It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Armed Chinese Troops in Texas!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I thought that was a brilliant add well done all involved working on it,

But yes you naughty naughty little boy/girl OP that was very bad of you, how dare you trick us with important information,

S&F from me because the video had a very important message regardless of weather i would have watched it in the first place so i guess thanks you...

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by boatsmac

First I would like to see that link. Second, it should be obvious by now that yes the CIA has kille, but who exactly have they killed?

Are you going to tell us that we have never been attacked by anyone? that the Russian communists were never a threat? (I lived alongside millions of others that so called communist threat that so many Americans in their ignorance claim is just a lie)

Do I think the fact that we have been attacked that our freedoms and liberty should be sacrificed just to "feel safe"? NO...

We can't live in either extremes, thinking naively that "noone wants to attack us and we live in a happy world full of flowers and love" and neither should we be giving away our freedoms and allowing corporations to make profit from wars.

edit on 9-10-2011 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

Thank you for the link. I took a deep breath and posted it on my facebook. It wasn't easy, because I have had some heated discussions this past year now because of some of my supporting comments for Ron Paul, and for speaking out against Obama. This could very well cost me a couple of aquaintances, but it is worth it. I am learning lately that the doing the right thing is often the most difficult. But you know what? I sleep better at night because of it.

It's time that all of us really stand up and speak out for what we believe in. Nothing will change until the majority does.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
This video is making a stupid comparison.

First, it's making the assertion that these peacekeeping activities are without justification.
Second, it ignores the broad public support in afghanistan and iraq for our activities over there.

I think the most important thing it does is ignore what terrorists have done. It ignores what Saddam did during his reign. It ignores all of the things that create justification for the wars.

If you throw out justifications then it would seem that we're INVADING iraq and afghanistan. For example, most of the time when people focus on civilian casualties and claim the wars aren't worth it, they throw out the justifications and exaggerate the negatives.

And it makes no sense to suggest that China might come here on a military peacekeeping mission in Texas. America would have to do something incredibly stupid and China would have be seen as a world policeman. Just because you turn the cards around, doesn't mean it will make any sense. It's like making an argument by removing gravity and then saying, "See! We told you so!" But how can gravity be removed? If gravity cannot be removed then it's a baseless argument. Similarly, the argument in this video is relying on wild scenario's that bare little relation to reality.

Nonetheless, I always get a kick out of these videos. Pure entertainment.
edit on 9-10-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by westcoast

Thank you for the link. I took a deep breath and posted it on my facebook. It wasn't easy, because I have had some heated discussions this past year now because of some of my supporting comments for Ron Paul, and for speaking out against Obama. This could very well cost me a couple of aquaintances, but it is worth it. I am learning lately that the doing the right thing is often the most difficult. But you know what? I sleep better at night because of it.

It's time that all of us really stand up and speak out for what we believe in. Nothing will change until the majority does.

Bless You for showing your inner Strength. And, being a fine example of what Freedom is all about

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Well they are going to lose because any military installation that tries to get in certainly shouldn't be trying in Texas.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonnywhite
This video is making a stupid comparison.

First, it's making the assertion that these peacekeeping activities do not achieve peace
Second, it ignores the broad public support in afghanistan and iraq for our activities over there

I think the most important thing it does is ignore what terrorists have done. It ignores what Saddam did during his reign. It ignores all of the things that might make its argument weak. How trite.

It is amazing that to this day so many ATS members still think that all Iraqis want us out of there when a majority of tribal clans in Iraq have united with the U.S. to attack Al Qaeda and other Islamic extremists who have been attacking Iraqi civilians and U.S. military personnel...

Iraqi Tribes Strike Back at Insurgents

By John Ward Anderson
Washington Post Foreign Service
Tuesday, March 7, 2006

BAGHDAD, March 6 -- First they killed the chief of the Naim tribe and his son. Then they killed a top tribal sheik who headed the Fallujah city council. Then they assassinated the leader of the al-Jubur tribe.

And now the reported killers of all these men -- al-Qaeda in Iraq, the insurgent group of Abu Musab al-Zarqawi -- have a powerful new enemy.

Tribal chiefs in Iraqs western Anbar province and in an area near the northern city of Kirkuk, two regions teeming with insurgents, are vowing to strike back at al-Qaeda in Iraq, a Sunni Arab-led group that is waging war against Sunni tribal leaders who are cooperating with the Iraqi government and the U.S. military. Anbar tribes have formed a militia that has killed 20 insurgents from al-Qaeda in Iraq, leaders said.

Separately, more than 300 tribal chiefs, politicians, clerics, security officials and other community leaders met last week in Hawijah, about 35 miles southwest of Kirkuk, and "declared war" on al-Qaeda in Iraq. In a communique, the participants vowed "the shedding of blood" of anyone involved in "sabotage, killings, kidnappings, targeting police and army, attacking the oil and gas pipelines and their transporters, assassinating the religious and tribal figures, technicians, and doctors."

www.washingtonpost.com...

Even after being shown the fact that Iraqi tribes have united with us to fight Al Qaeda Islamic terrorists these members continue to claim the Islamic extremists are the Iraqi people...

I can't count how many times many members have claimed the U.S. is the sole responsible for the deaths of Iraqis...

These members seem to be ignorant to the fact that their "freedom fighters" have killed more Iraqis than they have killed U.S. troops, and the majority of Iraqis, who were not part of Saddam's regime, have been killed by insurgents/Islamic extremists...

These members forget that these people they call "freedom fighters" even attacked Iraqis when they went out by the millions to vote...

From The Times

March 8, 2010

Millions of Iraqis defy bomb and rocket attacks to vote

Oliver August, Baghdad

Bomb blasts and grenade fire failed to deter millions of Iraqis from voting yesterday in an election crucial to the country's fragile young democracy.

Despite a series of explosions that killed at least 38 people, long queues were reported at polling stations, including those in Sunni towns that boycotted the 2005 parliamentary poll.

As the Western world hailed the election a success, however, privately officials voiced fears that the turnout would be modest and that Iraq’s new government would lack the strength to make the country secure enough. US combat troops are due to leave the country in less than six months.

www.timesonline.co.uk...

edit on 9-10-2011 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

Excellent and on target remarks.

This essentially shatters the whole argument. Again, it's like omitting the presence of gravity from an equation and then saying "Aha! Told you so!" when you get the answer you want. The problem is that the whole premise is wrong because it omits gravity. Similarly, these kinds of arguments we see omit crucial elements in order to support their conclusions.

And, btw, Hamas recently attacked a supply line that runs into the Gaza Strip. The apparent intent was to bring attention to the whole "illegal" israel blockade. The actual result was the death of their own people - palestinians. Hamas is not serving the interests of its people. This is similar to what you referred to because the "freedom fighters" in iraq are attacking iraqi people at least as much as they're attacking US servicemen. They resemble terrorists more htan citizens.

A lot of the "freedom fighters" are converts or being funded by iran and/or al qaeda or other FOREIGN interests. Similarly, Lebanon and Syria have an interest in Hamas staying strong.

I don't know how people fall for this. My guess is they WANT to believe.

My advice to people who believe this video is to WAKE UP. This war is real, not staged. There is a concerted effort by extremist groups to gain a foothold in the world. Different superpowers like China and Russia and smaller nations like Iran and Korea play proxy-wars with the US and other peacekeeping powers in a game of international chess that's bloody and discouraging. Don't let this all happen and let it pass you by. Real people are sacrificing themselves for YOU.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Yes we seldom hear the other side of the story of why we are fighting these wars.

And as it was in Vietnam, once we left, there was no more war ...

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Imagine if the USA was not on the offensive all the time,

Imagine if the USA was not seeking to build military bases to further it's strategic goals,

Imagine if the USA just withdrew all it's troops from abroad,

Imagine if the USA closed down all of it's bases abroad,

Imagine which foreign super power would fill this power vacuum,

Imagine how they would spread across the globe,

Imagine how many Western countries they would economically siege,

Imagine the state of fear created by a real threat,

Imagine how powerless you would feel,

Imagine a Chinese army in Texas,

Imagine if you voted for Ron Paul...

This is why Ron Paul will never be president; his policies look great on paper in some ideal world, however, this is not an ideal world and therefore, his head remains firmly in the clouds.

Regards, Skellon.
edit on 9-10-2011 by Skellon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by jonnywhite

And notice how members keep patting each other in the back for believing the exagerations and lies they want to believe...

You have to wonder why so many people decide to ignore FACTS.

If these members had been alive in the late 1700s and early 1800s these same members/people would have claimed that Thomas Jefferson, John Adams and other U.S. founding fathers were terrorists because they waged a war against Islamic extremists over "money"...

These same members are probably the same ones who have claimed that the Iraqi war was illegal when it was a military engagement authorized by Congress just like the Quasi war against France signed by U.S. President John Adams on July 9, 1798...

Just like the Barbary Wars from 1801-1816, the first one signed by Thomas Jefferson and the second one signed by James Madison...

These members forget the redress for the attack on the U.S. Navy vessel Water Witch, which was fired upon by Paraguay and killed ONE U.S. sailor in 1855 under U.S. President James Buchanan...

When attacked we shouldn't just "forget about it"...

edit on 9-10-2011 by ElectricUniverse because: errors.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Title of the thread is horse it and misleading. But, if it attracts attention if even under a faulty premise, I guess the site condones it. Go figure.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Skellon

I actually agree with some of Ron Paul's policies, but you are right that in some things he seems to have his head in the clouds.

Like him I think the Feds should be heavily investigated and charges of treason should be levied against those officials from the Feds who threatened U.S. Senators with bankrupting the U.S. if the Senators didn't do as commanded by the Feds.

The Feds should cough up the $9 - $13 trillion dollars which "were swallowed into a blackhole" and which put us deeper into this economic crisis.

For the above alone, which would end the economic crisis, I will vote for Ron Paul. I don't think any other contender would even try to do this.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   

This did not catch me off guard; I have thought about this a number of times and I saw it coming. Great video!

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnnygamble
i can practically feel myself getting dumber from having watched it

Something tells me you would feel that way regardless of whether you "watched it or not"...

care to explain why exactly that "video" made you "dumber"...??

Was it the reading? I understand how not being able to keep up with the reading in the video could make you feel "dumber" as you lagged behind...

Was it the TRUTH? Yes I understand how when you finally see the truth over time you feel "dumber and dumber" for having believed anything else...

You aren't alone, many others I'm sure will feel as "dumb" as you felt watching this video when they are forced to see things from a different perspective.

Its not your fault though you have been conditioned and programmed by your country, your politicians, your education systems, and of course your mama and your daddy who were also...programmed/conditioned by their country, politicians and education systems...To think the way you do, behave the way you do, and stand up for what you do and yes fall for what you do...

The only freedom you have is to do as your told...

Its ok though I'm not against you I'm against the people who made you think it was ok to destroy the simple lives of others because of a manufactured threat to you apple pie and american gladiators...

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Well I don't know then. The post still doesn't show armed C
hinese troops in Texas. That's the title, no? Oh, I forgot. If someone types on the computer-box here, it becomes truth. Nevermind, carry on and say Hi to Xiang Lee for me.

edit on 10/9/11 by scooterstrats because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
now because someone said imagine , there in texas :/

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by scooterstrats
Well I don't know then. The post still doesn't show armed C
hinese troops in Texas. That's the title, no?

Awwww....bet you believe in Santa Claus too...

Seriously though, watching the video, makes sense of the title.....

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

Only thing is, we're not programmed to be terrorists. The taliban was basically in alliance wiht AL Qaeda for a while. Saddam support numerous terrorist organizations. The list goes on. This is a crucial difference between the US and other nations. While it's true that we're programmed for some things, I think that making a distinction between what those things are is important.

I'll hand it to you, we ARE programmed to stand up for the weak and to bring down the wrongdoers. But of all the things we could be blamed for, this has to be the least of them.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnnygamble
no..it's predictable because it propaganda...seriously..i served in the army in Afghanistan...the jihadists don't just want us out...they want us dead...there is a huge difference..personally i think we should have been out of iraq as soon as Saddam was dead...Afghanistan and Iraq have both turned into police actions...we shouldn't have our soldiers there for a police action..only combat..that's what leads to all the stupid incidences like abu gharib...trying to make soldiers be police...but as far as the video in the op...sorry man...i think its just dumb

REALLY? It's dumb? What you are describing above is EXACTLY what the video is talking about! LMAO!

YES! Afghanistan and Iraq HAVE become police states, so how do you think the people in those countries like that? How do you think they like having foreigners "policing" their streets, searching their homes, and killing them when they try to rebel against this unwanted "policing" of their streets?

How would you like it if it happened in America? Oh, that's right.....it can't happen in America....because we're such bad asses and people wouldn't dare come here to do that to us.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join