It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OWS -- American Spectator Editor Admits to Being Agent Provocateur at D.C. Museum

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   

American Spectator Editor Admits to Being Agent Provocateur at D.C. Museum

I saw this in one of Salman Rushdie's tweets,
but we sort of expected this reaction and attitude towards the Occupy protests didn't we?

Immediately after the incident began hitting the newswires Howley published a “Breaking News” story with The American Spectator online in which he reveals that he had consciously infiltrated the group on Friday with the intent to discredit the movement. He states that “as far as anyone knew I was part of this cause — a cause that I had infiltrated the day before in order to mock and undermine in the pages of The American Spectator — and I wasn’t giving up before I had my story.”

Source

Some people really piss me off.

edit on 10/9/2011 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Howley refers to the Museum as “the scene of my crime.” In light of his detailed description of his activities today the fact that they clearly document the commission of the crime of trespassing on federal property, if not the intent to incite a riot there, these admissions should not be taken lightly or ignored. As a result of Howley’s activities a large number of people were subjected to pepper-spray attacks including journalists and tourists who had nothing to do with the protest. Given the negative light that the press is attempting to spin this incident with regard to the ongoing occupations, from Wall Street and D.C. and now spreading to Main Streets across the country, the presence and admitted activities of this self-proclaimed agent provacateur should be brought to the attention of federal law enforcement officials.

my.firedoglake.com...

All just for a "juicy and scandalous" story.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I have to admit I am sort of surprised that nobody has any comments on this.

Even tourists that weren't with the protest got pepper sprayed just because this reporter wanted to "create" a story about "unruly" Occupy protesters...

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
This doesn't really surprise me.
Probably doesn't surprise others.
I suspect 90% plus of the violence at demonstrations are by provocateurs or shills.
Or unprovoked by police action (like Tony Baloney).

Would be nice if to join a protest you had to sign something saying that you agree to non-violence.
Then if something happens, the protest is 'off the hook' for the violence since the instigators broke their pledge.

The 'real' people at these protests generally have enough problems of their own.
The last thing they need is more problems like an arrest or jail or more medical problems.
edit on 10/9/2011 by fah0436 because: Added last two sentences

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

It may be that people are posting their comments here:Pepper spray story

Also, I'd be more inclined to comment at length if you had used the statement from the Spectator reporter, instead of someone's commentary on it. I don't think you're being completely fair.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Here is some of his account just for you.

"Under a cloud of pepper spray I forced myself into the doors and sprinted blindly across the floor of the Air and Space Museum, drawing the attention of hundreds of stunned khaki-clad tourists (some of whom began snapping off disposable-camera portraits of me). I strained to glance behind me at the dozens of protesters I was sure were backing me up, and then I got hit again, this time with a cold realization: I was the only one who had made it through the doors. As two guards pointed at me and started running, I dodged a circle of gawking old housewives and bolted upstairs."
Mr. Howley made it out of the museum again after taking actions that he planned to blame on others. Yet he finds this a source of pride.

Source

new topics

top topics

join