It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many of you would pay a prostitute? Or vote to make prostitution legal?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   
I object to it on a moral ground and is why I would never pay a woman for sex. My reason being, no one would want their daughter to become a prostitute. So when your paying to have sex with that woman remember she's some ones kid. I also very much doubt women do this thing because they want to, it's more out of financial reasons.

I knew a girl who became a call girl, she had got herself into thousands of pounds worth of debt with credit cards and the only way she thought she could pay this back was to sell herself for sex. To see the mental damage this did to her was heartbreaking. Fortunately she no longer does it, but it has definitely scarred her.

Whether it should be illegal is another matter, I'm not a big one for making things illegal, I just think men should object on a moral ground. I just couldn't do it myself, after the sex I think I would just feel utterly depressed.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Been legal in Melbourne for years with no problems..

Certainly much safer and healthier for all concerned..

BTW, a place near our office had a tradies lunchtime special..

Sex and a meat pie for $50..

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
It should be legal since a woman's body is her property essentially.
Just as suicide should be legal.

However if we had a system that made sense and protected people's liberty, no one would need/want to be a prostitute or commit suicide anyways.

Sure, I am in principal against killing myself or lowering a woman to the level of a prostitute, but I would never desire for a system of tyranny to be established to use force or violence to prevent them from doing what is their right.

Living in an unjust system is the causation of many of these problems in the first place.

The Law of Perfect Order dictates:

Order, via Control, breeds Chaos but Control, via Order, isn't Control.

The math is simple:

Zero Control = Zero Chaos = Perfect Order

We are Controlled by Laws that are not about Order, but rather, pure Control, thus, Chaos ensues.

Ribbit

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   
ok, who is friggin guilty here?

the guy/gal who gets paid for it, for servicing the other or the john/jane?

most of you are hypocrites to think you would never cheat or deny you did on your spouse.

the hipocracy is idiotic.

not even devout muslims are immune and the girls wear sheets!!

but they will accuse prostitution instead of rape.

eta;

people discuss me .

jimmy carter lusted in his heart! loL!

he confessed. k............

who the hell is anyone fooling?

edit on 9-10-2011 by fooks because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Pay to make it legal? You bet.

NO one, much less Government has the right to tell anyone what they can do with their own body - of course as long as they're not hurting anyone else (or animals, etc). Well, unless there's a little sadomasochism called for to spics things up abit. Oh just kidding calm down!

Anyway, make it legal, demand health cards on all the patrons and provide the 'workers' with health care?

You bet.

peace

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
I find it kind of appalling at the acceptance some here seem to have of these girls with deep rooted psychological issues selling themselves. It is their body and shouldn’t be illegal but it does not mean it should be deemed ok. I do not see how making prostitution a legitimate business helps these girls, the same things will go on and if anything it will make more girls to fall into the same line of selling. I personally think anyone who has ever paid for these services should be ashamed and reflect on how those girls got there. That post someone wrote about brothels paying for public road repairs etc is something so disgusting to put into words.

Selling your priceless body for money is a disgrace.
Paying money to use another’s body is also a disgrace.

Just my opinion.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Considering government mp's are the biggest clients of prostitutes I'm surprised it's not already legal here in the U.K.

Never used a prostitute myself (happily married for nearly 20 years and are still rampant with each other) but I've seen them standing on street corners in freezing cold conditions at the mercy of any madman who might pull up and ask em' into their car. In other words, for the prostitutes safety alone it should be legal, the reasons for legalistion are too many. If a proposal was made here to legalise it the church would kick up such a fuss that it wouldn't go anywhere, friggin church sticking their noses in where it's not wanted as usual. You can't even open a sex product shop without all sorts of protests from the righteous politically correct.

Places like Holland are very forward thinking in regards to their policies on prositution and certain other things (ahem) and other countries should look at this model and see it's success.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Most people who agree with prostitiution are clueless and don't understand that they have been conditioned to tolerate everything and its that which is what is destroying the greatness we once had.

This overall has nothing to do with religion but instead common sense and most of these women do not wish to be where they are so instead of legalsing it,we must sort the problem out which led to these people to resort to such a low level.

Its really sad that people think tolerating something that is a natural reproduction procedure should be used a form of business for money when money should not be involved.Its not wonder we have so many diseases,unwanted children and rapes today when you make sex a mindless form of entertainment like we have been dumbed down to see it today.
edit on 9/10/11 by Viking9019 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   
I picked up a prostitute once. My buddy and I went to the bar. I was drunk as hell and he said lets go check out some hookers I said ok. My buddy talked to one and got her into the car. We went to a motel and he asked if I wanted oral sex that he would pay. Again being drunk I did something I normally wouldn't do.

I woke up the next morning and started freaking out. I thought I had picked up a disease. I waited 6 months and went to the doctor for a std test. Thankfully it came back negative. I had a second test after a year.

That turnout to be one of the worst experiances in my life. I will never mess with another hooker as long as I live.

My buddy is still picking up hookers. One of these days hes gonna be sorry.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Viking9019
Most people who agree with prostitiution are clueless and don't understand that they have been conditioned to tolerate everything and its that which is what is destroying the greatness we once had.

I agree we as a people are being desensitised (for example, films that used to have a 15 certificate now have a 12 certificate even though they have the same graphic content, if you get me) as time goes on but prostitution is a whole different thing and if it was legalised society would not turn to crap, it would improve. Again, look at Hollands model of play.
edit on 9-10-2011 by Hawkwind. because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by ArrowsNV

If the girls have to get weekly tests then what does that say? and you want it legalized? get a clue!

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Viking9019

This overall has nothing to do with religion but instead common sense and most of these women do not wish to be where they are so instead of legalsing it,we must sort the problem out which led to these people to resort to such a low level.

I do agree that there is a difference when the women are forced do do it by lack of money for basic things. But that is not always the case, particularly in developed countries with extensive welfare systems. Prostitution is a job that requires no qualification, little working hours, and the pay is relatively high. I can see why some prostitutes would choose it even if not forced to do it by poverty.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   
It should be legal and taxed.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Women legally prostitute themselves for drinks and dinner so make it legal, safe, taxable and less seedy.
I dont see a problem with it.

However Id personally never pay for it, I wont even go out with a girl who doesnt get a round in.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
I would vote to make prostitution legal, and focus on what turns women to prostitution and try to fix that problem
edit on 9-10-2011 by Lucifersjester because: bad spelling

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
if anything dating should be illegal. You buy her drinks, food, entertainment and still might get nothing. Prostitution is more straight forward and honest.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join