It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the Tea Party already giving up on the 2012 Presidential race?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
According to this article, YES!

www.rawstory.com...

With their favored candidates for the 2012 Republican presidential nomination lagging or out of the race, many U.S. Tea Party activists are shifting focus to the struggle for control of the U.S. Senate.

The fizz has gone out of the presidential contest for some supporters of the fiscally conservative movement now that former Alaska governor Sarah Palin is not running and Texas Governor Rick Perry and congresswoman Michele Bachmann are slipping in polls.

“No one is going to get perfect in a general election candidate. That is why we think the Senate is a better place to focus,” said Matt Kibbe, president and chief executive of the libertarian FreedomWorks, a Tea Party group.

Owch! There's still 11 months! They sound defeated already...

This next bit is something I've been saying for a while now:

In the end, Tea Party voters are expected to put aside ideological differences with Romney if he does become the nominee, because their primary goal in next year’s presidential race is denying Obama a second term.

“The Tea Party to some extent, though not completely, was born in reaction to the Obama movement. Certainly their number one priority is going to be to beat Barack Obama in the fall. There’s no question about that,” said Doug Heye, a political consultant and former Republican National Committee spokesman.

Exactly.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by negativenihil

what is the media and you talking about. Their favorite canidate is Ron Paul and he is doing better than ever. What is with these globalists scums in this world getting on here and making posts acting as if RON PAUL isn't the Tea Party? He started it for christs sake. I'm gonna be on here overtime to call out anyone who uses media propaganda against Ron Paul. I'm sick of it. NO OTHER CANIDATE IS TEA PARTY IN THE REPUBLICAN RACE!

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I haven't voted all my life. I didn't vote for Obama or Bush. This time around I've been awake for a few years now and the only person that I will vote for is Ron Paul. If he don't make the primary's than I probly will not ever vote.
edit on 9-10-2011 by RowdyAmerican1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
You can always tell the difference between the people who spreads hate and violence and the people who spread love and wisdom.

P 767 F 27 = Spreading hate........ only 27 flags out of 767 post??? You must not be doing something right.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by RowdyAmerican1

I can almost bet that it is posters such as this OP that are hired and paid by TPTB to get on here and promote propaganda. We are watching you idiots and scum!!!!! This is a forum for geniuses, not for those who wish to be willfully ignorant sheeple. Those are the ones that us here on this forum detest and expose.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by supermanning

lol I got more flags than him and I've only started 14 threads, and have 135 posts. I also have 210 stars. LOL

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by supermanning

I can almost bet that it is posters such as this OP that are hired and paid by TPTB to get on here and promote propaganda. We are watching you idiots and scum!!!!! This is a forum for geniuses, not for those who wish to be willfully ignorant sheeple. Those are the ones that us here on this forum detest and expose.

I *wish* i could get paid to post!

Only listings i found for that sort of work was all for right wing viewpoints... oh well.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by supermanning
reply to post by supermanning

lol I got more flags than him and I've only started 14 threads, and have 135 posts. I also have 210 stars. LOL

Well clearly Stars and flags are the measure of a man!

Couldn't care less about that whole e-peen contest in case you hadn't noticed.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   

I was posting long before the star and flag system was put into place.

but again, who cares

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
So, basically, no one even bothered to pay attention to the OP, they just want to talk about Ron Paul.

Great work ATS

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by negativenihil

It isn't about Ron Paul. That's what people like you always roll back to. The leader of the sheeple: "left/right" paradigm. Why don't you go play catch with your dog, use a bone, and watch your dog follow the bone religiously until it can't any more and then, only then, come on here and talk about what you learned from that experience. The is NO MATRIX brother, just the one they put in front of you in order to keep you entertained like the said dog in my illustration. This is not a place that sheeple and their controllers will get along, because people that are not sheeple understand how easily they are mislead. Please just stop with the futile attempt to dumb people down. I love you brother and everyone else that reads this post. That's what makes me a man. If you would like to see what I believe, click on the youtube link in my signature. Have a great day.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
If by "tea party" you mean Sarah Palin or Christopher "Chris" Christie, then yes, but not one really cares about that tea party. Now, if you asked, is Ron Paul giving up on the 2012 presidential race? And the answer is an obvious no.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
If the Tea Party was truly going to stand for the principles that originated the TP, then they would vote for RP. He pretty much started the movement, set the standards, but it has been hijacked by the mainstream Republican media.

When they noticed the power the TP had, they knew they had to fold it back into the paradigm or they would split the GOP in half.

So I think the election will see the few true conservatives break-away from the Republican puppet that is nominated and probably stay home on election day.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
OP has a good point. The "Tea Party" as seen on Fox "News" only considers Bachman, Palin, or Perry their candidates. In case you hadn't noticed, Fox "News" and the blabbering talking heads they prop up in front of their cameras (and Palin is one of them) hate Ron Paul because RP would represent the end of the corporate gravy train.

Now, if you consider the Tea Party to represent Ron Paul's ideals, well brother, it ain't 2007, that Tea Party was consumed by the GOP. GOP pundits still pay lip service to it, but only when it's convenient to getting more of their shills elected.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Herman Cain is getting quite a bit of support from "tea party" Americans, so I don't really know what the news people are talking about. Sounds like they are making the story up to me.

top topics

join