It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Armed Chinese Troops in Texas!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
What's up with all the negative comments about the video? And who the hell starred Jonnygambles irrational drivel for a post? The point of the video is not to be unpredictable, but to point out concepts that are foundational, yet elude so many Americans. These types of videos should be MANDATORY for every American in an age where wars are waged for no good reason, resulting in countless death and endless suffering.

So although the title is slightly misleading, the video is impressive. Jonnygamble says it's different because the jihadist want to kill us.....REALLY? You're telling me if Chinese military forces were pillaging your city, killing family and friends, that you wouldn't want to kill them? What the hell is going through your mind? Is 1.4 million innocent Iraqi lives since 9/11 alone not good enough? Disgusting excuse and I'm ashamed anyone starred your illogical post.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Orkojoker

It's not our job to make sure foreign countries elect good leaders, but it is in our interest - or, rather, the interest of those making decisions in the name of the U.S. - to make sure that foreign countries elect leaders who will run their country in a way that benefits our decision makers. If Iraqis want to elect leaders who are friendly to U.S. interests, then we are all for their democratic elections. Otherwise, not so much.

So, in the case of "Otherwise, not so much," we are justified in sending in our military to force this to happen? What exactly are you trying to say? I don't want to make an assumption.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raelsatu
What's up with all the negative comments about the video? And who the hell starred Jonnygambles irrational drivel for a post? The point of the video is not to be unpredictable, but to point out concepts that are foundational, yet elude so many Americans. These types of videos should be MANDATORY for every American in an age where wars are waged for no good reason, resulting in countless death and endless suffering.

So although the title is slightly misleading, the video is impressive. Jonnygamble says it's different because the jihadist want to kill us.....REALLY? You're telling me if Chinese military forces were pillaging your city, killing family and friends, that you wouldn't want to kill them? What the hell is going through your mind? Is 1.4 million innocent Iraqi lives since 9/11 alone not good enough? Disgusting excuse and I'm ashamed anyone starred your illogical post.

Don't beat around the bush, Raelsatu. Please tell us how you really feel.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Retracted!

edit on 9/10/11 by Unrivaled1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

Personally, I think the US should be occupied "just because this video is so annoying"..!!

2nd

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnnygamble
wow...i think i actually lost i.q points on that one....title of the thread is an outright lie...video is annoying and repetitive and predictable...i can practically feel myself getting dumber from having watched it

This is what happens when you let children on the internet. They post things such as this. By posting you just made the thread more popular so thank you.

Keep your title. The title is what got me in here in the first place. The message is one that I think many Americans need to get. I also realized where the video was going but it didn't change the truth/validity of what was being said.

Now I'm going to watch it again!
edit on 9-10-2011 by infiniteobserver because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Unrivaled1

There is no truth in it, so whats the deal. Why talk about things that are so far fetched when your country is already in a mess. Why distract from the endless issues you have now with something thats merely made up!

This video is not designed to "instill fear." It was created to make a point. Are you really suggesting this video is trying to get people to believe that a foreign country might occupy our streets? Seriously?

It's purpose is to get Americans to imagine what that would be like. We take a lot for granted over here. We don't bat an eyelash when our government says it's gonna send tens of thousands of troops to engage in battle overseas because we stupidly assume that it's always done with honorable intentions. We don't stop to think of what it would be like to be living in one of these foreign countries while this is taking place. We just go about our business.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Unrivaled1

Please tell me this post is a joke....Do you even get what the message is??

Basically, if you think it's ok for America to do to other countries what this video hypothesizes, something is wrong with you. What the video is getting across is that we're occupying other nations and murdering their civilians to fight the very "enemies" that we incited to rebel in the first place. Anyway, you can't wage a war on terrorism, because you can't wage war on a tactic. So while you bomb Muslim predominant countries out of fear for a handful of self-proclaimed terrorist scattered in the region(s), some crazy guy in your own country might decide to build bombs in his basement and wreck havoc.

DO YOU SEE. Don't defend the wars when not only does it directly affect foreign people in a horrifying manner; but also affects us on an economic level. Trillions of dollars to mass murder and nation build is money NOT well spent.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I haven't seen this mentioned and it appears some folks are confused as to what this is.

This is a speech Ron Paul read on the House Floor.

It has been read by someone else and had the graphics added.

The writing is all Ron Paul though.

There is a reason he has received more donations from active duty military than all the other "candidates" combined.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by 8ILlBILl8
Imagine IMAGINE ron paul turning on America like Obama

Hes a politician guys, dont trust him. Dont make him your savior. It only gives our govt control. He is in the position he is in because the elites want him their . If they didnt then he would not be able to run for president.
edit on 9-10-2011 by 8ILlBILl8 because: (no reason given)

Certainly not going to depend on the OWC crowd either.

reply to post by newcovenant

Case in point.
edit on 9-10-2011 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by NightGypsy

So it's designed to make people think what it would be like for them if they were on the receiving end!

Oh dear epic facepalm here!
I hold my hands up!

In that case s & f

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
all i can say is...................

Applause!

S&F my fiend great post!

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnnygamble
no..it's predictable because it propaganda...seriously..i served in the army in Afghanistan...the jihadists don't just want us out...they want us dead...there is a huge difference..personally i think we should have been out of iraq as soon as Saddam was dead...Afghanistan and Iraq have both turned into police actions...we shouldn't have our soldiers there for a police action..only combat..that's what leads to all the stupid incidences like abu gharib...trying to make soldiers be police...but as far as the video in the op...sorry man...i think its just dumb

It was a bit distracting with the awkward word placement for me at times, but it gets the point out there. I love how people would rather talk about the messenger i.e. the production of the video, yet ignore the message. Which is really the important part.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by infiniteobserver

Keep your title. The title is what got me in here in the first place.
edit on 9-10-2011 by infiniteobserver because: (no reason given)

Agreed! I was about to go berserk because I thought China was actually deploying troops on American soil.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Well, he's right about the war.

Just too bad that he's dead wrong on everything else.

Maybe Ron Paul should be SecDef.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by jonnywhite

Apparently, they have liked it very much. They even insisted that we stick around so they can organize their government and police forces. Much of the talk you hear about freedom fighters is made up. Most of hte insurgents now are being funded by FOREIGN nations and terrorist organizations in a proxy-war. There're many poxy wars all across the world. This is just one of them. But anyway, the Iraq people are, increasingly, taking on the burden themselves. That's why we're on a controlled exit. They have showed promise in policing their own country, of late.

Jonnywhite, since this ad is for Ron Paul's campaign, wouldn't you be curious to know why he's received more campaign donations from members of the military than all the other candidates combined? That indicates to me that there is a large population of U.S. soldiers who don't share your support of our military presence in these countries. Many vets of these wars have voiced their opposition very publicly.

Please tell me.....do you think once some semblance of "democracy" is in place in these countries and we finally depart, that things will remain that way? If you do, you are kidding yourself. These countries have been fighting for many lifetimes and will continue to do so whether we butt in or not.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
...if "we" were to be invaded which is highly probable, you would not join forces to defend our country?

Personally it would depend on if their alternative way of life was worse than this one. So far this one, for me, has been very good. So why would I want to live like a typically poor Chinese citizen?

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox

Well, he's right about the war.

Just too bad that he's dead wrong on everything else.

Maybe Ron Paul should be SecDef.

you might as well have just said, "blah blah blah"

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ForeverDusk

Misleading or false titles for threads have become the coin of the realm here. Until moderators care, the forum is weaker.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman

Originally posted by Misterlondon
but that video is full of subliminal messages and psychological tricks, and it is not even subtle about it. i had to stop it half way through then skipped through to the end... and was shocked to find it was for this Ron Paul guy..

if that's the level they are now subjecting the American public to.. well... its not good..

Originally posted by LightAssassin
reply to post by Misterlondon

Like what?

I, like LightAssassin, want to know what subliminal messaging you are talking about. I admit it is not an ordinary Ron Paul video but it really hit home with me.

of course it hit home with you.. thats the point.

it is actually so blatant it is laughable..

i cant analyze it for you completely but i can tell you what to look for.. The word imagine is a powerful word which can embed into the sub conscious.. how many times does it say it? what does it want you to "imagine"?

words that appear in red makes that particular word stand out again.. sub conscious mind.. what words are in red?

powerful words that appear quickly on the screen and a fast flow of information, with flying words, sentences changing and flashing images/pictures.. again.. subconscious mind..

changes in the audio at certain key points and on certain words...

dramatic music at key points.. (very powerful)

and one of the key ingredients... fear..

its up to you what you believe.. but just watch it again, looking out for those few things i mentioned...

just want to add.. i am completely impartial in American politics, im in the uk and dont really know much about ron paul or what he stands for, or any other candidate for that matter.. im just telling you what i see.. if it wasn't for the fact i thought it was something different, its doubtful i would have even watched it.
edit on 9/10/11 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join