It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Correlation between OWS and Anonymous?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Is it possible?

Does anyone remember those videos a while back where they said that phase two of their plan would start sometime around now? Just a interesting thought I had. Perhaps I'm over stretching. lol

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by drew1749

Never heard of OWS, please enlighten me.

EDA: ahhh right OWS;Occupy Wall Street. Still getting used to these abbreviatons.

They might have helped publicising it, but if anon is a CIA op like so many seem to believe then I highly doubt it. WOuld be intersting if you could find a link though

edit on 9-10-2011 by Dionisius because: Edit to add

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Do you know the names of everybody, or anybody, that are currently camping out on Wall Street?

If not, then at the moment: Yes, they are anonymous.

It is a ^*$%#@&n word. It is not an invisible superhero.
It is a word that is often used as a protective barrier to hide behind.
Nonetheless, it continues to be a word, and nothing more.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
In that vein, "Occupy", "Wall", and "Street" are also just words. "Nothing more".

And so are all the words in the previous post.

Adbusters started it, Anonymous picked up on it and promoted it.

en.wikipedia.org...

Now several groups and individuals are capitalizing on it for their own agendas and self promotion.
But, yes, it is far from being anything spontaneous or organic. Not that the anger and resentment arent coming from somewhere real.
edit on 9-10-2011 by radosta because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   

I think whatever Op they were planning for the 10th has been Aborted
due to infiltration .... at least that is the vids message ....

found this while looking for the original

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Dionisius

Come on, anon is, or started out as, a group of mostly young males. You could say theyve been growing and maturing over the years. Didnt it all begin on 4chann? The CIA is not anon, but, because anyone can be apart of anon that obviously leaves the door open for whoever to do negative things in anon's name. It's a double edged sword.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Okay firstly. No I'm not talking about the attack on the NYSE. I was talking about the videos that surfaced earlier this year. Saying that they had a three part plan.

To those saying Anon is a cia operation...no it isn't. It started out on 4chan.

Anyways I was just wondering. This is the plan I was talking about.

edit on 10/9/2011 by drew1749 because: (no reason given)

edit: In the video they say that phase two starts in five months. Five months later Occupy Wallstreet started.

It could be a coincidence but still.
edit on 10/9/2011 by drew1749 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
cosidering the accomplishments of annoymous they have to have serious backing and millions in computer hardware if people are sitting there and thinking its a bunch of script kiddies sitting in their mommas basements think agian.

in my opinion is a joint op between the dnc and soros and many other left wing organizations using them as a means to an end.

break the only thing holding up this country follow the money and you will see how far that rabbit hole goes.

cia? not so much the only psy op going on is by americans so that they can gain more power.

create a crisis take advantage of it under the guise of doing goodness and joy.

never let a crisis goto waste.

feel free to disagree your free to.

edit on 9-10-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Swills

now then, the way you explained that makes it allot clearer for people like me to understand. It felt like ATS has been bombarded with posts and threads about anon being a CIA op and I guess I got dragged along in the hype, thanks for clearing that one up for me

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
They made threats, but due to leadership issues, i think its dead now.

And yes there are "leaders" in Anonymous. Sure anonymous is supposed to be everyone yada ya, but if you actually go into the irc chat rooms you will find certain people are praised, these are usually the more skilled real hackers, such as lulsecs Sabu, who has been missing now, mainly because the members felt he was using them to accomplish his goals.

The leadership is now all scewed because the highups felt like they were overrun by idiots.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I thought OWS was started by anonymous.......?? Was it not? There were videos about it months ago.

new topics

top topics

join