It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it time to OCCUPY the MSM ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
The media is responsible for the idiot we have in the White House. Had they done proper investigative journalism on him he would not have had a ghost of a chance of getting elected.

He could not have survived the kind of microscope turned on his life that is normal for someone aspiring to the highest office in the land.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by DavidsHope

I have just watched RT Weekly News and they are openly exposing the distortion methods of MSM and The Radio Stations, the astronomical profits the TV Channels are making ie 46% profit from Political Broadcasting Alone and how both main political parties have UP TILL NOW spent 3 BILLION of your dollars on Air Time.
The FCC have changed all the rules so that they control all the Radio Stations and any 'Petition to Deny' Licences are totally ignored - Not One Licence has been denied since 1996 and though Emergency Announcement Systems were violated by the main stations ie., none announcement in dangerous sits - they still retained their licence and have even been granted an extra six licences - of course they will need to tow the party line and this is backed and endorsed by both Dems and Rebubs.

IF YOU HAVE MONEY YOU CAN BUY FREEDOM OF SPEECH - OOPS I meant if you have control of the public purse .
They use your money to fool you by feeding you what ever they want you to know and denying you what they don't want you to know.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
for crying outloud people

what do you think ows is doing?

how many of those evil news corporations have stocks based at wall street

think people think

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by DavidsHope

I agree hurting them in the pockets is a good way to go, but when they own everything from the ground up how do you boycott everything ?

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by robomont

It would be a wiser, more effective move than occupying Wall Street, certainly.

If their own studios and offices were physically occupied, they'd have no choice but to acknowledge the protests.

If the airwaves were somehow 'hacked', and the right messages briefly, but regularly delivered live on air to hundreds of millions of people, during prime time news or entertainment programming, and delivered in the protesters OWN words, i think it would be a far more effective tool for waking the people up and lifting the veil on unreported issues or issues that are reported, but are severely biased and basically lies.

I assume this is illegal, so i don't or would not advise anyone or any group who may like to remain 'anonymous' that have the relevant skills to actually accomplish something like 'hacking' the live broadcasts being piped straight into the satellites and down the cables.

Again, this is probably illegal and could wind up being a very serious issue for those involved, so i do not advise anyone to attempt it.
If they did though, and were successful, it would have a far greater impact than the Wall Street Protests i feel.

And probably be more entertaining than the usual rubbish on the news.

edit on 9/10/2011 by spikey because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
If people were to occupy the MSM like is currently occuring around the country, how would they do it? Would they go to state-level news agencies, or would they only go to the big ones that are on national TV? Would they go camp out in front of Bill O Reilly's house and yell at him? (I'd be down for that)

The mainstream media networks are propaganda factories, I wouldn't be against protesting them.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I got news for you.
It has already happened.
Occupy MSM.

8000 people have joined already.

Since the 1990, concentration in mainstream media has accelerated with alarming rates, putting corporate interests above those of the people, stifling freedom of expression and threatening the democratic process. What happened to Media Diversity? What happened to Freedom of the Press? And what happened to the Marketplace of Ideas? Since Bagdikian published his classic book 'Media Monopoly' in ...See More Mission If you care about democracy, human diversity and freedom of choice, help us: 1. Uncover and map media concentration in USA, Europe, Asia and elsewhere. 2. Make linkages between board members, corporate interests, the media and even politicians. 3. Monitor media bias and unprofessional practices . 4. Shame Media’s ‘uncitizenly’ behavior (not acting on behalf of Citizens as a true watchdog on money, power and politics). 5. Roll back this process and empower Citizen Democracy. Join us! & Occupy Mainstream Media!

www.facebook.com...
edit on 10-10-2011 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Who needs MSM. Independant cameras are turned on just have a look. occupy.evokerecords.com... No commercial breaks, no scripted spin. We don't need MSM. The world is watching without them.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by X factor
Who needs MSM. Independant cameras are turned on just have a look. occupy.evokerecords.com... No commercial breaks, no scripted spin. We don't need MSM. The world is watching without them.

That is why we are protesting MSM.
Fully aware of all the other sources of info.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Lets just occupy it all. Every city, every news station, every company, just everything. Or we can just go to the source and occupy DC.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Ever heard the phrase "All Roads Lead To Rome"? Well, Rome is Wall Street!

He who controls the purse controls the outcome. Media and Politicians both answer to them.

Take out the central head the body withers, collapses and dies!

They use their role as financiers to threaten, intimidate, harass with threats of economic crash, ruin, death threats and more then have the economic leverage capability to tell all of these companies who to hire, what to report on, what not to report on, what to slant, Notice how the commercials are dominated by energy, finance, politics, media, pharma, telecom, entertainment? That is their central core archstructure. The supreme collective are all the dominant families and groups of each.

Taken from The American hair metal quintet Queensryche's 1987 song from the legendary "Operation:Mindcrime" (which btw should be in every single person's record collection even if you aren't a fan of the genre, listen to the story, it's spot on to a 99.5% degree of certainty) "Speak"

"The rich control the government, the media, the law" Words we should've been listening to but couldn't be bothered that is now happening as this core item has caused every single thing wrong with this nation that's occurred in the last century!
edit on 10-10-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Bill O'Reilly will not agree with you

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
best way in my opinion to accuracy the MSM would be to wait for the Olympics, when there are news crews around the world, and have some elite hackers take control on their broadcast all at once, then expose the MSM lies, with this being broadcasted everywhere, its bound at least 1 news agency won't be able to flip the killswitch on it.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
It would be very easy to get their attention and make a point. They all have antenna's on their roofs. A good marksman need only hit it and take them offline. Maybe then they'll get the point. Either report unbiased, or else lose money. Simple.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join