It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Mikey Welsh of Weezer predict his own untimely death?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Ex-bassist of the band Weezer, Mikey Welsh, was found dead in Chicago on Saturday.

Mikey-Welsh Mikey Welsh, former bassist for the alternative rock band Weezer, has died. Welsh, who was 40, was found in a Chicago hotel room on Saturday afternoon. The cause of death is still undetermined pending autopsy results, but according to the Chicago Tribune, authorities suspect narcotics were involved.

source

A friend on facebook brought this tweet from September 25th on Welsh's account to my attention:

MikeyWelsh71 Mikey Welsh dreamt i died in chicago next weekend (heart attack in my sleep). need to write my will today. 26 Sep

source

Very very interesting if you ask me, what do you think ATS?

edit on 10/9/2011 by martianmallow because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
The autopsy is still pending the cause of death so this is open to speculation I guess.
People have dreams of dying all the time, but he even got the city down.

Another spin I could put on it is that he was planning to commit suicide and posted this as a sort of hint.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Very sad. My internal jukebox is playing "Buddy Holly" now..maybe it will get Destinys Child outta my head..i digress. Its hard to say but that twitter message had a somewhat alarmed tone to it in my opinion. Excuse my ignorance but it says "ex" bassist..was that because of his death or?

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by martianmallow

Wow...who's Wheezer gonna hire as a new bassist? A little too soon? In all seriousness may he rest in peace no matter the cause..Amen.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by martianmallow
The autopsy is still pending the cause of death so this is open to speculation I guess.
People have dreams of dying all the time, but he even got the city down.

Another spin I could put on it is that he was planning to commit suicide and posted this as a sort of hint.

I've honestly never dreamt of my own death, nor do I dream the things that people are supposed to dream about (like flying or in black and white and such)

Shame he died though

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Just saw this on his facebook page, dated Sep 27th-

Mikey Welsh
new painting "the horses are clouds inside the sun (self-portrait as skweetis at my own funeral, while the melvins play live)" 12x18 mixed media on watercolor paper. $250 if i am still alive at time of purchase, price to increase exponentially if i expire prematurely. contact Mia - [email protected] to purchase.
Wall Photos
Like · · Share · Tuesday, September 27 at 1:21am

12 people like this.
View 1 share
Cameron L. Maris Prophetic. Sad. Hear you me, Mikey.
Sunday, October 9 at 8:21pm (11 hours ago) · LikeReply
Gary Kaylor Wow!
3:07am (5 hours ago) · LikeReply

www.facebook.com...

Certainly seems prophetic.
RIP Mikey

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by FreedomKnight

Oh to clarify Mikey was bassist of Weezer until 2001, they have had a new bassist since then. According to wikipedia he had a mental breakdown and tried to commit suicide by drug overdose.

The other grim twitter post makes it look more and more like he was hinting about suicide.

Either way I found it interesting.
edit on 10/10/2011 by martianmallow because: (no reason given)

top topics

join