It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More state aid for illegals. Why am I not surprised it's California?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
www.cnn.com...

You know given the current economic hardships that many AMERICAN citizens are going through, I can think of better places to spend that 14.5 million in grants. Like helping unemployed legal citizens pay their electric or phone bills. Or heating bills this winter. Maybe using it to create more job training funding for unemployed legal citizens. Or maybe use it to buffer some of the state food programs to citizens.

And on a semi-related note, where is California getting all this money from anyway? Their budget has been running in the red for DECADES.

I can see why.

Take care of Americans first, and if there is anything left over, then we'll consider helping illegal aliens.
edit on 9-10-2011 by Darkrunner because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Darkrunner

Every time I see stories like this I give more support to the idea of splitting that state into two separate entities.

californiaexaminer.net...

That state is a drain on the collective United Sates peoples taxes. No wonder people and businesses are leaving in droves.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
The law allows top students who are on a path to citizenship to apply and receive the state aid, the governor said.reply to post by Darkrunner

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
At first glance it seems like a bad thing; Encouraging and rewarding criminal behavior. But if you look at it a little closer, it may actually be good for the state in the long run.

First of all, it will mostly affect young people, late teens to early 20's. These young illegal immigrants are not here by their own choice, but because of the choices their parents made. A lot of them are very well integrated into society, and consider this country to be their home now. Is it fair to punish them because of the bad decision their parents made? Put yourself in that position and imagine how powerless it might make you feel...

It's far better to encourage them to get a better education so that they contribute more to society, so they will be less likely to turn to crime or depend on social services.
Besides all that, the money being spent on this is a drop in a bucket, 1% of $1.4 billion.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Darkrunner

Just another reason to not live in, nor visit California.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   

please forgive
I have an association problem when I read things

I think this Van load is on the way to Cal Tech to enroll or going to interview with the circus....

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
And now you know why I sold my home and in Palo Alto Ca. years ago, and moved to the Mountains of Georgia.

At least I have a better idea of where my tax dollars are going these days.

edit on 9-10-2011 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Astrithr

Your key phrase here "integrate into society", if only it worked that way. In most cases, it doesn't. I've seen, while I did live in Ca. whole neighborhoods turned into barrios. Like a small border town, disposable diapers and beer cans lining the roads on either side, gunshots on weekends as normal routine.

And, God forbid you have a real emergency and have to go to the ER on a weekend night....it looked like you had walked into a Hispanic free clinic that only came around every 6 months.

To be honest, I got tired of standing in line at the grocery store, to see, what appeared to be a girl not even in her twenties yet, with 4 babies in tow, and another on the way...using food stamps to purchase mountains of candy and junk food while her hubby sifted through his pockets counting out change to pay for his beer.

I know I'll probably get thrashed for this post...but I tell it like I see it.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Astrithr
At first glance it seems like a bad thing; Encouraging and rewarding criminal behavior. But if you look at it a little closer, it may actually be good for the state in the long run.

First of all, it will mostly affect young people, late teens to early 20's. These young illegal immigrants are not here by their own choice, but because of the choices their parents made. A lot of them are very well integrated into society, and consider this country to be their home now. Is it fair to punish them because of the bad decision their parents made? Put yourself in that position and imagine how powerless it might make you feel...

It's far better to encourage them to get a better education so that they contribute more to society, so they will be less likely to turn to crime or depend on social services.
Besides all that, the money being spent on this is a drop in a bucket, 1% of $1.4 billion.

So you think we should reward kids of parents that broke the law? How about instead we deport those kids and their parents. When they become legal immigrants, then we can talk.
I'd rather give that 14.5 mil. to American citizens for job training. At least then, the state will get something out of their investment.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaDreamer
The law allows top students who are on a path to citizenship to apply and receive the state aid, the governor said.reply to post by Darkrunner

The sad fact is top student who ARE legal will be overlooked so they can fill some quota to be equal opportunity. It's all BS and it's never equal opportunity.

Come to this country LEGALLY then get assistance, if not go home!

I see this in Florida too and it is sooooo annoying. I'm tired of being turned down for aid while others with a gaggle of kids from different dads get all the aid money and I get nothing. Why can't i be rewarded for being smart and NOT popping out kids every year? They don't care about college, most just get the money so they can have money for a few months. There needs to be stricter rules on grants period. The people who need it aren't really getting it and the ones who don't need it or don't care are getting it just to put money in their pocket. I see it happen all the time!

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by The Baby Seal Club

I agree. After reading that article initially, my first thought was, that's 14.5 million that could be used to help struggling, unemployed Americans.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I'm sure the Chinese think in exactly the same way as most of you. Why should hard working Chinese people have to fund the gregarious, torrid lifestyles of Americans when that money could be spent on their own people?
edit on 9-10-2011 by Walkers because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Walkers
I'm sure the Chinese think in exactly the same way as most of you. Why should hard working Chinese people have to fund the gregarious, torrid lifestyles of Americans when that money could be spent on their own people?

What are you really saying? You do realize, China is abundantly wealthy off selling their cheap, slave labor products to America. I don't see people flocking over the China border to reap the benefits of a free ride.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
This is just another chapter in the book of ," Reasons to leave California."
I'm done reading that book.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I'm going to start turning off their water and putting a lock on it. Should make them feel right at home.

No mas agua.
edit on 9-10-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Walkers

You need to check yourself. The Chinese are not funding The American People. The Chinese are doing business.
They are not charities and not charitable!!

#1 They are Loaning money to a bunch of Treasonist Govt. Officials who have Sacrificed The American People for their own personal agendas and Whore banker cronies.and The Whore Daughters I call Big Biz Lobbiests'
They are willing to do so because they love us? Hardly. They are collecting plenty of billions in interest and they are in it for the money.

#2They are Selling that cardboard crap here and would fold like a bedsheet if The Us Consumer didn't buy the junk,In which case we have no choice because you can't find anything Made in America even if you wanted to , once again thanks to The Rodents that sent our jobs overseas by allowing their Pardners who Pay them off to set up shop in foreign countries and slave labor the populous there. China included...etc..

The people not Govt. nor Govt officials are the ones that The Constitution was written for and to protect the rights of.. The People.!! The People !! I love children but I am worried about Joes family down the street more than I am Jose's who don't live here legally....

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by CherubBaby
reply to post by Walkers

You need to check yourself. The Chinese are not funding The American People. The Chinese are doing business.
They are not charities and not charitable!!

#1 They are Loaning money to a bunch of Treasonist Govt. Officials who have Sacrificed The American People for their own personal agendas and Whore banker cronies.and The Whore Daughters I call Big Biz Lobbiests'
They are willing to do so because they love us? Hardly. They are collecting plenty of billions in interest and they are in it for the money.

#2They are Selling that cardboard crap here and would fold like a bedsheet if The Us Consumer didn't buy the junk,In which case we have no choice because you can't find anything Made in America even if you wanted to , once again thanks to The Rodents that sent our jobs overseas by allowing their Pardners who Pay them off to set up shop in foreign countries and slave labor the populous there. China included...etc..

The people not Govt. nor Govt officials are the ones that The Constitution was written for and to protect the rights of.. The People.!! The People !! I love children but I am worried about Joes family down the street more than I am Jose's who don't live here legally....

Time to face reality buddy, it's the Chinese loans keeping your nation afloat. Soon, they're gonna want their money back.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

What are you really saying? You do realize, China is abundantly wealthy off selling their cheap, slave labor products to America. I don't see people flocking over the China border to reap the benefits of a free ride.

What I'm really saying, is why should the Chinese taxpayer have to watch their tax money going on loans to keep your nation afloat?

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Walkers

My Nation??? Why dont you worry about YOUR NATION, whatever Nation you come from and Let The American People worry about American Business.. And where did y6ou get your inside info about who and when "They Are Gonna Want Their Money Back" Like do you know of a time in history that America didnt pay its debts? Provide a link plz ..Gotta love those who ridicule and couch quarter back The Most Generous People on Earth..
edit on 9-10-2011 by CherubBaby because: typo and one line

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

What I'm really saying, is why should the Chinese taxpayer have to watch their tax money going on loans to keep your nation afloat?

Bwahahahahahahahahhahahahahhaaaaa....as if...as if the Chinese people had any say in what their Gov't does....

You are funny in your defense of the people of China...considering they are not the topic of this thread.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join