It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

200 suicide bombers planning attacks in U.K

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   

A senior intelligence source has revealed that the figure is a "conservative" estimate of the threat facing the country from UK-based Islamist suicide bombers. The would-be killers are among 2,000 extremists who the security services have said are based in Britain and actively planning terrorist activity of some kind. The figures are contained within a secret government report on the "enduring terrorist threat" facing the UK from al-Qaeda and affiliated organisations, The Sunday Telegraph has been told.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

After the recent arrests of 7 men from Birmingham, and many other foiled terrorist plots. It's obvious something big is going to happen soon. According to Wikileak cables we face a 'unique threat from a generation of home-grown terrorists who are not on the intelligence services’

www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
This is just another way for them to justify changing laws etc, make you all nice and safe, keep sucking on the teet of government. Perhaps if we had not invaded and killed so many of their kin, just possibly we would not have this supposed threat now facing us.

Usual bs in my opinion, devide and conquer as usual.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
So I guess, OCUPPY London is out of the question now?

Darn, the brit gov sure have do have brains, and the rumoured threat of Al Queda is a great tired old horse to flog upon time and time again.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by brommas

Yeah changing the laws would be the outcome for it and these extremists won't be happy till the world is under the kaliphate. how is it BS ?? when 7 men were caught a few weeks ago planning terrorist attacks in the UK.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Thetawave

TY for the heads up, but I have much faith in the UKs security, the terrorists will have a big challenge...

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
this is just fear FEAR from the newspapers told by tptw. this isn't possible. they are the terrorists not the ordinary people.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
This is either BS or the work the security services have undertaken to infiltrate these groups hasn't worked.

So what is it? I say BS with all the Protests about to take off, they are scaremongering. 200 terrorists, I guess that would cover every City.

Or maybe there will be several False Flags attacks at the various Occupy Your City events.

That being said though, I haven't seen it reported on Sky, but then again the Jackson Trial seems to be the main priority for Sky at the moment.
edit on 9/10/11 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
For decades the Torygraph has been the security services' choice for planting stories, based on fact (as in the MPs' expenses scandal, conveniently timed to take the heat off the bankers) or fiction (as in the George Galloway "documents" conveniently found in Baghdad by a TG journo embedded with British soldiers).

Wake up. The 7/7 terrorists were patsies, just like the "19 hijackers" on 9/11.

Or, do like our masters want and be afraid, be very afraid.

Btw, this is not to say that "terrorists" do not exist. Just that most of the time they're working tor the people they think they're attacking.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
In the UK we've had one successful attack since this whole thing started, that means either our security services are way beyond good or the level of threat has been over played to the point of ridicule. I wonder which it is ... nah not really i don't believe a word of it.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hopeforeveryone
In the UK we've had one successful attack since this whole thing started, that means either our security services are way beyond good or the level of threat has been over played to the point of ridicule. I wonder which it is ... nah not really i don't believe a word of it.

That's what I see... I mean 9/11 was major by anyone's measure.... all weve had since then is 7/7....a bus....

Why would you do such a major attack and then sit back and say "cool, we're done now"... surely they would've ramped up the pressure, volume and intensity of the attacks, even the IRA could do better back in the 70's and 80's.

It just doesn't add up for me.

It's just another way they'll sneak in liberty eating laws using the anti-terror excuse.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Mister_Bit

Does make you wonder doesn't it. If some crazy guy like David Copeland manged to detonate three bombs with no military training it does ask the question where are these fundamental extremists and why are they so inept. Maybe they just like fish and chips so they're avoiding us.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Let me guess around Christmas right?? OR!! Maybe dressed up and attacking a shopping centre like EVERY YEAR since 9/11 & 7/7?? It's never happened, think about this... If there was evil terrorists plotting stuff don't you think there would have been more plots foiled? I think more would have actually happened, instead of the underwear bomber, the shoe bomber, the failed car bomb in London... Which leads me to believe the REAL terrorists are incompetent amd are fools. Sure we'll be attacked, but when we do it'll have MI5 written all ever it.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hopeforeveryone
reply to post by Mister_Bit

Does make you wonder doesn't it. If some crazy guy like David Copeland manged to detonate three bombs with no military training it does ask the question where are these fundamental extremists and why are they so inept. Maybe they just like fish and chips so they're avoiding us.

I've also thought this, How are dissident republicans in NI successfully planting and detonating as many bombs as they do on a regular basis compared to Al-Qaida? NI is afterall part of the UK and use the same security forces? Is it that the Security services are focusing too much attention on extreme muslims than issues closer to home. Maybe they are doing a good job, maybe it's all just hype. We will probably never know the truth.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by sekos

Terrorists are already here in the UK we bring them here every day and give there own laws! Give them a home, a car, money and all the tax and medical benefits under the sun. They see what we have been doing in there countries and have more than likely been plotting revenge attacks for a few years now, something big, very big. The news might be full of rubbish about the situation but it IS happening and when it does happen, you will all have the same opinion as me

SEND THEM ALL BACK TO THERE OWN COUNTRY.

I am not a racist but i want to be safe in my own home land

There is a war happening behind our backs here in the UK and also the USA and we just cant see the bigger picture yet

Just wait until the # hits the fan when something BIG happens then you will really open your eyes...

Only last week i was at a bus station and in the station with me was an islamic man with a briefcase... he sat the case down and wondered a few feet away talking in his langauge on the phone, as he got further away from the case i started to PANIC.... i am still alive but it just shows you the effect all this has on people feeling safe.

NOW before i finish my comment i would like to say yes there are many of them born and bred here in our own countries whom have done nothing wrong... they might be brought up to learn to hate us... Kill us. Or they might just be normal human being who do not want any sort of terrorism going on.

But let me say this...

Will you take the chance with them being here?

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Will you take the chance with them being here?

Yes, because I want to l want to live in a country which is defined by freedom, acceptance, and NOT BY FEAR.

There are always going to be people within a country who are unhappy enough to be a danger to everyone else. The UK has a LONG history of internal terrorism, do you become afraid when you hear an Irish accent?

Next story - Government plans to install some kind of internet cut off button..."...or..." DNA samples to be collected from everybody" to keep us safe from the 700 suicide bombers"...and...a majority of people will think that is just fine and dandy.

"Fear makes the wolf bigger than he is."

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Merigold

IT IS JUST NOT THE SAME AS THESE ISLAMIC TERRORISTS, a few years back with the IRA and whatnot then yes maybe to a certain extent but not now definitely not now is it the same. EXTREMIST ISLAM message BASICALLY SAYS islam wants to rule the world. There war is about something totally different and which needs to be sorted out. They are a major threat to all of us.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   

top topics

join