It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many of you would pay a prostitute? Or vote to make prostitution legal?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo
reply to post by Robbnn

Meanwhile, poverty-stricken women, men and children would find it easier to sell their dignity... a cost no food is worth.

Oh yes, it is worth it, otherwise they would not do it. I am sure you would sell your body for basic needs, too. If you want to help them, then make sure they do not need prostitution to get food. Banning prostitution so they starve instead is much more wrong than to let them sell their own body to get food.

edit on 9/10/11 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

Why not focus in finding them ways to make money to feed their children which did not rely on them having to sell their bodies for food?

Should it be the only choice open to the poor - the last thing they have to sell?

Because they have nothing else to sell, does that make it acceptable?
edit on 9-10-2011 by stellify because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
For me it comes down to something pretty simple & that is that you cant fight human nature,all you can do is to make these things as safe as possible for the people involved and the rest of the community.

If something became legal it would'nt have much if any noticeable difference on statistics for people doing it because people want to do what they want to do anyways.
Its exactly the same as the drug issue,we cant stop it or people wanting to do it but we can supervise them as much as possible to limit the harm to not just them but everyone else.

We quite rightly give addicts needles,yes this means the tax payer has to pay for it but it also means there is less disease in the population and these folks needs to steal less to buy them.t.I would liken this to the prostitution issue by saying that if its above board the girls/boys can get health checks,be away from pimps and avoid legal problems,red light districts would be empty and the market for people smuggling is hit hard.

These are both problems in our society and by leaving the vulnerable to suffer we not only show ourselves in a poor light but do us all a great disservice.

The fact that we even try to outlaw the oldest trick in the buck some up our society for me,ridiculous and ineffectual.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
sorry man... if you gotta pay for it then wooowwwww..... i'm telling you... there is somebody for everybody... you could be the [snip]' elephant man's twin brother and someone, somewhere will be attracted to you... just gotta find that compatible match...
edit on 9-10-2011 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I would totally vote to legalize prostitution.

I feel that as long as it is consensual sex between two adults, there is no crime. This happens all day everyday.

In fact, legalizing prostitution would generate revenue for the economy because it could then be taxed,

I have never believed that it was all about the 'moral implications', such as breaking up marriages or such. It is really about the fact that (currently) it is difficult to monitor the income of the prostitute, thus it is 'illegal'.

Legalize it,

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Just imagine if prostitution were legal, and gay and straight sex were equally accepted in society.

Then.....

A judge in a court could demand a defendant prostitute herself or himself to raise the cash to pay the fees owed.

After all, it would be a legally acceptable "job". A valid source of income to pay debts to the court !

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by DRAZIW

but sex without consent is illegal therefore a judge would not order somebody to do it.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
A judge does not ask anyone to do work to pay fees owed. Fees are paid by however the defendant sees fit.

And secondly people prostitute themselves every single day for work, it just happens that certain parts of the body are not used, well maybe sometimes if they're looking to get to the top quickly.

People are so blinded by their own morality they don't see the hypocrisies being committed.

Originally posted by DRAZIW

A judge in a court could demand a defendant prostitute herself or himself to raise the cash to pay the fees owed.

After all, it would be a legally acceptable "job". A valid source of income to pay debts to the court !

edit on 9-10-2011 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
how can you make legal a vice or moral issue? i wouldnt pay a prostitute! but i would pay more for having a woman who acts like one. i think the act of church and state being separated makes this a difficult issue to vote on.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
i'd pay a prostitute to service a good friend for a birthday present or something, AND i'd vote in favour of it's legalisation. oldest profession in the world really ought to have a place in the current society.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Paying to arrest prostitutes is criminal. Whether two adults choose to have sex for love, for recreation, or for money, is their personal business. We can cut taxes by making prostitution legal. Fewer lawyers, fewer police, fewer judges, smaller prisons.
Would I pay a prostitute? If I were single, I most likely would.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I'ts legal in nevada

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by paleorchid13
I would rather prostitution to be legal, than to see what is going on in the "underground".

How about murder, rape, child molestation? How would that be any different? There's usually some 'reason' behind all the criminal acts. That shouldn't make it legal.

Yes, I agree the prostitutes ARE victims of their past ... and so are MANY (millions) others who didn't choose to go that path.

I would prefer prostitution to remain illegal BUT I do favor rehabilitation (specifically self-image and self confidence training and counseling) for the prostitutes instead of time in the pokey.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by stellify

Why not focus in finding them ways to make money to feed their children which did not rely on them having to sell their bodies for food? Should it be the only choice open to the poor - the last thing they have to sell? Because they have nothing else to sell, does that make it acceptable?

I do support the existence of welfare state sufficient to cover basic needs, so that noone should be forced to prostitution. But even if this is not the case, and the prostitutes are forced to do it against their will due to poverty, it is still much better to make it a legal option to earn money than banning it, thus attacking this last source of income for these people. Its that simple in the end, ban on prostitution wont help anyone.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
It's legal to agree to put up half of all your wealth and then have sex for life with one female. If you get separated through no fault of your own she gets to keep half of everything even if your agreement fell far short of what you both agreed to.

It's legal to pay for movie, dinner, drinks, etc. on multiple occasions and then get what you want if two consenting people agree.

However in this country it's illegal to pay a girl just to have sex and nothing else.
I would vote to legalize it.

Apparently it's also legal in this country to set up sting operations where some unsuspecting guy gets lured into a situation and is asked to have sex. As soon as he agrees to pay money for what someone asks for, he can get arrested. I think this is a huge waste of resources in this country. I'd rather our taxpayer money be spent solving crimes that hunt down criminals, murderers, thieves, etc. rather than some guy or girl out on the street that agreed to do something at less expense than some married guy agreed to before he got married.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Trexter Ziam

Yes, I agree the prostitutes ARE victims of their past ... and so are MANY (millions) others who didn't choose to go that path.

But this way, they are contributing to society.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

I get what you're saying, but justifying it because women need to feed themselves or their families legally doesn't really cut it for me as an argument for.

I know women who work in the sex trade. None of them do it for fun, none of them do it because they feel they are carrying out a valuable service.

They're generally poorly educated and have suffered some sort of depravation. Is it right to justify the use of women from the lower classes as sexual spittoons, because they have to feed their kids anyway...might as well have some fun with them while they are at it.

The question is, is it acceptable in a society for anyone to sell their bodies for sex? My answer is yes. As I have said previously, when it is a conscious preferred life choice to enter into prostitution as a career rather than a desperate measure then I absolutely support it.

When its a desperate act, I do not.

I find it worrying that people justify it's existence because it's one of the oldest practices in human nature.

Some of us were cannibals...but as a society we've generally moved one.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by LeBombDiggity

Excuse me, I see no where that the op stated their "whores". He stated prostitutes or prostitution. And would we pay for sexual service. Or vote to make it legal. I on the other hand was using levity in my response.

Levity= A sense of amusement. My be you should try it sometime. It breaks the stress and ease's the need to go see them there "whores".

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Is it just me - or has this thread brought out every single ounce of misogyny on ATS?

Are these views representative of society as a whole, or is there a particular demographic on ATS which finds it difficult to relate to females as humans?

Interested in your views.

I note that most guys here would be happy to use a prostitute or have done.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
This is just a silly argument. Guys, we ALWAYS pay for it in one way or another. If your single and go to a bar and pick up a woman, you buy her a drink or a room or a cab home. PAID for it. If you have a girlfriend or are dating someone you buy her flowers, go on dates and buy food, drinks whatever. PAID for it. If you are married, you have a morgage, car payments, you have to buy a wedding ring, ect to keep your wife happy....PAID for it. All these people that say paying for sex is immoral and should be illegal are apparently virgins, hypocrites or completely out of touch with reality. If you are a guy and you have had sex, money HAS been involved and you HAVE paid for it in one way or another.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join