It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel bars nuclear whistle-blower from emigrating

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Israel bars nuclear whistle-blower from emigrating

Mordechai Vanunu

Israel's supreme court on Thursday barred nuclear whistle-blower Mordechai Vanunu from emigrating on the grounds he still poses a threat to state security, Israeli media reported.

The prosecution charged he posed "a real danger to the security of Israel," while the judges stressed the 56-year-old former nuclear technician had contacts with unspecified "foreign elements."

Israel is widely believed to be the only nuclear-armed power in the Middle East, with between 100 and 300 warheads, but it has a policy of neither confirming nor denying that. The Jewish state has refused to sign the nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty or to allow international surveillance of its Dimona plant in the Negev desert of southern Israel.

Well no surprise here, Mordechai Vanunu the nuclear whistle-blower, who exposed Israel dirty nuclear secrets, they kept the guy in solitary confinement for 11 years, (Just in case he might reveal more Israeli nuclear secrets ?), and even to this day, they still believe his a a major threat.

Here are some of the prohibitions that are placed upon Vanunu after his release from jail.

he shall not be able to have contacts with citizens of other countries but Israel
he shall not use phones
he shall not own cellullar phones
he shall not have access to the Internet
he shall not approach or enter embassies and consulates
he shall not come within 500 metres of any international border crossing
he shall not visit any port of entry and airport
he shall not leave the State of Israel

Is this man really that dangerous after all these years ?

Source
Source

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Hello, TheMaverick.

It seems like you're asking two questions. 1) Could his nuclear knowledge still be sensitive after 25 years? And 2) If so, is he likely to reveal it?

I have only looked at your sources, but it seems the answer to 2) is clearly yes. He doesn't seem to want to live within Israeli law even today.

He was released in 2004 but banned from travel or contact with foreigners without prior permission. He has since been sanctioned more than 20 times for breaking the rules.
More than 20 times in seven years? Yeah, he's a risk.

But question 1) is a little trickier. I would expect that some nuclear principles haven't changed in 25 years. The details of the Dimona site are probably the same as when he was there. The US, I believe, has a 30-year rule. I suppose the information could still be sensitive.

Israel may be wrong here, I don't know, but I don't see that they're being wildly unreasonable.

Charles1952

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Personally, i think his treatment is a deterrent to other would be whistle blowers, and as for being sanctioned more than 20 times for breaking the rules, nearly all of them are petty, and more a case of harassment.

Maybe, he not revealed all he knows, and thats why they feel his still a danger to the security of Israel.

Here's a timeline of Mordechai Vanunu

And here's the vanunu.org site, for more information regarding this man.

But end of the day, Israel, has unregulated, and unaccounted for Nuclear Weapons, and they preach to other country's, on having illegal nuclear capabilities, that have to be regulated, while in the same breath, refusing it them self's.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
It seems that the Israeli gov still has much to hide in the sense of it's Nuclear armament.

Then again the fact that they refuse to let any weapons inspectors in to exam them should have rung bells with people a long time ago.

Also where exactly was this weapons grade uranium obtained from to create these nuclear weapons!

Do they also have a Nuclear power plant hidden away that has made the uranium? If not where did they purchase this weapons grade uranium? & who's selling it?

These are very important questions that the people of this world need answers to and i would not be surprised in the slightest if the whistle blower in question could provide all if not half of the answers for us!

Peace

top topics

join