It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Revolutionary Spirit

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   
I have a question for all members of ATS.

Have you ever felt within your hearts the powerful explosion of emotion that is rivaled only by the supernova of a star just before it realizes its evolution into a permanent fixation of celestial wonder?

Has it been invoked by a message handed to you through the phenomenon of coincidence or chance?

Perhaps the message has been a movie, a song, a speech, a documentary, words from a stranger?

Was the resulting realization that you received, the realization of your place in time and space that is, one of love or vengence?

Tell me: was it politically motivated, or did it come to you through any of the other indefinite possibilities of thought that only the human condition could provide you with?

Is this realization only exclusive to how you would wish to change the situation that exists on a level higher than yourself; on a level that could only be realized by the collective like-minded intuition of yourself among many others, as one?

Have you ever felt this sensation, this existential solution as it may be, more now than the last time that it occured to you?

Is this feeling only something to consider as you carry on with your status-quo life, or is it something fundamental within you that you choose to believe in?

Something to ponder.
edit on 9-10-2011 by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   
I have many feelings about revolution, but since I am a minority it basically doesn't matter because the people that run the U.S. look down upon my people. I am Native American/Hispanic, no one will really know unless you have been through the harsh times here in the states. I've done my time living through hell growing up here on the West Coast. Obviously I am a person of peace, and no matter what I've been through I don't expect others to experience it. It is a shame though how people do forget where they came from, and the media now days are taking a toll on that...

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by KonquestAbySS
I have many feelings about revolution, but since I am a minority it basically doesn't matter because the people that run the U.S. look down upon my people. I am Native American/Hispanic, no one will really know unless you have been through the harsh times here in the states. I've done my time living through hell growing up here on the West Coast. Obviously I am a person of peace, and no matter what I've been through I don't expect others to experience it. It is a shame though how people do forget where they came from, and the media now days are taking a toll on that...

To me, it seems like anyone who is conscious of politics, history, or human interaction in general has aspirations for social progression.

The only problem is that everyone is divided with their ideas. This is probably due to the modern reality of globalization, which has allowed various cultures to mingle into each other. Some national multicultural projects have resulted in a ground situation where people become easily distracted by the cultural differences between them and their neighbors. I suppose this works well for the powers that be, who appear to just float above public opinion.

Lately we have seen many demostrations in western countries over pathetic economic choices made by our governments, which really only benefit the rich. This same scenerio has occured in the past in imperialist countries where it was always the peasants that got the crap end of the stick. They rallied together in populist movements with the collectedly held view that the economic elite were responsible for their low quality of life and degradation of liberty.

In my opinion, all nations change via revolutions over time; it is natural since over time, all governments turn arrogant when trying to maintain the ideals that they've established while trying not to let go of them to more modern and progressive views.

Thus, I see time as the major factor for revolution. How can one deny detrimental changes in the way of life around you if you've experienced better times in the past?
edit on 9-10-2011 by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   
That's what it basically boils down to is Governments making decisions for the people...I don't have much money therefore my view doesn't matter. Basically yes Governments are becoming greedy, and they are veering away from our actual beliefs... I am sure it goes on in other countries as well, but yes the U.S. needs a serious face lift after this 2012 election....

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Well I wouldn't call it a sensation. Just an Idea and hope for the best for humanity. I just want to help shape a world that is based on freedom and prosperity for all. To one day see a world or pass on the staring foundations of a world where no one is longer oppressed. A world where trade and prosperity is exchanged and world peace achieved through it. And through this system the exchange of ideals and beliefs are common and move us forward as a whole and as individuals. Where honesty and integrity are a common trait.

We all want a better world(At least I hope we all do) just different conclusions on how to get there.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

I feel it everyday...i feel like i have to do something about it, but i cant just walk out of the house with a picket sign and expect people to join my cause, i have to get my ideas down, all my observations, all my solutions, but when i begin to write it down, it becomes jumbled up, nothing is in order...

One thing i feel we all need to realize, especially the OWS people, is that there is no such thing as a peaceful revolution...if we want anything to change in this world, people will have to die, be it the freedom fighters, big bankers, or the feds, people will have to die if we want to accomplish a single thing. Dont get me wrong, i agree with the OWS people, and everyone else who's occupying their areas, but the peaceful, sitting around thing is not working, nor will it ever work. Call me a terrorist if you like, but if we want the media, and the government to take us seriously, we need to raise hell, not go rioting wildly through the streets, but storm the whitehouse, the capital building, and the pentagon, guns in hand, demanding change.

The army cant do a damn thing to stop the masses if we all throw ourselves at them, hell, i bet half the army, more than half would join the ranks of the rebels, you know, the ones who arent idiotic, patriotic rednecks...no offense to the rednecks though, just the entirely stupid ones. Once the masses wake up, if they ever do, the government wont be able to hold us back...

What im calling for is not a civil war, but a revolution, a total, world wide revolution, when its all over, there will be no more America, no more countries, just one planet, one people.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by 8fl0z

You're right, peaceful protest doesn't achieve anything when the government is disconnected from the majority.

MLK promoted "affirmative action" because he knew this. He knew that nothing would change if people would protest the legal way: apply for a permit, carry some signs, stand on the correct side of the line, etc etc.

What I find most interesting is modern day riots in Western countries. For instance, the Vancouver riot months ago. The media, police and government all jumped on the same ship in labelling the rioters as out of their minds/drunk/out to pick a fight and cause trouble/dangerous. Then the powers that be organized an extensive arrest program afterwards to hunt down people involved, which ultimately resulted in complete failure with no arrests (yay for democracy!).

Further, there were the G20 riots in Toronto. Basically, it started off with an overexcessive security budget meant to keep the common people away from the elite meeting. When a few protesters showed up, the police turned aggressive and they purposefully escalated the situation. Then the anarchists (Black Block) showed up to protest the police forces, to which the police infiltrated the BB just to incite the riot.

I remember watching the G20 riots on Canadian nation news. Specifically, I remember some police chief telling the reported that the rioters were "domestic terrorists" and needed to be dealt with for the good of the community. The same was pretty much said by authorities for the Vancouver riots.

The problem here is that the rioters were not "domestic terrorists"; they WERE members of the community. The police said that the BB flew in from around the country just to meet up and riot for TV crews. Considering how large Canada is with such a diluted population, their efforts to organize and protest only prove that there is a considerable resistance movement in Canada that is morally against the direction made for us by Harper.

Because of situations like this loaded with obvious propaganda, I can't help but sigh in disbelief at those ignorant enough to cry about protesters in Libya/Iran/Syria. Western media promotes this image of poor, defenseless and innocent protesters that need our military assistance halfway around the world WHILE downplaying Western protests as nothing more than violent political minorities that need to be suppressed for the good of the community.

It almost seems to me that when people divert their attention away from the problems at home to the problems in somebody else's home, they are engaging some kind of psychological defense mechanism to give them a false sense of security. The fact that it is the media, police and government making these mental decisions for the whole of the community is scary, but the fact that the community allows them to do it is even scarier.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
By the way,

top topics

join