It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just how BIG or small is the Earth?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
As a matter of perspective in comparison to the rest of the universe around us, please take a look at this small collection of photos detailing the size of the Earth, other planets, our sun, and other stars in relation to each other.

compu-smart.hubpages.com...

If you're now feeling quite small, I'm sorry, I don't have any magic blue pills for that.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Be it ever so humble...

There's no place like home.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by nineix

Yes this is interesting. But this has been already posted. There is a few (if not many) threads talking about the same exact thing. Here is one that i found after searching only for 2 seconds on here on ats

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Try to search for topics before you post. Only because 1. It is easier for people so get the whole "lot" of information on one post, rather than searching 20 different threads to get all the info. 2. The mods will move it to another topic forum / delete your thread / and probably give you a good talkin to for not reading the posting criteria. Food for thought. Happy ATSing

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by bo12au
primaxstudio.com...

I've always loved that animation!

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by bo12au & WhoDat09

You may enjoy this one also~ Universcale

Somewhat similar type of concept, but is different.
That statement ↑ may not make sense, but check it out anyways.

reply to paperface & DjKillaVinyl

Then why did you open up the thread???

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by nineix

With that, we should all throw our anthropocentric views out the window.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

That was great mate loved it.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by bo12au
primaxstudio.com...

Just wow...

I was taken aback by that slide panoramic from the molecular level to the cosmic level. It's really breathtaking even if the artwork is a little 5th gradish lol. The music sets the perfect mood too

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by bo12au

Good. I thought you might.

Personally, I like it every time I see a thread like this, because it reminds me to check out both of those links.

I probably should have mentioned this earlier, but you may have noticed anyways that the Universcale has alot of interactive features. I know that I didn't realize all of it, the first time I checked it out. Aside from clicking to skip around, you can also click on almost everything, to get a more detailed image, and a much more in-depth description of it.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

Yeah I am still looking at it lol. I have always thought that since everthing is made of matter, could it be possible that our solar system is like an atom, with electons and neutons moving about? Sooo much we don't know.

new topics

top topics

join