It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Killer Sharks Invade Golf Course In Oz

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Now this is the only thing that would get me back on a golf course. And there is no way those lost ball's will be recovered any time soon.news.sky.com...

Members of a golf club in Australia have something more to worry about than just their swing - playing on what's thought to be the world's first shark-infested course.Killer Sharks Invade Golf Course In Oz

Jonathan Samuels, Australia correspondent
Members of a golf club in Australia have something more to worry about than just their swing - playing on what's thought to be the world's first shark-infested course.

Water hazards are a challenge for anyone who plays golf, but on the 14th tee at the Carbrook Golf Club in Brisbane there is another reason to be concerned.

Half a dozen man-eating bullsharks live in the lake in the centre of the course where their fins poking through the water have become a regular sight.

The sharks got onto the Queensland golf course when it flooded some years ago after a river broke its banks.

edit on 9-10-2011 by tarifa37 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   
bull sharks are everywhere..
they just had the big floods over there so no doubt many more would have become land locked!

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   
one could notch up a pretty decent handicap after a visit to that course......sorry couldnt help myself!!

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   
We've swum with bull sharks, they swam right past us. They haven't killed us.
Media sensationalism.
The crocs and roos are just as much of a nuisance when playing golf in northern Queensland.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by zenius
We've swum with bull sharks, they swam right past us. They haven't killed us.
Media sensationalism.
The crocs and roos are just as much of a nuisance when playing golf in northern Queensland.

your right, the media always spreads the fear about sharks for no reason
its genreally when they become landlocked like this that they get seriously aggresive because theres small amounts of food avaliable.
ive caught small bull sharks (released them alive) and they didnt seem so bad when you had them on land but they put up a good fight on the end of a hook.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by zenius

A guy was taken by a bull shark at Tugan on the Gold coast I think. He was just swimming across near the sand bar getting from one side to another and it's a short swim.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by steveknows

Found a link with Gold Coast shark attacks, and granted there are a couple of fatal attacks supposedly from Bull sharks..but when looking at the source of the infomation, in both instances it is reported in Northern Territory newspapers, not local ones. And always ask the question - how was the shark identified?

GC shark attacks
edit on 9-10-2011 by zenius because: link

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   
That's a funny story op.
Our local golf course has ducks....lame as

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by weirdguy

It would be great to fish there when you get bored of playing golf.Now that would liven the game up some.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

Just when I thought I'd heard it all, well along comes this great fish story. How far from the ocean is the course? S&F for teaching me something I'd never considered before.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I wonder if the sharks went to their favorite website and typed "Crazy Humans Build Golf Course Around Shark Waters"

Imagine if every time it flooded the sharks would naturally migrate along certain paths that are now cut off to them due to the building of the golf course.

Maybe their headline would read "Invading Humans Claim Our Waters Once Again"

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by aboutface

Its not close to the ocean but the golf course is right beside the Logan River which is teeming with bullsharks. There are a hell of a lot in that river too. Quite annoying fishing down there for jew fish and constantly pulling up bullsharks. Taste pretty good though.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Sharks travel up freshwater rivers? I sure hope we don't have any in the Fraser river here in BC.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
Sharks travel up freshwater rivers? I sure hope we don't have any in the Fraser river here in BC.

you more then likely do..bull sharks are very adaptable and are known to be in rivers all through america and the world.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by ShortMemory

I have heard that. Between nasty brain eating amoebas and bull sharks, I am happily persuaded to keep my swimming confined to pools, and even with those, I look before I leap. I am not sure why there are some comments implying golf is boring. I think it may only be boring if you are average to really good at it. If you are as bad as I am, it is never boring. There is nothing more exciting than hitting that ball as hard as you can and having it go up and backwards or sideways and watching everyone scramble for cover!

new topics

top topics

join