It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do you love George Bush?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by CazMedia
Keep asking questions Muppet and be objective when looking at the answers given
so what do you think of answers people have given to your questions?

It depends what you mean.

From an accademic point of view, jsobecky's and dr_strangecraft's posts in particular helped me understand some of the key motivations for supporting Bush. One of the problems with opinion polls and poltical speeches is they tend to mix all the motivations up into one, making it had to figure out which aspects of a conditates position are seen as important to the vote :- jsobecky's mention of a particular educational program for instance, or Bush's domestic energy policy, or his strength of conviction.

Let's face it, it's not all black and white. Some people vote for economic reasons, some for ethical reasons... some are optimists, some are pessimists, some believe one thing to be the truth, some believe something else...... I guess I was just trying to get a clearer picture with this thread by stripping away some of the negativity.

From a personal point of view... well I'd consider myself a moderate conservative I guess in the British sense of the word, so I understand the conservative position.. although US conservatism is a long way to the right of it's UK namesakes, if indeed it's even possible to measure it that way...the UK is just such a different environment to the US.

Also, I'm not really in any position to give fair comment on most of the US internal issues, since I've only visited you country for short periods I've only seen the surface.

It's the foreign policy side I see and object to. Overriding the UN, misleading the world on WMD, snubbing allies. The Leader of the Conservative Party, Michael Howard, is persona-non-gratis in the White House, according to recent reports...

Now OK, I wouldn't let Michael Howard into my house either, but for the White House to openly snub the man who could very well be Prime Minister within an year..... it certainly makes me wonder what exactly is going on over there..

[edit on 4/9/04 by muppet]

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join