apacheman: phoenix arises from the ashes, thanks to you, ATS

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Hi apacheman, I just thought I'd drop in and say hi and welcome back. I know we've had cross words but I was thinking of you a night or two ago and now you pop up. Coincidence?

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   
What a touching tale.
The tears well in gladness for you and your brother.
Yet again, through all our differences, I am left feeling very proud to be a part of this community... even if I'm ever the quiet one

You guys Rock!!

Apacheman, I'm VERY interested in your gardening project! It must be quite a feeling, after what you guys have endured, to be able to achieve something so productive. I'm sure you're strapped for time, but if not-so-much, why don't you start a thread?

Glad you guys are safe man, keep well now.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Glad that you landed on your feet. Looking forward to the website and seeing your project.Stay safe my friend.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by apacheman

I know the last thread you made was closed by staff.
I say thank you mods for eating lunch first.
edit on 10-10-2011 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Congrats and welcome back! Your project sounds very interesting indeed - it will be great to watch your progress! Happy to see that you're back on your feet! Good luck with everything!

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Garden project aside, what kind of job did you end up acquiring?

Also, how is your brother holding out? If I remember correctly, he is disabled. I'm also curious as to which organizations you applied and they said they were unable to help you. Could you please tell us?

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   

You have missed a few things while you were gone.

For example, GET OUT OF CALIFORNIA NOW!!!!

and

ELEnin will get us soon!

and

Chinese invade TX!

Stay tuned for your next apocalypse.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Great to see that a change in situation, for the good, has come up for you and your brother mate!

May have missed it in your OP, but have you thought about speaking with the property owner, and maybe you guys could start selling stuff from your garden for a little extra income??? If you did mention this, sorry, still getting over the effects of Day Surgery, and the Anaesthetic.

Maybe that could help you and the landowner a little. Remember, there can be some good money in fresh produce. Especially for the health concious, or those that don't like eating processed crap.

Good luck to you and your brother on the fresh start and the little change in fortune. Hope things go well for you 2!!!

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by xxcatlolxx

Thank you for your concern.

My brother is still in the process of recovery. He had major shoulder surgery back in May, and the nomadic period stalled his healing, sadly. He hurts a lot, and is cranky because of it, and there is little I can do to ease his pain. We both must be patient. He is used to pain, though, and suffers it with few complaints, as always. Settling down again will no doubt make things better, but it grieves me to be able to do so little. He is a proud and stubborn man, determined to do as much as he can for himself, and helping him can be problematic at times, trying to find the line between helping too much for his pride and helping too little for his need.

My thanks to you all for your warm welcomes home.

I've come to consider ATS my main intellectual home and one of my main spiritual ones. I truly missed being here during the time away. There is no other place on the planet like it that I've found, and no other group of folks so stimulating and thoughtful.

Thirdeyeofhorus, I agree we've disagreed on things, but in the end we share more important similarities, as do we all of us on ATS: a love of questing for the truth, wherever it leads us, even if it disturbs our comfortable ruts of thought and jars us into seeing different points of view. We may not exactly accept those different points of view, but at least we see them, acknowledge them, think about them, and in doing so we change and adapt our own ways of thought, mostly for the better, I think. We may disagree at times, but you have my respect and thanks.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by TerribleTeam2

Oh, yes...we are planning to start a small business very soon to market some of what I'll be producing, since the size of the garden and its expected productivity should give us far more than what we need for our own use.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by xxcatlolxx

I actually never lost my job, it just didn't pay enough to maintain us where we were once other factors changed: loss of roommates and changed rental terms precluding more. Basically we were forced out so higher rents could be charged.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by apacheman
reply to post by TheLoony

Not in Phoenix, actually, but a small town called Ramona in Southern California, near San Diego.

Not in the town, but some few miles outside in the foothills of the Cuyamaca Mountains.

It's a pretty nice view, and the stars are incredible here. Reminds me of the night skies when I was shrimping in the Gulf of Mexico, far out to sea. Not quite as free from light pollution, but close.

Yippie! It is great to see that ATS members along with your friends and family assisted you and your brother when you needed help. This one true story has made my day. I am literally jumping for joy

It is not often now a days that folks come out or send out their love and support by whatever means available to them. People on average seem to have become so accustomed to the "it's mine" factor that many can't see past their own nose. On any given day, your situation could very well become any one of ours. A lesson well learned on how important it is to help other fellow human beings when they are down. Thank you for sharing all that you have been through.

I'm delighted for you and your brother and hope that the coming days, weeks, months and years finds both of you successful and peaceful. Already, it sounds like you have found some peace with your new home. I'm familar with that area and it is indeed very peaceful and I'm sure you both are very deserving.

Again, may the universe continue to bless your family.

edit on 10/10/11 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I think yours is a good story that all could learn from.
I'm really glad to hear you have a roof over your head now and things seem to be on the up and up now. I remember your original post and I wish I could have helped somehow...but I'm glad you've gotten the help you needed! Next time a situation like this arises, I'm going to donate something, my money, my time, kind words-something.

Thank you for sharing.

Take care, and peace.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I am very happy for you and your brother. This quote seems appropriate... "When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love has always won. There have been tyrants and murderers and for a time they seem invincible but in the end, they always fall - think of it, ALWAYS." ----Mahatma Gandhi

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
by the sound of how self sufficient you are, if there was a different system in place, i'm sure you would've just built you're own little cabin instead of sleeping in a car.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Glad to hear you are back on your feet and where it seems you were meant to be at this time. If you need any help with the website you are creating please let me know I would be happy to help.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
that's a heartfelt thanks and i'm sure appreciated by those who donated. good luck with the emotional road to recovery. although it's too early to reflect, i'd say this was fate playing you a hand you will look back on with much gratitude.

good luck with your new garden - it sound's lovely.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   

apache, thanks, and I share the sentiment. You made me think about some things, and I have to look at some uncomfortable truths. Hope all is well with you and your bro. May we be peaceful friends.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Welcome back!

And glad to see your doing good.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
That is great news Apacheman! You have been missed around here and it's awesome to see that things have worked out for you and your brother.
It sounds like you have found an ideal situation there and I wish you Godspeed in developing your garden and other planned improvements.
I always knew the membership here were caring and generous, it's amazing to see how those qualities have made a real difference in the world.

If you run short on ideas, Permaculture principles may provide a spark or 2.

Glad to see you back and hear of how things have worked out.
No point in looking back, so just keep moving forward.
Thank your landlady for all of us - she's an angel!

Best wishes,
Asktheanimals

new topics
top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join