It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LA Fireballs,Streaking Reported Across Sky- Draconid Meteor Shower, or something bigger? TX LV SD AZ

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   

i know there was the Draconid meteor show tonite but these vids are from earlier in the week.

did anyone see anything other than the usual shooting stars?

edit on 9-10-2011 by ignant because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by ignant

First video is from 2009.

www.youtube.com...

As much as you want it to be more, it's not.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
thanks, no way of telling as it was just uploaded.

quoting the new sightings verbatim:

"A brilliant bright light that dazzled the night skies across the Southwest from Phoenix to Los Angeles was probably an asteroid, a NASA scientist said Thursday.

NASA scientist Don Yeomans, who manages the space agency's Near Earth Object Program, believes the fireball was most likely a "near-Earth asteroid."

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
I am in Fresno Ca,,, I have been outside most the night and I tend to look up tonight especially since the draconoid shower.... EVEN though us here in the united states was not suppose to see anything

and of course I didn't see anything

but this story is interesting I hope more comes out

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by ignant

whilst I am open minded about so called planet x, if a large cometary body was in earths vicinity, one of its signs might be fireballs in the sky. This from the fact that comets often have hydrocarbons in their tails, and these according to Jim Maccaney help explain the deep lakes of oil in the earths sediments.
It would be interesting to get some signature from these fireballs that show them to be or not be from hydrocarbons.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by ignant

bolide [ˈbəʊlaɪd -lɪd]
n
(Astronomy) a large exceptionally bright meteor that often explodes Also called fireball
[from French, from bolis missile; see ballista]

They're uncommon compared to the standard 'shooting star', but, it's just another meteor, though spectacular and quite pretty. Nothing to be alarmed about. I see them all the time, at least once a week, averaging two or three standard 'shooting stars' a night on any every day average night; more during annual meteor showers.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by nutzmctaffy
I am in Fresno Ca,,, I have been outside most the night and I tend to look up tonight especially since the draconoid shower.... EVEN though us here in the united states was not suppose to see anything

Hey why is Jesus groping you in your avatar?

J/k...

Anyways, back OT, did anyone else saw this?

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by drakus

LMAO he is groping me LoL/..

but in all seriousness... I used to be one of the guys that would have nailed him to the cross.. but he still loves me... he picked me up when I still had the hammer,....

you have to admit it though... it is a powerful image
edit on 9-10-2011 by nutzmctaffy because: typo

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by nutzmctaffy
EVEN though us here in the united states was not suppose to see anything

Are you positive we weren't supposed to see anything? I got home around 1:30 last night and the sky was incredibly clear and the stars were shining brighter than ever so I decided to sit outside and take it in for a while. It was a bit nippy though. Well I was staring at the sky and about 10 minutes in, out of the corner of my eye I saw a flash. I was able to change my viewpoint fast enough to catch the end of it and what I saw looked exactly like a meteor. Anyone else in LA see anything? Anyone in the rest of the country see anything?

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I cannot make a new thread so I thought this would be the best topic to put it in because it has to do with the meteor shower.

Me, my brother in-law and two nieces saw two UFOs last night while watching for shooting stars. They appeared by the Cepheus constellation. At first I thought they were meteors. But I quickly knew they were not. The were moving toward Polaris at the same speed. Both were shining real bright because of the sun (i guess), kinda like satellites do. Except the were brighter than Jupiter! We watched them and were wandering what the crap they were. Then the one to the bottom changed directions 180 degrees till it was behind the other one. Then they both faded out till we could not see them.

I cannot explain it.

new topics

top topics

join