It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just To Clear Up A Multitude OF Stupid Statements

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I try hard not be a [snip] but....what are you gonna do? Here it goes.

I continue to read the same stupid statement....OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN....as it pertains to a poster proclaiming.....THERE IS NO WAY THAT WE ARE BEING VISITED BY E.T. BECAUSE THE VAST DISTANCES BETWEEN STARS AND PLANETS SURROUNDING THEM ARE SO GREAT THAT EVEN AT THE SPEED OF LIGHT IT WOULD TAKE FOREVER SO....THEY WOULD HAVE TO BUILD GREAT PLANETQARY SPACESHIPS LIKE THE MOON AND HOLLOW THEM OUT SO AS TO HAVE ROOM FOR ALL THE GENERATIONS OF PEOPLE WHO WOULD LIVE AND DIE BEFORE THEY REACHED EARTH....AND BY THE WAY....THATS WHAT OUR MOON REALLY IS A GIANT HOLLOW SPACE SHIP!

For the record....YOU GUY'S ARE KILLING ME!

E.T. craft are not going to travel in normal space/time....and even if they did say obtain a very close to light speed velocity.....it would take a centrury to accelerate slow enough not to kill anyone and a century just to slow down to not kill anyone....and that is traveling the distance between our planet and another within 5 to 10 lightyears only!

Conventional propultion is not the way to travel interstellar distances....you need a GRAVITIC DRIVE.
Split Infinity
edit on 8-10-2011 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-10-2011 by Asktheanimals because: Changed title from all caps. considering moviing to rants FTR

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   

OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN.......THERE IS NO WAY THAT WE ARE BEING VISITED BY E.T. BECAUSE THE VAST DISTANCES BETWEEN STARS AND PLANETS SURROUNDING THEM ARE SO GREAT THAT EVEN AT THE SPEED OF LIGHT IT WOULD TAKE FOREVER SO....THEY WOULD HAVE TO BUILD GREAT PLANETQARY SPACESHIPS LIKE THE MOON AND HOLLOW THEM OUT SO AS TO HAVE ROOM FOR ALL THE GENERATIONS OF PEOPLE WHO WOULD LIVE AND DIE BEFORE THEY REACHED EARTH....AND BY THE WAY....THATS WHAT OUR MOON REALLY IS A GIANT HOLLOW SPACE SHIP!

YOU GUY'S ARE KILLING ME!

If you actually want people to pay attention to what it is that you have to say,
you may want to first

clear up that

annoying caps lock problem

that you have!!!!

edit on 10/8/11 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I would say the same to you as I would to them.

Pics or....well, you know the rest.

Basically, NO ONE has the answer to this for obvious reasons so there is no way that you can clear up something that hasn't been proven or even debunked.

Peace

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Not relating directly to your topic, but I've been dying to say this here, after having read it so very much,
Get a grip--EVEN PICS DOESNT MEAN IT HAPPENED!!! Jesus, with photo shop and motion capture technology, am I really the only one who knows this???? Surely not

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Please choose what you believe in most:

ET's or INFINITE USE OF CAPS

I mean geez I also believe there is other intelligent life in the universe somewhere but the caps lock thing makes you look like a nutter...ok the caps lock and the following quote from your OP, that is...

THATS WHAT OUR MOON REALLY IS A GIANT HOLLOW SPACE SHIP!

Just MY opinion of course.

edit on 10/8/2011 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity

For the record....YOU GUY'S ARE KILLING ME!

E.T. craft are not going to travel in normal space/time....and even if they did say obtain a very close to light speed velocity.....it would take a centrury to accelerate slow enough not to kill anyone and a century just to slow down to not kill anyone....and that is traveling the distance between our planet and another within 5 to 10 lightyears only!

I agree and I think that the naysayers are helping hide the ETs.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
OP is right though, too many people can't bring themselves to even entertain the fact that we as humans are way behind ETs technologically (and spiritually) who are thousands or millions of years older than us.

I always like to tell the ET skeptics something to this effect:

"All it takes is only ONE SINGLE ufo sighting or alien contact to be real in all of history in order to end the debate forever. The odds are stacked heavily against you."

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMetaphysician

"All it takes is only ONE SINGLE ufo sighting or alien contact to be real in all of history in order to end the debate forever. The odds are stacked heavily against you."
Well, that statement is incorrect, but first:
Where is it then?
Are we still waiting for that one good one, that finally proves it?

Regardless of how good the odds are, if there are odds calculated, then doesn't that mean that there is a chance of either side being wrong?

Back to why your statement is incorrect:
There have been thousands(?? tens of thousands??) of sightings, for years and years and years, but the debate continues......

OP is right though, too many people can't bring themselves to even entertain the fact that we as humans are way behind ETs technologically (and spiritually) who are thousands or millions of years older than us.
If this↑ was true, then wouldn't that be that much more of a reason for them to stay far away from us?

Seriously, if you were from a planet far far away, would you want to come here?

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
So basically, what your post comes down to is that there's no conventional method that we know of that would allow interstellar travel.... so if interstellar travel is going to exist, it'll have to take the form of something that we know exactly nothing about, by definition. Not exactly a convincing argument for the reality of interstellar travel.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by wirehead
So basically, what your post comes down to is that there's no conventional method that we know of that would allow interstellar travel.... so if interstellar travel is going to exist, it'll have to take the form of something that we know exactly nothing about, by definition. Not exactly a convincing argument for the reality of interstellar travel.

I think the argument is very convincing.
There's a lot we don't know.
And technology that we do have, is likely to be decades ahead of what the average citizen knows about.
Imagine a race of beings that could be millions of years more advanced than us, what they could figure out about travelling through space.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
OK....I admit I have a CAP issue! LOL! But this constant posting by people in the manner described above really burns my ass. There have been other posts that some have stated that a form of Magnetism is the method used for FTL....Faster Than Light travel....which anyone who knows even the basics of Physics would know is not possible.

The Unified Field Theory....which we humans do not understand....but E.T. does with relative ease....is based on calculations that include MANY UNIVERSAL STATES. We are just beginning to get an understanding of how reality and all energy and matter....as well as dark energy and matter....in it....are examples of how our Universal Reality is tied in with MANY other Universal Realities.

Several recent experiments that anyone here can look up....and I am heartened to see that a Physicist came around that actually had the balls to go against the established theories....showed within his experiment...that a electron or in some cases a photon....basicly the same thing....since all photons are simply modified electrons...were found to not only be used as a energizing function or reaction but as a non-function representation of mesurable light or electricity.

The lesson learned here is that since light is both particle and wave....it exists in multiple states and can perform and be a result of two seperate actions simultaniously....as if two photons existed instead of one being used.

The conclusion of this is that a single photon exists in a multi-phazic state in which it is existing in many versions of itself within a Multiversal state.

It is in this example that gives credence to E.T. crafts ability to access Multiversal variences and cumulative value of power and use of within a generated quantity of energy that when properly quantum navigated....will allow a quantum style anchor to other connected versions of these particles thus providing a template for navigation.

Split Infinity

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

I completely agree with and understand what you are saying. Moreover, I think this has been known previous to this, by humanity, and harnessed and hijacked by something else altogether, which has been making us appear as though we are unworthy of said knowledge to justify and rationalze our slavery. I believe we were once aware of the behavior of particulate matter, the duality of the behavior of light in particulate matter and wave form, and that it was stolen from us to slow our progression down. I also believe it has been used to represent different realities existing along the same time wave continuum, in order to slander our genetic base. I know tht isn't where you were going with this, but I wholeheartedly concur with what you are saying, and am saying it has meant even more in the scheme if things, if you will pardon me taking it a few steps further without meaning to derail your thread

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by tetra50

But I dont have pics....

Sorry, just my lame attempt at humor, with pics or it didn't happen .....

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I don't hear anybody who is seriously interested in the subject of extraterrestrial intelligence suggest that the distance between stars is a barrier that would prohibit any interstellar travel.

There is no reason why conventional rocket or nuclear propulsion couldn't do the job. So it takes a few hundred or thousands of years? Well what if your civilization was capable of following through with extremely long term enterprises without ever getting bored or distracted?

And what about the astronauts dying before they arrive at their destination? If you absolutely need to arrive at your destination with living astronauts aboard (for some reason that I can't envision), why not just manufacture (or grow) them when you get there?

We don't even need to go into highly speculative means of propulsion.

edit on 8-10-2011 by Tearman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by tetra50
reply to post by tetra50

But I dont have pics....

Sorry, just my lame attempt at humor, with pics or it didn't happen .....

LOL! Actually there ARE PICS! I wish I could remember the name of the Physicist. I have known about the Multiversal relationship of particles ans sub-particles that makeup the energy and matter of our universe for some time now....but reguardless of that knowledge....it was not until a shot time ago that someone who was not burried under a massive amount of secrecy and compartmentalization....actually did an experiment that went public that worked.

It is one thing to have in ones possesion highly advanced tech....it is another to be able to understand how it works....and it is even harder to figure our how we can use it. Split Infinity

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by wirehead

NO...that's not what I am saying. Interstellar travel is possible even if you are traveling at 2 mph....it just would take FOREVER. If you want to travel these great distances within a short period of time or even NO PASSAGE OF TIME....you need to use a GRAVITIC DRIVE. Split Infinity

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tearman
I don't hear anybody who is seriously interested in the subject of extraterrestrial intelligence suggest that the distance between stars is a barrier that would prohibit any interstellar travel.

There is no reason why conventional rocket or nuclear propulsion couldn't do the job. So it takes a few hundred or thousands of years? Well what if your civilization was capable of following through with extremely long term enterprises without ever getting bored or distracted?

And what about the astronauts dying before they arrive at their destination? If you absolutely need to arrive at your destination with living astronauts aboard (for some reason that I can't envision), why not just manufacture (or grow) them when you get there?

We don't even need to go into highly speculative means of propulsion.

I will not make the mistake of making statements that I know this form of drive exists because I cannot provide proof here. Howerer....I can provide a logical basis of observation by many over a long time that point to this being the method of drive for travel by E.T.

In a multitude of 50's and early 60's newspaper interviews of all types of military officials...various govermental leadership individuals...and even USAF pilots charged with the job of shooting the UFO's down that were periodicly buzzing the U.S. Capital and White House...all of their statements were consistent with a craft using a GRAVITIC DRIVE.

The specific tell tale observations were E.T. craft not only accelerating and traveling at speeds that would cause any matter to burn up in atmosphere...but also instantanious directional changes that would subject both the craft and anyone inside to unsurvivable g-forces.

Another big tell was a craft seemingly to be in several places simultaniously as well as changing visual shape. These type of observations are also consistent with a Gravitic drive. Split Infinity

edit on 8-10-2011 by Tearman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Nonsense:

AND BY THE WAY....THATS WHAT OUR MOON REALLY IS A GIANT HOLLOW SPACE SHIP!

The Lunar samples returned by Apollo missions (and this is corroborated by the few grams that the Soviets Luna spacecraft managed to obtain robotically, around the same time) shows that the material the Moon is made of is roughly the same age as Earth's crust. Some Lunar samples read as "older", but that is only because the Moon is not tectonically active as on Earth. Earth has "recycled" most of the primordial rocks and materials, from tectonic subduction.

The analysis of the Lunar samples made the strongest case yet for the Moon's theory of formation....it was a part of the Earth, while the Earth was still accreting, forming and cooling. The chaotic early Solar System suffered many impacts of celestial bodies, and that is what devastated what would become Earth. The collision blew a chunk out, but not at a speed to give it escape velocity...it settled into orbit, both bodies (Earth being more massive dominated), and they both continued to accrete, and take the mostly spherical shapes due to gravitational forces that determine all such spheres' development.

So, the "original" Earth, if it had not been struck, might have turned out a bit more massive than it is today...however, the mitigating influence of the Moon's presence might have been instrumental in stabilizing the Earth's axis over these billions of years, and the reason it is teeming with life today.

Giant Impact Theory

Just one study of the Lunar material samples brought back by Apollo:

Third Party Evidence:

Existence and age of Moon rocks

A total of 382 kilograms (842 lb) of Moon rocks and dust were collected during the Apollo 11, 12, 14, 15, 16 and 17 missions. Some 10 kg (22 lb) of the Moon rocks have been destroyed during hundreds of experiments performed by both NASA researchers and planetary scientists at research institutions unaffiliated with NASA. These experiments have confirmed the age and origin of the rocks as lunar, and were used to identify lunar meteorites collected later from Antarctica. [color=gold]The oldest Moon rocks are up to 4.5 billion years old, making them 200 million years older than the oldest Earth rocks, which are from the Hadean eon and dated 3.8 to 4.3 billion years ago. The rocks returned by Apollo are very close in composition to the samples returned by the independent Soviet Luna programme. A rock brought back by Apollo 17 was accurately dated to be 4.417 billion years old, with a margin of error of plus or minus 6 million years. The test was done by a group of researchers headed by Alexander Nemchin at Curtin University of Technology in Bentley, Australia.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProudBird

Nonsense:

AND BY THE WAY....THATS WHAT OUR MOON REALLY IS A GIANT HOLLOW SPACE SHIP!

The Lunar samples returned by Apollo missions (and this is corroborated by the few grams that the Soviets Luna spacecraft managed to obtain robotically, around the same time) shows that the material the Moon is made of is roughly the same age as Earth's crust. Some Lunar samples read as "older", but that is only because the Moon is not tectonically active as on Earth. Earth has "recycled" most of the primordial rocks and materials, from tectonic subduction.

The analysis of the Lunar samples made the strongest case yet for the Moon's theory of formation....it was a part of the Earth, while the Earth was still accreting, forming and cooling. The chaotic early Solar System suffered many impacts of celestial bodies, and that is what devastated what would become Earth. The collision blew a chunk out, but not at a speed to give it escape velocity...it settled into orbit, both bodies (Earth being more massive dominated), and they both continued to accrete, and take the mostly spherical shapes due to gravitational forces that determine all such spheres' development.

So, the "original" Earth, if it had not been struck, might have turned out a bit more massive than it is today...however, the mitigating influence of the Moon's presence might have been instrumental in stabilizing the Earth's axis over these billions of years, and the reason it is teeming with life today.

Giant Impact Theory

Just one study of the Lunar material samples brought back by Apollo:

Third Party Evidence:

Existence and age of Moon rocks

A total of 382 kilograms (842 lb) of Moon rocks and dust were collected during the Apollo 11, 12, 14, 15, 16 and 17 missions. Some 10 kg (22 lb) of the Moon rocks have been destroyed during hundreds of experiments performed by both NASA researchers and planetary scientists at research institutions unaffiliated with NASA. These experiments have confirmed the age and origin of the rocks as lunar, and were used to identify lunar meteorites collected later from Antarctica. [color=gold]The oldest Moon rocks are up to 4.5 billion years old, making them 200 million years older than the oldest Earth rocks, which are from the Hadean eon and dated 3.8 to 4.3 billion years ago. The rocks returned by Apollo are very close in composition to the samples returned by the independent Soviet Luna programme. A rock brought back by Apollo 17 was accurately dated to be 4.417 billion years old, with a margin of error of plus or minus 6 million years. The test was done by a group of researchers headed by Alexander Nemchin at Curtin University of Technology in Bentley, Australia.

You didn't read the post correctly....I was stating that I was sick of reading posts about the Moon actually being a space ship. You are preaching to the choir. Split Infinity

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Whatever Boeing, Lockheed, Northrop, etc. are doing is not open to the public, but these papers, which may be taking nearly the same approach as at least one of those and may be way behind such research, might at least be a hint as to what is possible. But one might suspect that the energy requirements would necessitate gathering energy en route, be it from the zero-point field, cosmic rays, trace hydrogen in space, or whatever. But they are about gravitic propulsion, which requires energy but not propellant. But if these guys are on the right track and the energy source is zero point taken in by creating a field that can stimulate and absorb it with a degree of efficiency that can keep the system running (which would not violate thermodynamics), then the flight characteristics would just happen to be the same seemingly impossible characteristics reported for UFOs, and even the strange flitting movements at low speed would suddenly make sense in that context.

www.scientificexploration.org...
www.calphysics.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join