It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police to Seattle protest supporters: Honk if you'd like a ticket

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Everyone who gets a ticket shows up in court and fights it tooth and nail, thus costing the pigs and scumbag prosecutors time and money and aggravation. Then write letters to the papers locally demanding that court resources be used for REAL crimes and not to provide a way for the black hearted cop filth to stymie protest.

This nation had better wake up....the cops are the enemy, and we must take direct action to fight them....in court if possible, in the streets if need be. Cops are 99% scum....sure, there are 1% that act human, but they are the exception. Never plead guilty!!

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by richierich
Everyone who gets a ticket shows up in court and fights it tooth and nail, thus costing the pigs and scumbag prosecutors time and money and aggravation. Then write letters to the papers locally demanding that court resources be used for REAL crimes and not to provide a way for the black hearted cop filth to stymie protest.

This nation had better wake up....the cops are the enemy, and we must take direct action to fight them....in court if possible, in the streets if need be. Cops are 99% scum....sure, there are 1% that act human, but they are the exception. Never plead guilty!!

Well, I agree for the most part of your post, but I can not say
that ALL cops are the enemy..

But sometimes the whole barrel is spoiled, it starts with one or two, then spreads like a virus....

Is the Seattle police departments barrel of cops all spoiled???

I'm leaning to a maybe....

One more outlandish action from these cops, and I will not be able
to say a damn good thing about them......
edit on 9-10-2011 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by popsmayhem

I live in downtown Seattle....and there is a noise ordinance law....that goes into effect at 10:00 PM......the police did not start to give tickets until 11:00 PM....so they did give everyone a 1 hour grace period.

I personally wish that the police had just let this one go....and not give out tickets.....

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Safe to say the police and goverment dont know how to stop
peaceful protests.

Trying to keep a blackout on msm failed.

portraying everyone a hippy anti-american communist failed

Anti ows news reports on msm failed

So that means a new strategy to stop civil disobedience and make
us all go home be quiet like a bit of provercation here and there mixed
with pepperspray off camra to get one or two hot heads to kick off.
And make the police look like heros saving us from the mob,

Just think if it was up to the BBC ITV and other uk news networks dont
think i would have seen anything about ows except a token report.

So everyone be thankful for ATS and other sites or we would be all
in the dark on this,

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea

I live in downtown Seattle....and there is a noise ordinance law....that goes into effect at 10:00 PM......the police did not start to give tickets until 11:00 PM....so they did give everyone a 1 hour grace period.

I personally wish that the police had just let this one go....and not give out tickets.....

Oh ok thank you for informing
I guess, *sleepless in Seattle*
must be a horrible stereo type they are trying to shake!!!

So do you believe the Seattle cops are very good as a whole?

A spoiled bunch?

In the middle?

How do you and people you know perceive them??

Ever been ticketed for honking?

What if your honking at say someone running out in the middle of the road,
Or honking at someone who is not paying attention that is about to hit you after 10:00pm?
STILL GET A TICKET?

While the ordinance may be there, they are ENFORCING it to harass people (imo).

They do not call it *sleepless in Seattle for nothing*...

I agree with you, very uncalled for..

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alchemst7
YOu know whats funny, here in Califonia you have to pay $300 for running a stop sign but its only a $100 fine for having marijuana in your possession. Whats up with that? Sorry off subject had to vent what I experienced in court

Why does that strike you as odd? Running a stop sign is far more dangerous than marijuana. Nobody has ever died from marijuana, but many, many people have been killed and maimed from running stop signs...while smoking pot, er, wait...lol

Back on topic...This is just one more action that will finally push us to STOP THE MADNESS!!! I am soooo looking forward to the revolution. I can't wait to tell my grandkids how my generation took our country back from the banksters, the politician-minions, and the police gangs.
edit on 9-10-2011 by DragonTattooz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by DragonTattooz

*crosses fingers*

We will see what happens, I know my grandparents talked about
how they got us out of vietnam because of the non-stop protesting..

I think that is what we need!!

A totally ANTI-WAR PROTEST STARTED LIKE WITH VIETNAM!!!!

Wall street is important BUT NOT as important as ENDING THESE WARS!!!!!!!

WE NEED TO END THESE WARS FIRST!!!!

MY BEST FRIENDS DAD HAS NO SON NOW BECAUSE OF THESE STUPID F'ING WARS!!

AND I HAVE NO BEST FRIEND!!!

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem

*crosses fingers*

We will see what happens, I know my grandparents talked about
how they got us out of vietnam because of the non-stop protesting..

I think that is what we need!!

A totally ANTI-WAR PROTEST STARTED LIKE WITH VIETNAM!!!!

Wall street is important BUT NOT as important as ENDING THESE WARS!!!!!!!

WE NEED TO END THESE WARS FIRST!!!!

MY BEST FRIENDS DAD HAS NO SON NOW BECAUSE OF THESE STUPID F'ING WARS!!

AND I HAVE NO BEST FRIEND!!!

And my son just got to Afghanistan last week. He is there for 9 months. Believe me, nobody wants these illegal wars to end TODAY more than I do. I am sorry for your loss.

Sorry, off topic...

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
dmv.ca.gov... from ca but i wouldn't be surprised if other states had simaler laws on the books so i think they are using dmv regs and whatnot to issue the tickets(not defending it at all just trying to clarify)for this"" Do not honk your horn unless it is a safety warning to avoid a collision."" from source so that is most likely how they will justify this in court

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by DragonTattooz

And my son just got to Afghanistan last week. He is there for 9 months. Believe me, nobody wants these illegal wars to end TODAY more than I do. I am sorry for your loss.

Sorry, off topic.

Lets start a ANTI-WAR PROTEST IT IS MORE IMPORTANT!!!!!!

Wall-street can be fought next!!!!!!

WE NEED TO FIGHT THE WARS NOW WITH PROTEST!!!!!!!!

Yes people are loosing MONEY over wall steert

they are NOT loosing lives like WAR IS!!!

THAT IS FACT!!

FIGHT THE WARS

FIGHT THE WARS

FIGHT THE WARS!!!

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   

well wether they were handing them out rightfully or wrongfully, i reckon things like this just give people more reason to join the protests, because they are sick of being fleeced in every way possible.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by lifeform11

well wether they were handing them out rightfully or wrongfully, i reckon things like this just give people more reason to join the protests, because they are sick of being fleeced in every way possible.

WELL START ANTI-WAR PROTEST!!!!

You want change!!!!

CHANGE THE WARS

MY FRIEND DID NOT DIE IN VAIN!!

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by KilrathiLG
dmv.ca.gov... from ca but i wouldn't be surprised if other states had simaler laws on the books so i think they are using dmv regs and whatnot to issue the tickets(not defending it at all just trying to clarify)for this"" Do not honk your horn unless it is a safety warning to avoid a collision."" from source so that is most likely how they will justify this in court

When interpreting these things there are two concepts- the letter of the law and the spirit of the law. Obviously, this law was written so that people don't go around honking their horns (actually, as I wrote this, it occurred to me that it was probably written by a politician who was protested against and he said "I'll show those peons with their stupid horns"...but I digress)...anyway...Honking your horn to show support is almost...argh, I can't think of the word...it's something that has just become synonymous with supporting something. "Honk if You're Horny" "Honk if you Support this-or-that".

Sometimes bad laws are written and they should be eliminated or modified. In this instance, I think a case could be made to modify the law.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

I hope he makes it back home safe. My thoughts are with you and your boy. Good luck to you both.

I had 3 of my pool tournament buddies pass away out there.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
This is just ridiculous. Not right at all. In my mind, I would consider this free speech.

Honking in order to show your support? Yes, that is free speech. They need to fight this in court. There is no law against honking your horn and besides, how do they know they were not honking because they thought some one was about to walk in front of their car or what have you?

Fight these tickets! They violate free speech and are unconstitutional as it is....

There is no law against honking your horn.

Shame on Seattle Police for pulling such an insane stunt!

Let me guess, they are going to claim it is disturbing the peace? BS!

So, if you are driving at night and some one is about to hit you, you can't honk to warm them? Hmm... Some how I don't think that is what this is all about.

Screw these cops giving these tickets! Way to violate peoples right to free speech, jerks.

If they think this is helping to stop or slow the movement, they are wrong. It is only fanning the flames....

Showing support for the protesters by honking is free speech and every one of these tickets needs to be thrown out and quite frankly, the cops who gave these tickets need to be in trouble for violating peoples right to free speech.
edit on 9-10-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by DragonTattooz

Sorry, off topic...

IT IS NOT off-topic!!

Lets change this occupy wall-street to a

ANTI-WAR/STOP the war only protest like they did in the 60's and 70's
AND WON!!!

LETS stop the wars first!!!!

If everyone protested against the wars
then how the hell could Seattle police be against us?

There sons, daughters, friends/ family member are there too!!!

This is the tip of the ice berg!!

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem
That is right.

If you are in Seattle and drive by the protesters
and honk your horn, YOUR GETTING A $144.00 ticket!!

What is next from these DRACONIAN pigs!
Get hit with a knight stick for waving at the crowd?
It is really great to hear about the protesters and how
they formed a blockade around the TAXI, gave him money to help pay for the ticket, and encouraged him to fight it in court!

This is getting to a breaking point..

having lived in Seattle during the "battle for Seattle" (our g8 protests that happened there) and through the mardi gras riot where the police did nothing to help a man getting beaten to death by a group of thugs while the cops just stood there and watched while the captains of the force ordered the rank and file to do nothing to help the poor man, why does this surprise anybody? the police force there cares nothing for anything but themselves. i LOVE that city! the people are accepting of a great many things. the cops are another story entirely... the whole upper ranks of the force should be put on trial...

I think it is crazy to start handing out tickets for honking in support of the occupy protesters..

Would they give tickets to people if they were honking for upping police pay wages? NAAAAH

www.seattlepi.com...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
While I am not from Seattle, all I can do is post my opinions and sugestions, if the police wants to ticket those that shows solidarity with the protestors the next best thing to do is move part of the protest to include the police departments in the city, that will show the police that if your department is "getting funds" from private interest or "donations" you all as crocked as the private interest involved, perhaps the ticketing is been enforced more because some private interest asking for the favors.

People should check what is been donated to the police department and by whom.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Expat888

You are misinformed. This country is losing its freedom, but we still have more than China, even if not by much. Don't just throw off the cuff remarks and comparisons before doing some research. Corrupt communism is worse than corrupt capitalism, although both are absolutely terrible. We need real capitalism, something we haven't had since 1913 and the creation of the PRIVATE Federal Reserve central banking system and her 6 mega banks.

Here are some facts.
chinaview.wordpress.com...
www.christusrex.org...

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Good. Don't bother me with your activism by creating gobs of unnecessary noises with your vehicles horn.
I applaud the police for standing up for others rights to a little peace and quiet from time to time.

You want to protest? Do it peacefully. Or suffer the consequences.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join