It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Go outside NOW! And look at the beautiful RING around the MOON...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I was gazing at the moon out my window some recent days back. I was amazed that it looked like a giant cross in the sky. A light going up, lights going off from each side, a light pointing down. But then, I removed my view out the --screen-- and changed it to view through the --glass-- and no cross. My screen made the illusion for me, probably relative to my particular eyesight weakness. My screen is not tight fitting, but loose and warpy. So it also made a bright star look like a wide stationary ufo might. It was a good lesson. Always best to look at a strange sky thing, directly, not from behind screen or glass. At night.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAnnunakiReturn
I seen this last night.... was absolutely beautiful. Also has anyone noticed how the past few days the moon has been out EXTRA early. I've been seeing the moon in the sky with the sun starting around 3-4 pm... i thought that was slightly odd.

Can't see nothing now.. Way too cloudy.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
The Halos are regional. That is meteorologically local to whomever is having similar conditions of high thin clouds.

Here's a pic I took a few years ago..It IS a sight to behold.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by spacedoubt

OOOH...That looks so pretty... The ring was exactly like that, but bigger than that. I have to say like twice as big. I was astounded about how big it was. Nice catch!
edit on 9-10-2011 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAnnunakiReturn

I've been seeing the moon in the sky with the sun starting around 3-4 pm... i thought that was slightly odd.

Here you go....easy to use "Moon calendar":

Moon Phases Calendar

Choose your hemisphere (Northern or Southern) and the month and year......

And also:
Rising and Setting times
edit on Sun 9 October 2011 by ProudBird because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

I noticed that last night! I'm in New England where were you seeing the moon from??

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by maximumpower

Eastern NC

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join