What Are Your Favorite Rock Albums Ever Made?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCorporateBeast

The original poster asked for best rock album not metal albums. If someone starts a thread asking for favorite heavey metal albums I got lots of them also!
cheers,
brice
edit on Tue Oct 18 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: REPLY TO

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
"You can list metal, country, whatever you like, i could'nt list every musical genre in the thread headline..It would be too long"

I posted that ^^^ on page-2...

"Rime Of The Ancient Mariner"...from the album Powerslave -1984 - Iron Maiden...13 minutes and 27 seconds of musical bliss...Listen to it with a good set of headphones in the dark...Wow

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Missed it!
Cool thread
Thanks,
brice

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by blocula

"Rime Of The Ancient Mariner"...from the album Powerslave -1984 - Iron Maiden...13 minutes and 27 seconds of musical bliss...Listen to it with a good set of headphones in the dark...Wow

Since you mentioned it....lol....here it is!

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Thanx for the link ^^^ Perhaps only the Scorpions can compare to Iron Maiden, when it comes to 1980's metal at it's very best?
edit on 17-10-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by brice

Originally posted by TheCorporateBeast

Originally posted by brice
10. Nickelback

Really? (Oo0)

The original poster asked for best rock album not metal albums. If someone starts a thread asking for favorite heavey metal albums I got lots of them also!
cheers,
brice

Dude, i was just stating how surprised I was by finding that many people being into 80's metal and late sabbath's albums. By no means I want to turn this into a metal thingy, just take a look at my first post in this thread and see my list of mandatory albums, you will find no metal whatsoever.

Maybe I'm just being a douche, but this link seems relevant
Nickelback voted worst band in the world

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Recently I've been in absolute love with Pain of Salvation's Road Salt One and Road Salt Two. I also have to mention Ayreon's The Human Equation as I have probably spent more time listening to that album than any other.

edit on 10/18/2011 by Xcalibur254 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by blocula
Thanx for the link ^^^ Perhaps only the Scorpions can compare to Iron Maiden, when it comes to 1980's metal at it's very best?
edit on 17-10-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

I only ever liked Rock You Like A Hurricane myself but that's the cool thing about music, you can get bands from the same genre and either love them or hate them.

For instance, I love Static-X and Fear Factory but don't really like Ministry, love Metallica and Pantera but think Trivium and Bullet For My Valentine are two of the worst metal bands of all time.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
The Scorpions albums, Blackout-1982 and Love At First Sting-1984 are 2 mandatory 80's metal albums...Klaus Meine has a very intense voice...Theres really not a bad song all the way through both albums.
edit on 18-10-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by TheCorporateBeast

Its hard to be mad at you Corporate Beast for dissing my taste in music as your avatar looks very much like the famous Ogopogo lake monster that plies the waters of my home town! So I won't reciprocate about your taste in tunes.
Cheers to you brother in Uruguay!
www.ogopogomonster.com...

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Tool - Ænima
Kula Shaker - K
Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here
Pink Floyd - Meddle
Pink Floyd - The Wall
Pink Floyd - The Division Bell
Pink Floyd - The Dark Side of The Moon
Beastie Boys - Ill Communication
Primus - The Brown Album
Megadeth - Rust In Peace
Metallica - ...And Justice For All
Clutch - From Beale Street to Oblivion
Clutch - Blast Tyrant
Scissorfight - New Hampshire
Scissorfight - Jaggernaut
Grayson Capps - Wail & Ride

edit on 19-10-2011 by DeReK DaRkLy because: ...

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

led zeppelin: physical graffiti
alice n chains: dirt
white zombie: astro creep 2000
rob zombie: hellbilly deluxe
led zeppelin: the fourth album
led zeppelin: presence

i guess any led zeppelin album. from zeppelin 1 to coda.

dark side of the moon and a delicate sound of thunder by pink floyd.

-subfab

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by subfab
reply to post by blocula

led zeppelin: physical graffiti
alice n chains: dirt
white zombie: astro creep 2000
rob zombie: hellbilly deluxe
led zeppelin: the fourth album
led zeppelin: presence

i guess any led zeppelin album. from zeppelin 1 to coda.

dark side of the moon and a delicate sound of thunder by pink floyd.

-subfab
And think about this...2 of my very favorite Led Zeppelin songs were left off of the albums they were originally intended for...Which would have made them even better than they already are...

"We're Gonna Groove"...Was left off of, Led Zeppelin-2...That song would have sent that album even further into the stratosphere...Into orbit! Side-1 has four songs and side-2 has 5 songs...So obviously there appears to be something missing...What a shame...

"Hey, Hey,What Can I Do"...Was left off of, Led Zeppelin-3....But the much weaker songs "Hats Off To Roy Harper" and "Bron-Yaur Stomp" were kept on...Why?..Look at the song list for that album and imagine it with "Hey,Hey,What Can I Do" included and "Hats Off To Roy Harper" and "Bron-Yaur Stomp" taken off...What a shame...
edit on 19-10-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
The Beatles did the same thing...The songs "Rain" and "Paperback Writer" were left off of their Revolver album. But the inferior "And Your Bird Can Sing" is kept on...Why?

and "Penny Lane" and "Strawberry Fields Forever" were left off of their Sgt Peppers Lonely Hearts Club band" Album...?...I think it should have been released as a double album!

Yeah i know,we can still hear those songs. But everyone always talks about great and influential albums and makes lists ranking great albums...Uuuugggghhhh..I can actually feel the pain...

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

All I have to say is:

"Under the Western Freeway" - Grandaddy 1997

Has to be one of the best debut albums by any band I've ever heard.
If you like Indie/alternative music be sure to check this album out.
edit on 19-10-2011 by ThirdMind because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
AC/DC Back in Black, Pink Floyd The Wall...those are the two that I can think of right at the moment. I do miss my eighties sometimes, those were some seriously fun times, if you know what I mean.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenofsheba
AC/DC Back in Black, Pink Floyd The Wall...those are the two that I can think of right at the moment. I do miss my eighties sometimes, those were some seriously fun times, if you know what I mean.
I know what you mean...I was there...Pink Floyd's The Wall album, has so many good songs on it...26 of them! And it contains the anthem of the youth of that generation..."Another Brick In The wall Part-2",which was a number one song...

new topics
top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join