It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DC museum closed after protest; pepper spray used

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   

DC museum closed after protest; pepper spray used

news.yahoo.com

The National Air and Space Museum in Washington was closed Saturday after anti-war demonstrators swarmed the building to protest a drone exhibit and security guards used pepper spray to repel them, sickening a number of protesters.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
The article states Obama quadrupled the drone strikes since W left. I'm guessing he's thinking if people are demanding end to the wars, he'd better kill while he can.

I'm glad to see more protesting. They're encouraging more to speak out. Sure, the people who could make changes don't listen and wish them harm, but they are inspiration. They show us that we're not just paranoid and imagining our enslavement and destruction.

The group is called Stop the Machine. It would take a nuclear monkey wrench to stop it by force. However, if we just stop being part of the machine, it will stop without its cogs.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 9-10-2011 by gentledissident because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
What were these useful idiots after in the museum? What has the museum got to do with Wall Street, Penn. Ave, Bankers, etc?

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by TreadUpon

I guess America is in a "protest mood." There is so much to protest, while we're at it; Wall Street Corporate corruption and anit-trust, the military industrial complex, regulation of the wrong things and no regulation of necessary things, Federal Reserve, border control and immigration, the rising cost of health care and education, oh, and the weather, everybody complains but nobody does anything about it!

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
That Museum and the other Smithsonian Buildings are property of the American people and for them to enjoy. These morons probably ruined their experience. After they paid to come to DC, providing income to the airline, car rental, tourism employees.
And what, may I ask, will be accomplished by this? Will their crybaby outburst erase the fact of drones' existence? Or will it make normal Americans think less of the protest movement as a whole?
If they want to make an anti-war statement, protest the Pentagon or the corporate military contractors. Not a history museum.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Actually the useful idiot was an idiot who works for American Spectator (right wing rag) he bragged about instigating and taunting police -- a true and mighty idiot but he is the rights idiot.

www.dailykos.com... erec

spectator.org...

edit on 9-10-2011 by spyder550 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by windword

I guess America is in a "protest mood." There is so much to protest, while we're at it; Wall Street Corporate corruption and anit-trust, the military industrial complex, regulation of the wrong things and no regulation of necessary things, Federal Reserve, border control and immigration, the rising cost of health care and education, oh, and the weather, everybody complains but nobody does anything about it!

PLus ce change, Pluse ce meme chose (or something like that:@@

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   

I imagine there is moral outrage over the flippant use of drones, and the military machine in general. The placing of weapons used for war crimes as a public spectacle is the issue. It is akin to making an exhibit on anthrax as a cool future weapon without mentioning the consequence of its use. Wall street is scum, but the genocidal foreign policy should be the real issue of the times. If the people of the US had a moral base we would have revolted long ago. Sadly, we were demoralized so tremendously that today we rival Sodom.
edit on 9-10-2011 by stephinrazin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Why would anyone call people idoits? this what the TPTB want for us to fight amongst ourselves so they win by default. If we are too busy looking for holes in the movement than we aren't supporting them and if the movement weakenes TPTB WINS! It is time to wake up and get in there to make this movement what we need. I am going down to the KC one for a short time next week. I have not gone down yet because I am waiting for it to gain more strength. I wish there was a protest up north. The KC northland always caters to the rich and I am so sick of it. $100 for a shirt! I think not!

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by stephinrazin

I imagine there is moral outrage over the flippant use of drones, and the military machine in general.

If we have to "imagine" what a "protest" is about...aren't we just reaching for straws to justify the "mob"?

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I see none of these "99% ers" have the guts to protest on the whitehouse....

Or anywhere CLOSE to the whitehouse so far...........

"Lets make a change!" "yes but lets not get too close to where we should be, someone might see us"

Seriously...........stop doing it half-assed if youre going to do it

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
You people seem to be overlooking my post about the guy "inciting to riot" if this is just faux outrage the I apologize for interrupting -- carry on.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by spyder550
Actually the useful idiot was an idiot who works for American Spectator (right wing rag) he bragged about instigating and taunting police

Stay classy, capitalists. You're grrrrrrrrreat!

Originally posted by dreamseeker
Why would anyone call people idoits?

TBTB have a vicious fan club. The members get a little upset when their climb to the top is threatened.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

You people seem to be overlooking my post about the guy "inciting to riot" if this is just faux outrage the I apologize for interrupting -- carry on.

After sneaking past the guard at the first entrance, I found myself trapped in a small entranceway outside the second interior door behind a muscle-bound left-wing fanatic and a 300-pound guard. The fanatic shoved the guard and the guard shoved back, hard, sending this comrade -- and, by domino effect, me -- sprawling against the wall. After squeezing myself out from under him, I sprinted toward the door. Then I got hit.

No no ones ignoring you, in the blog itself it says that the "left wing" guy shoved the guard, and above that is also says that they had planned to storm the place anyway, and he just went for journalistic purposes......

I like how you make it sound like it was his idea and his instigation tho........

Nice try

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   

I meant imagine in a slightly dry manner. Obviously it is about the immoral foreign policy that kills hundreds of thousands of innocent people. The hailing of militarism contributes to this nauseating pride in military conquest and power. The "mob" is the few with moral values enough to act in a country of slaves who would rather live comfortably than be moral.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   

I posted your information on the Yahoo news page which is having a great day insulting the hippies.

I just want to make sure everyone knows the incident was cause by a right wing plant from The American Spectator. Patrick Howley, its Assistant Editor, rushed into the museum to cause a scene.

So far I have 0 thumbs up and 8 thumbs down. Here is the 1 reply,

yea...and we r going to die of global warming tomorrow...get a life

I hope this suggests to you that there is a capitalist army who only cares about separating you from your money. I hope this encourages you to drop out and stop feeding the machine.
edit on 9-10-2011 by gentledissident because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by stephinrazin

I meant imagine in a slightly dry manner. Obviously it is about the immoral foreign policy that kills hundreds of thousands of innocent people. The hailing of militarism contributes to this nauseating pride in military conquest and power.
The pride is perpetuated by the spots fan. The military action is actually perpetuated by the greed of the military industrial complex.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by gentledissident

Protesting for protesting sake.
What a failure in logic.
Epic Failure.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
You guys would have been really really uncomfortable in the sixties -- I guess things have changed.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

After sneaking past the guard at the first entrance, I found myself trapped in a small entranceway outside the second interior door behind a muscle-bound left-wing fanatic and a 300-pound guard. The fanatic shoved the guard and the guard shoved back, hard, sending this comrade -- and, by domino effect, me -- sprawling against the wall. After squeezing myself out from under him, I sprinted toward the door. Then I got hit.

No no ones ignoring you, in the blog itself it says that the "left wing" guy shoved the guard, and above that is also says that they had planned to storm the place anyway, and he just went for journalistic purposes......

I like how you make it sound like it was his idea and his instigation tho........

Nice try

My bad the Spectator guy was just swept up by the events -- so sorry for the mistake.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join