It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Surfing the Apocalypse

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowalker

Originally posted by juveous
Dude, your thread title had me thinking about an epic wave someone would ride in the event a meteor hit the ocean.

Yeah i thought 12 ft long board with supplies last in the center.

armored car seems like a failed plan from the start.

Yeah it never worked for the army thats for sure.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Rocketman7

if it messes everyones brains...

how do you plan on playing with your truck?

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf

if it messes everyones brains...

how do you plan on playing with your truck?

Well it only messes some. And in this pretend Z Day, we are some of the lucky ones who were behind metal when the EMP or CME hit or were in a parkade or we just got lucky.

Lucky is a frame of mind though. I remember a quote from Treasure Island where Long John Silver says, "them what dies, will be the lucky ones"

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
SO these trucks and trucks like them, have tanks near where the front doors usually are.

Some have dual tanks. They hold a lot of fuel. For more fuel, you can get a couple jerry cans and fasten them at the back, or, start piling stuff on top and have a ladder to get up there. But then you will interfere with the line of sight of the camera. You can of course, tow a trailer that has a fuel tank on it. You might even tow a second armored truck, if you were making a long haul and were worried that if it broke down you would be screwed.

Racing around would not be a good idea. Taking your time and parking somewhere where someone or gang with a semitrailer, cannot take a run at you and broad side you while you sleep.

Supposing you just had a fire fight with them, they might want revenge.

You might want some sort of home made drone with a camera to fly above the area. Or helium balloon and camera.

Like a model helicopter fitted with a small camera, that might be advantageous.
Sold out it figures

edit on 9-10-2011 by Rocketman7 because: added link

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

I was totally making a lame attempt at humor last night, as I felt the thread title and OP called for it in terms of "surfing" out an apocalypse in a brinks truck--and no disrespect meant to surfers there, either. It was all tongue in cheek. Having said that, i have to agree that the anxiety driven state everyone would be in given that it is the apocalypse, after all, would not combine with bazookas, chemicals and other weaponry to produce a good end at all. lol
edit on 9-10-2011 by tetra50 because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-10-2011 by tetra50 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
The military strategy for handling rocket launchers is to not have 90 degree angles. Make all the angles on the vehicle sloping so the thing will ricochet off.

A Brink's truck is like the side of a barn door, so its an easy target. I am thinking it needs camouflage. Like Body Reclamation Unit, or Red Cross, or Danger High Explosives, or PLAGUE FIRST RESPONDER UNIT.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Your first and last suggestions would be the most effective, I think, at discouraging highjacking.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
The quarantine area is for is you pick up a hitch hiker, then they have to be quarantined for two weeks.

Before you can let them into the truck. If they have not gotten sick within 2 weeks they are ok. Thats the incubation period for dengue fever, if that is the bio-weapon of choice they end up using to try to kill us all off with.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by tetra50

Your first and last suggestions would be the most effective, I think, at discouraging highjacking.

Yes you want them to stay well back. You could go for the approach where you also paint it like it is old and rusty and not worth stealing. But I think something that looks like it is contagious or radioactive would maybe be best.

Back in the old days, pirates were a real problem, and trying to find a way to keep them from attacking was always difficult. In Robinson Crusoe or Swiss Family Robinson, they hoisted the plague flag. That worked for a little while.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Want to see something funny?

Adriana Lima a friend of mine is in Turkey today (turkey shoot get it?) and she is in a helicopter pointing at a building that looks like the armory here, and she is worried.

She is totally paranoid about Z Day because some friends of ours in Hollywood, as a joke, made a remake of Dawn of the Dead and put characters in that movie which were like her and I. They made her give birth to a zombie baby, which was just horrible.

I saw Ty Burell, who starred in that movie yesterday, he was making a scene on a lawn with one of the actresses in his new TV series Modern Family. She was looking at him like WTF??? as he was trying to send me a funny message about him being on that new show, which I had no idea. He was sitting on the grass trying to do that funny scene where the zombie is in the fountain. In the mall. You know where the one guys says "we got a twitcher here".

It is by far the best zombie movie I think. Its hilarious aside from the zombie baby thing. That was cruel.

Adriana went and got pregnant right away after seeing that and had the most beautiful baby you ever saw in your life.

So anyways, maybe I won't need to pick up hitch hikers, as you can see, Adriana wants to be my sidekick!

Who needs hitchhikers if you have a side kick like that. Eat your heart out Strawberry.

The only problem is, finding her on Z Day. You just know I would have to fight my way across zombie territory to find her. The only way to do that, is with a darn good fully equipped, weaponized camperized Brink's Truck.

I have another girl friend of mine who also wants to be my sidekick. Aly Michalka. I think girls are really into this whole Brink's camper thing.

At least with Aly we have a plan. She is supposed to right away get on a boat and come here. I told her when you get onto a boat, be sure it has a dingy. Don't push off from the dock, with no dingy, and then find you can't hotwire the boat! You can just imagine her having to dive into the frigid water off Vancouver to try to make it back to the dock.

In the movie, the guy who was supposed to be me didn't make it. They make an armorized truck, at the mall, but they floor it driving like maniacs when there is only one zombie clinging to it, and they roll it.

My character gets bitten on the dock.

Thats why I say, no need to drive like a maniac.
I think I'm gonna need more ammo. And I need more ideas to make this whole thing work.

Adriana was living in Spain, and I asked her to move to California, thinking I could then just get a boat and go down the coast.

So where does she move to? Miami.

Miami. Florida. From Victoria BC Canada. Right across America. Right through the heartland. Zombie central.

I always like a good challenge.

But now you can see why I need to be sure I have everything.

edit on 9-10-2011 by Rocketman7 because: typo

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Maybe a convoy might have a better chance of survival what do you think?

Cause like the man said in that other movie, we have a date with destiny, and it looks like she just ordered the lobster.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   

@ Rocketman7

Cool fun post bro!

Breath of fresh air in all this Negative Vibe going on ATS & the World. A little escapism from all that!

Reminds me of the Unimog Millenial Vehicles at the San Francisco Sportmen's Expo in 1999. They had these badboys that had everything. (Y2K / Year 2000 / End-of-the-World Hype) Hepa air filters, Ion Scrubbers, Water purifiers. Gun ports, Geiger counters, FlameThrowers, Mine Sweeper Armatures, etc., etc.

They're still being customized even badder these days!

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Stealth design!

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by seedyg

@ Rocketman7

Cool fun post bro!

Breath of fresh air in all this Negative Vibe going on ATS & the World. A little escapism from all that!

Reminds me of the Unimog Millenial Vehicles at the San Francisco Sportmen's Expo in 1999. They had these badboys that had everything. (Y2K / Year 2000 / End-of-the-World Hype) Hepa air filters, Ion Scrubbers, Water purifiers. Gun ports, Geiger counters, FlameThrowers, Mine Sweeper Armatures, etc., etc.

They're still being customized even badder these days!

I want one!

In fact if I had a million bucks I would be in the shop 12 hours a day, making my own. What a great hobby!

Can you imagine? Buy a big rig Brink's Truck, put in a hottub, the whole nine yards.
Sleeps 8 quarantine another 5, Maybe even with heavy duty pullouts.
Solar panels on the roof.
Just for fun I think I am going to do some floor plans based on a big rig.
This one

You could even haul a trailer full of supplies. Boxes and boxes of canned goods and everything you need.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by seedyg

Stealth design!

Ok how about this. Is there a printer, that is 20 feet wide? You take a picture of what is behind the truck, print a sheet, stick it to the truck, instant invisibility.

You could probably paint some type of camouflage. You would have to be artistic. If you didn't have anything else, probably a big canvas cover that made the whole thing look square and dirty would keep some people from bothering with it. You know, paint a canvas cover that made it all look like a rusty garbage bin that they use at construction sites. Inside you are clean and warm and watching movies and eating popcorn.

Or you go the high tech route. Cameras outside the vehicle, motion detector porch lights, that trigger warnings. Like a recording, caution, radioactive material, stay well back. Or Caution, bio-hazard, you must be suited up to approach vehicle.

If it is zombies then as soon as the motion detector is triggered, it plays bag pipe music. Real loud. They hate that. We will have ear plugs they won't.

edit on 10-10-2011 by Rocketman7 because: added link

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
How to obtain fuel for your Brinks' Truck.

You get a list from your home heating oil delivery depot of the places it delivers to.

Then you go to one of those residences towing a trailer. With a megaphone you say

"Is there anyone in the house, I am here to take you to the shelter."

You load them into the trailer, take them to the shelter, then go back and fill up Jerry cans with home heating oil from their tank and fill up your tanks, and put a check mark on your list where you can get more fuel if needed.

Diesel trucks will run on home heating oil no problem.

edit on 11-10-2011 by Rocketman7 because: typo

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Diesel trucks will run on almost any fuel given to it.

Know a guy down the road that has been running his diesel on friggin vegetable oil, and has even had a full tank of used motor oil at one point o_O

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh

Diesel trucks will run on almost any fuel given to it.

Know a guy down the road that has been running his diesel on friggin vegetable oil, and has even had a full tank of used motor oil at one point o_O

Lower maintenance too than gas vehicles. And they last longer.

Probably the home heating oil keeps longer too. Gasoline goes bad after a couple years.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
quickly as possible, eh? :-) as in a week, with desperate, starving, well armed people looking to take whatever they can? use WHAT for fuel, dude? I'm leaving the first night, by mountain bicycle, and I'm going less than 20 miles, to a proper retreat, where a year's supply of food is cached. I'm going to hide for a year, then come out after the infighting, diseases, fire, and starvation has killed off about 99% of the population.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by requirement
quickly as possible, eh? :-) as in a week, with desperate, starving, well armed people looking to take whatever they can? use WHAT for fuel, dude? I'm leaving the first night, by mountain bicycle, and I'm going less than 20 miles, to a proper retreat, where a year's supply of food is cached. I'm going to hide for a year, then come out after the infighting, diseases, fire, and starvation has killed off about 99% of the population.

Well thats an option. I have 6 moths of food stored. I have an electric scooter outside my window and a bug out bag with everything in it. I could go to the lake, and fish and camp covertly. But then it depends on the situation.

You might need to wait 5 years for all the diseases and the bodies to turn to bones. Then you have fallout from all the unmanned reactors and you have chemical explosions and leaks, and wild fires. You better take a Geiger counter with you. People were worried about Fukushima and there are a thousand of them.
edit on 12-10-2011 by Rocketman7 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join