It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Armed Chinese Troops in Texas!

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by moonzoo7
What a misleading title for your thread. You suckered people in with a misleading premise, just like.....Ron Paul !
He doesn't support a woman's right to reproductive choices. Is that LESS government? Is that freedom?
So, "Libertarians" support the government legislating morality. Give me a break. He's part of the system, and he's already in it, obviously.
It is correct that peace is good, and we can't afford the current military adventurism that's going on right now. We should bring our troops home, I agree, but Mr. Paul is just another wolf in sheep's clothing.
Give me a break...The "Occupy Wall Street" movement is organic, and represents real Americans who have genuine, legitimate concerns, even if they haven't gotten organized enough (yet) to put out a cohesive, solidifying message. Ron Paul wants to get into office, just like every other politician. If you think he truly has YOUR best interest in mind, then you've already been drinking the Kool-Aide.

*sigh* You should know by now that you have to keep the original title if you are using an outside source exactly. Just because a politician does not support what you believe 100% (ps- no politician will) doesn't mean they are a bad candidate. It must suck to go through life not allowing yourself to believe in anything or anybody. Don't rain on everyone else's parade.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

Second of all, Saddam was harboring and funding terrorist groups which have even attacked Americans including in our soil... Just like the founding fathers did against the Islamic extremists/pirates during the Barbary Wars 1801-1816 we should make it clear that if any country harbors, trains, and or funds terrorist groups that attack us we will respond in force. Maybe you should be reminded...

The only one who needs reminding of anything is you:

Since it has been determined that Saddam Hussein was not linked to the terrorist attacks of 9/11, please provide your list of terrorist attacks or planned attacks that Saddam Hussein participated in after 9/11 that warranted our invasion of Iraq when we were already fighting a war in Afghanistan.

If you are going to continue to respond to my posts and expect me to take you seriously, I hope you come to the table with something more than assertions that have already been proven to be bogus.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Pretty naive presentation, if you ask me but, who asked me, after all? "Russian troops in Texas"... I saw this on a "Command and Conquer" PC game opening, by the way... in "Red Alert", if I remember correctly. But then, again, who asked me?

A Revolution will not happen, ever, in the US of A; that country isn't the proper soil for the seeds of revolutions to turn into mighty trees. If someone would be so stupid to try to invade the US soil, they will pay with their lives. But to think that American citizens will actually FORCE a fundamental change in the government policy... that's a big no-no.
The leader from Oval Office doesn't actually lead anything, he's a puppet. He have no strength and no means to wage a war against Rockefellers or J.P. Morgans or against any other rich bastard who controls the country.

However, I strongly hope for you, Americans, to choose correctly in 2012, using the brain and not the heart, otherwise you'll begin with love for your leader and in the end you'll bang your heads against the table, as you did until now, as we ALL did, each of us in our own countries, when speaking about our leaders.

Nice world we're living in... I bet our grandchildren will be SO freakin' grateful for their life.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Very very very very very very.... very very
Misleading title, there aren't armed chinese troops in texas... this video is about imagining lol...

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
I turned it off after 1:45 seconds. It sounded too much like Obama on the golf course saying our military was just "air-raiding villages and killing civilians".
It looks like a left-leaning endorsement of Ron Paul, and nowhere did I hear Ron Paul saying he approved the message.I did turn it back on and watched to the end because something told me it wasn't what it seemed. As much as I dislike endless wars fought on behalf of the CFR and the NWO agenda, all this movie was missing to be a real propaganda piece is Jane Fonda, maybe in a Chinese tank or something.
edit on 10-10-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Heres the air raiding villages clip Im talkin about

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

Actually in lage part it's the Iraqi military, which we dismissed without first disarming htem, plus internal iraqi factions that took up arms - we helped recruit for them. There are indeed foreign fighters - the mujahadeen will always come in - but it was a fight by Iraqis for Iraq. The elected iraqi government wants us to leave. The iraqi people want us to leave. The iraqi guerillas want us to leave. Iraq's neighbors want us to leave. That you do not believe that these people "count" does not change the fact.

Uh, oh, WalkingFox, prepare for a response from Electric Universe loaded with videos and comments in large, bold print that will be posted to "remind" and "inform" you of the "facts." I have been treated to a couple of them in this thread and have come to the conclusion that the only one who wants our military to remain in Iraq is ATS member, Electric Universe.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012

Originally posted by moonzoo7
What a misleading title for your thread. You suckered people in with a misleading premise, just like.....Ron Paul !
He doesn't support a woman's right to reproductive choices. Is that LESS government? Is that freedom?
So, "Libertarians" support the government legislating morality. Give me a break. He's part of the system, and he's already in it, obviously.
It is correct that peace is good, and we can't afford the current military adventurism that's going on right now. We should bring our troops home, I agree, but Mr. Paul is just another wolf in sheep's clothing.
Give me a break...The "Occupy Wall Street" movement is organic, and represents real Americans who have genuine, legitimate concerns, even if they haven't gotten organized enough (yet) to put out a cohesive, solidifying message. Ron Paul wants to get into office, just like every other politician. If you think he truly has YOUR best interest in mind, then you've already been drinking the Kool-Aide.

*sigh* You should know by now that you have to keep the original title if you are using an outside source exactly. Just because a politician does not support what you believe 100% (ps- no politician will) doesn't mean they are a bad candidate. It must suck to go through life not allowing yourself to believe in anything or anybody. Don't rain on everyone else's parade.

You have absolutely no idea what I do and don't believe in. A misleading thread is not a parade, last time I checked. The video is just hyperbole to agitate people and futher polarize them to serve a political agenda, nothing more. I'm just calling it as I see it. I fundamentally disagree with the intended purpose of the video, and I stated such, since it was posted openly here in this community, and now you're slamming me for giving my opinion, because it doesn't jive with your interpretation. I have noticed over the last few years that Right Wingers have no tolerance for opinions that are contrary to theirs. They are very poor losers on the whole, and then they try to resort to Congressional redistricting to stack the cards in their favor. ( In tandem with Rupert Murdock's disinformation machinary, that is ). I don't lose any sleep over it , though, because I do believe that true justice will eventually prevail, and the Occupy Wall Street Movement is the beginning of just such an outcome. I'm glad that Americans are finally motivated enough to get of their couches and get out and stand up for themselves.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by moonzoo7

Wow, did you see that as a right leaning video? Must be because it criticized Obama. But you know a lot of lefties were mad that BO didnt end the wars but just added another one to the stack. Come to think of it, so was I, but that's another matter.
edit on 10-10-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: sp

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

I'm sure ya'll know this, but it's basically just a play on a famous Ron Paul speech .. ... as you can see at the link here
www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

However well meaning the message was, it oversimplifies matters and and generalizes, implying the situation happens the same way everywhere a U.S. military base resides. While I agree that the general feeling in this video is shared by those in Iraq, the mere presence of a U.S. military base does not inspire these feelings in Germany for example, at least in my experience. Granted, the U.S. military forces are not policing Germany this way, nor are the actively waging war in that country. What truly bothers me is the motive for the message, which is the Ron Paul campaign. While he may talk a good game about pulling troops out and wanting peace, he is the same man who wanted to prohibit the dismantling of of ICBM silos in the U.S.(H.R.3769 and H.R.1665), which prevents the removal of what is undeniably is the greatest danger in open war, the use of these weapons. More than 30 years ago he would attempt legislation to pull the U.S. out of the ABM Treaty,the Treaty on the Limitation of Anti-Ballistic Missile Systems (H.J.RES.566), so he could be said to be against even limiting them 30 years ago explaining his stance on dismantling them in recent years. I do not agree with many other policies he's supported as well, which in my opinion contradict directly the claims that this man is a champion of personal freedoms. I do not share his opinion that civil liberties and rights should be left to the state government.

So while I find the overall message in the video admirable, the intent I cannot ignore the fact that it's purpose is to garner support for this fellow, who has consistently proposed legislation that I find distasteful. His views of what is unconstitutional often do not reflect mine. They do in some cases, I'll admit this, but most do not. He would even continue U.S. opposition to the International Criminal Court, even after the invasion of Iraq (H.R.4169 and H.R.1154), disregarding how useful it is for prosecuting war-crimes that are not challenged domestically. One could mention as an example the possibility of prosecuting those responsible for reprehensible U.S. military actions, like the already mentioned invasion.

It's a pretty message, but I find the intent duplicitous.
edit on 10-10-2011 by Incredulo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

I'm not defending Obama. These wars are BS, and Obama had promised to end them. I'm just pointing out that the title of the thread was misleading, concerning the actual content of the post. I'm tired of disinformation on either extreme end of the spectrum. Reality is not Left or Right, it's somewhere in the middle, where real people live. I support some ideas that are considered conservative, and I have some notions that are liberal. I don't get it when "Libertarians" support any concept that restricts people's Right to happiness, equality and free expression.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Incredulo

You articulated this much better than I did, with relevent facts in your content. Very well done. Thanks for clarifying.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   
I'm not an American but seeing as the foreign policy decisions made by American presidents end up influencing and in many cases dictating the decisions of my Australian Prime minister then i'd have to say Yay for Ron Paul.

To this I add that i think all nations so heavily influenced by American policy should get to vote for the American President.

I have been saying the same thing as this video since all of this BS started.

When the current Dictatorship in America falls I sincerely hope that ALL of those responsible are made to face the War Crimes Tribunal and that the actions of these Evil and power hungry despots will be recorded as a warning to future generations.

Maybe an occupying force in America would be just what is needed to make the nay sayers understand what so many of us around the world are so damn upset about.

We are not stupid hippies, We are intelligent, thoughtful human beings capable of making rational decisions and coming to logical conclusions.

Enough being afraid of the changes that HAVE to be made to make this world a better place.
Enough of the anger generated when ever the idea of a radical overhaul of the way we do things is suggested.
You who get so angry are angry from fear. You have adapted to a cancerous social and political enviroment and your afraid that your positions of security and power will be forfeit.

These people are not just the ones in power, not just the massive corporations but EVERYONE that is activly supporting of the current status quo.

Enough of your fear and hate. Change and be proud of your courage, strength and determination to become something better.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
I was expecting a video made by yourself with troops from china.

Bull# video and very misleading.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Imagine, if You vote for Ron Paul and you find out its the same agenda just a different president. I could be wrong but this web site seems like it should be the one place i can go without being tricked into watching a campaign ad.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Raivan31

This isn't a "dictator situation", it's systemic. It's based on capitalism, and the concept that perpetual economic growth is required to maintain the status quo. The international banksters and corporations are the true powers behind the thrones around the globe. Political theatre is just a distraction to keep the public focused on useless debates about polarizing cultural differences while the rich and powerful become more so every day.
And by the way, the water swirls down your toilets the wrong way, therefore your opinion is moot.
( That is a joke, of course, however, since you're not here to live in America, it's easy for you to stereotype our country and our citizens. The government is not composed of the average person. The governments of the world represent the interests of the rich and influential, nothing more. Australia is no better )

edit on 10-10-2011 by moonzoo7 because: Spelling/Grammar

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   
I think the smartest thing we could do in the coming year is pull our troops out of Afghanistan and Iraq. I get the message.I believe in the law of retribution, so I wonder how long it will be, before we have foreign troops here. The two wars were designed to bankrupt America, do you think they've (TPTB) been successful ?

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Very strong message and to a certain level i agree with the message. On the other hand, it is not 100% comparable with for example Afganistan. The message is right, but it didn't consider the fact that the US has a very different culture as afganistan. Even europe has a different culture as the US.

I guess what i'm trying to say is that it's not just the occupation (message from the OP's video) that is food for thought, but also the fact that we jumpstarted a culture who was living in the medieval ages within a few years to a modern society, while we took hunderds of years to achieve this and still are not perfect at it..

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   
China has long been a trading and military ally and we do occasionally have members of foreign troops train here. That is what this is. No invasion is coming so everyone can crawl back out from inside their little bunkers.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join