may have gotten 'here' a few hundred years after you lot, but they're no less 'legal'.

Although I get what you're saying....water is not plentiful where I live. As a matter of fact, we can not use our sprinklers or water outdoors during the hours of 8am-5pm Monday thru Saturday in my city. The entire state of California has some sort of ordinance in place on the use of water and has maintained this for years now. it just depends on where you live...what city and county. There's soon to be an ordinance on electric consumption as well.

If I get caught running my water outside I get an incredible fine. Also, until you personally live here for more than a couple of years and actually witness the mess we're all in, I'd take a second guess if I were you at assuming good stuff is so plentiful in the US, because I can promise you it is not.

I would never pass judgement or make an assumption about what goes on some where I do not reside.

ETA
I saw your last post and decline to comment. I don't owe you any sort of collaboration about what is going on in the USA nor will I collaborate. Since you're so interested, why don't you move down here and experience it first hand or do some reading instead of being condescending and argumentative? Have you ever tried to find out what your "Fellow" countrymen are "BSing" about. Maybe you should do that first. Worry about your homeland and how the intrusion of illegal immigrants can affect your pockets and get out of mine.

Like my grandmother used to tell me, "Never argue with a fool"

edit on 10/10/11 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname

Originally posted by macman

Sorry, but there is no such thing as "statue of liberty's declaration".
That is from a poem, written for the dedication of the Statue Of Liberty.

jack be nimble, jack be quick is a poem.

this is a declaration put there to symbolize the spirit of what america was and stood for. if the united states and it's people didn't believe that, they wouldn't have had it approved.

that poem inspired many to seek america, maybe even the first of your family to reach it's shore.

but if it makes you feel better, it's a declaration in poem form.

edit on 9-10-2011 by randomname because: (no reason given)

I suppose your "forgetting" (conveniently I might add) "Ellis Island?

That the statement on the Stature of Liberty, is for those that "made the cut" not for all the simpering fools that try to get into this country "illegally" .. Ellis was the "first stop" before going anywhere near NYC, they had to be checked for health issues, for lice, for "most wanted" posters, had to meet minimum "requirements" before ever sitting foot on our shores..

It's the way it's been for 1.5 centuries, it's just bleeding heart liberals with a hidden agenda that have tried to twist the image into one where we are the enemy, and the foreigners are the heroes...

We do not have to accept all that come here, this land is for the US first, and everyone and everything else "SECOND"..

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
In response to destinyone:
"I see 10 pages of "reasons" before you posted here on page 11...care to elaborate why none of those meet your criteria?

Or did you just jump in on page 11 to look foolish."

To simplify it a little, I saw 10 pages of 'THEY come HERE and take OUR jobs'

Which for me, isn't a valid reason. Immigration hugely benefits any economy. Why limit it? Around 50000 Polish people have recently come to Scotland. For the most part, they were welcomed with open arms because they came here to do jobs that most Scots see themselves as being somehow 'above'. The vast majority came here, found jobs and paid tax, even although the UK has the world's most generous benefits(welfare) system and they could have lived comfortably off of the state.

In my opinion, saying 'this is my land and you can't come here' just doesn't cut it.

In reply to ThePublicEnemyNo1
" I would never pass judgement or make an assumption about what goes on some where I do not reside."
I would. Not on the people, on your leaders. Even the Sahara could be lush if properly irrigated

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   

"I see 10 pages of "reasons" before you posted here on page 11...care to elaborate why none of those meet your criteria?

Which for me, isn't a valid reason. Immigration hugely benefits any economy. Why limit it? Around 50000 Polish people have recently come to Scotland. For the most part, they were welcomed with open arms because they came here to do jobs that most Scots see themselves as being somehow 'above'. The vast majority came here, found jobs and paid tax, even although the UK has the world's most generous benefits(welfare) system and they could have lived comfortably off of the state.

In my opinion, saying 'this is my land and you can't come here' just doesn't cut it.

" I would never pass judgement or make an assumption about what goes on some where I do not reside."
I would. Not on the people, on your leaders. Even the Sahara could be lush if properly irrigated

Whatever

I'm done and good for you

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Land of the free?

Give me a break.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Well excuse me...

When you become a legal resident of my Country, I'll be more than happy to debate with you, the advantages of using the dwindling resources of my Country, to benefit the legal citizens of my Country. Until then, good luck on the policy of your Country...

edit on 10-10-2011 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

Help me understand your logic. So are you saying that we should ignore the issues associated with illegal immigration and not take issue with participating in a system that others take advantage of?

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dembow
Alien made an analogy about a ship having 2 leaks, and it made sense, of course. Let's keep that analogy going, let's say there are two ships, one is Mexico(or Canada, whichever you prefer) the other the U.S. Their ship is sinking 'cause their captain is incompetent as hell.(goverment). You wouldn't let the people jumping, onto your ship?

Look at it this way...Yellowstone blew up, half the US. is uninhabitable and Mexico said: Uh uh hell naw no way Jose... I mean Joseph you ain't coming in, sorry. It's a little extreme but if you look at Mexico, the cartels and corruption have made it almost impossible to live there. I agree get the illegals out, secure the border and all that, but they are humans, living in a narco state with no means of solving that problem, What? Let them rot? That's not right especially after invading, yes, invading (that word again) countries in the name of democracy and "humanitarian reasons". Mexico is right there, they are a democracy, friend and ally of the US, they don't get help with their huge drug problem that the US helped create? It ain't fair, plenty of countries on this contiinent to help.

I agree to a certain extant i mean we are all humans after all. But there is something that needs to be understood here. The Mexican population needs to find the solutions to their problems within their own country.

The Mexican ship is NOT sinking. It does have some holes but then Mexico does receive foreign aid from America.

The solution to Mexico's economic problems lies within its own borders. Even if we completely opened up our southern border to all Mexicans to freely come and work, it would not help Mexico. Mexico would still have its problems.

America has its own problems and America takes care of its own problems. There is a reason why Mexicans cross our border illegally and not the other way around. Its because we have built a great country. If you want a better life then fix your country, make your country better. Because the tougher our situation gets over here the tougher its gonna be for us to give up some of our pie.

If there was little food would you feed your neighbors first before your family? or would you make sure your family your blood ate first?

And this is OUR pie don't you forget. We share by our own free will, but OUR families come first we will eat first. Then if there is pie left over we will happily share as we always do.

-Alien

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

So by your basis I can break into the deep sections of the pentagon and while they are kicking me out ask for a glass of water and they have to give it to me?

Wasnt aware that your awarded when breaking the law.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
So, you're okay with the illegal Chinese immigrants robbing you of the promised tuition write offs and dipping into your free eye exams fund? If so, you are one of the few and your country has it own illegal immigrant problems.

GO HOME NOW! A NO-NONSENSE PLAN to REMOVE CRIMMIGRANTS

"No-one is illegal" whine the open-border anarchists. Oh, but they are! If you've broken our laws to get here, you've committed an illegal act. You're a criminal on the loose. You're a criminal immigrant -- a crimmigrant!
The prospect began to be raised in 2006 for a UK "amnesty" for those criminals -- politely termed "illegal immigrants" -- who are in Britain because they broke our law of entry. It's claimed that it's just too difficult to repatriate them -- which is like saying it's just too difficult to enforce the law! Where there's a will, there's a way, and this sort of thinking is simply a reflection of official apathy and lack of leadership.

Although this particular post is older, the UK has it's share of illegal immigrants draining it's funds.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

"Well excuse me...

When you become a legal resident of my Country, I'll be more than happy to debate with you, the advantages of using the dwindling resources of my Country, to benefit the legal citizens of my Country. Until then, good luck on the policy of your Country..."

What makes it your country? Scotland sure as hell isn't my country. Idon't claim to own it. Surely what the US has done is taken over a vast area of land, claimed it as 'mine', allowed more immigration (mainly from 'my' country) but at some, arbitrary, point said 'from now on nobody comes here unless we say so'

Dwindling resources of 'your' country? Only because your government lets it be like that

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Gridrebel

"So, you're okay with the illegal Chinese immigrants robbing you of the promised tuition write offs and dipping into your free eye exams fund? If so, you are one of the few and your country has it own illegal immigrant problems."

I take it that's aimed at me. Yes we do have our problems. My original post explains that they annoy me. But yes I am more than happy for anyone coming to Scotland to get a free eye exam and have their tuition fees paid (although this doesn't happen for everyone)

These things should be offered by every country to every citizen of the world, in my opinion. We're leading the way, even if that's not the government's intention and people are getting these benefits 'illegally'

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join