It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Right Winger Peter King Is Scared (Blank)less of Occupy Wall Street.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ancient Champion

And your obviously a demoocrat that thinks that taxing people to death will solve all our problems. I have no dreams of being rich but i don't hate everyone else that is, why do you want to take peoples money away from them?

I'm not particularly for taking people's money away.
I think everyone should pay their fair share.

When Corporations can get away without paying ANY taxes and the rich pay less REAL tax then I do then yes, I advocate change.

When the oil companies report record profits quarter after quarter by bleeding us for every penny they can get while receiving tax incentives subsidized BY OUR TAX DOLLARS then yes, I advocate change.

I could probably go on but I don't see much worth in it...

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

Originally posted by dbarnhart
What exactly does OWS stand for?? Ive heard them call for killing the wealthy. Well guess what: You are wealthy. No matter how little you earn or own there are people who consider you to be wealthy. You should be alarmed as well.

Where is your proof of OWS saying kill the wealthy? In none of the videos taken at OWS there hasn't been one sign saying anything like that.

If the opposition wants to discredit the OWS all they have to do is plant someone to do or say something outrageous and feed it to the media. 1 bad apple reflects on the whole group.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
The silliness and pettiness of DEMOCRAT vs REPUBLICAN needs to go away. You just end up fighting with EACH OTHER fools. How about we take care of business and what's really important to both of us then go back to the stupid arguing over philosophies.

We need every body we can involved in this and the THEY know it. Anything that can be divisive or sidetrack you will be used and they are planning even better tricks right now for the future. Don't fall for it for once in your life, be the bigger person.

The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by acmpnsfal
reply to post by dbarnhart

Oh puhleeze you cannot seriously be saying that the wealth of the 1% that this movement is talking about can be compared to the wealth of a middle class person compared to a person living below the poverty line. You sir or ma'am are a fool.

This is what homeless person Steve Turner said at Dilworth Plaza in Philadelphia where the protestors were coming to protest there, "What, the rich are coming to sleep out here? I hope they come bearing gifts for the unfortunate."

Don't forget, no matter how bad you think you have it, there's always someone worse off than you.

Source

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Paschar0
The silliness and pettiness of DEMOCRAT vs REPUBLICAN needs to go away. You just end up fighting with EACH OTHER fools. How about we take care of business and what's really important to both of us then go back to the stupid arguing over philosophies.

We need every body we can involved in this and the THEY know it. Anything that can be divisive or sidetrack you will be used and they are planning even better tricks right now for the future. Don't fall for it for once in your life, be the bigger person.

The magic box told me that OWS is a bunch of stupid lefties, so I believed it because I lack the ability to think for myself. I also read a lot of posts on my favorite conspiracy site that back this point of view that were in no way posted by shills, so my belief has been solidified. I like the left/right divide because it makes me feel like I'm rooting for my favorite sports competition team, which hearkens back to the tribal instinct from hundreds of thousands of years of evolution, which I don't believe in so when it's pointed out, even with cited sources, I completely ignore it. My post will get lots of stars, flags, and praise despite the fact that it doesn't make any valid points, it cites no sources, and uses piss-poor grammar.

Megyn Kelly is pretty. Oh look, beer.
edit on 10/9/2011 by Sunsetspawn because: pretty

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
People keep talking about the 1% of America. How many Americans are seriously invested in the stock market? Surely its more than 1% .

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cassius666
People keep talking about the 1% of America. How many Americans are seriously invested in the stock market? Surely its more than 1% .

Investment in stock doesn't define you as a one percenter.

I think, of the 1% as the ultra affluent ( or is it effluent? I get the two confused.) of America.

They are the 1% who control 33.8% of the wealth while the bottom 50% control only 2.5%.

Source

However, the 1% are heavily invested in stocks.

Source

edit on 9-10-2011 by LazyGuy because: Added Extra Pic+ Comment

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   

They only own 38,5% of all privately held stock
62% of equity
49,7% of the total of financial assets
sociology.ucsc.edu...

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by AzureSky

I have just watched 'The end of America' I had not seen this before.

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I grieve for you all in US

The UK is going the same way I fear. The end of the Human Rights Bill is very much in the MSM news at the moment and is quite popular as a policy. It's terrifying. I fear for us all.

Effective, urgent action is required right now. It is quite easy to recognise the cointelpro on here.

Scary.

Namaste

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
for crying out loud

that 1% is your stocks bonds,iras 401s government pensions union pensions savings accounts checking accounts

cds,t-bills and every other investment vehcile employers match your "contributions" and they have to put it somewhere.

hell even state lottery winners who take the annuitities is invested to pay them a yearly salary for the rest of their lives.

people need to think and theres a severe lack of it around here lately you people are messing with your own livelihoods and not in a positive way.
edit on 9-10-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Melyanna
Another indication of how much the powers that were are evidently freaked by OWS is that they seem to be willingly blowing the cover of Alex Jones. Stop on over to his site for a few minutes. His entire site is devoted to bashing the movement and trying to dilute it with an occupy the Fed campaign under someone else's control. The articles there are dripping in desperation to discredit this movement.

It has often been rumoured that Mr. Jones is financed and run by the Bronfmann's. His articles on line right now are extremely interesting to anyone who wants to know where his money comes from.

He is not alone. Just yesterday I was banned from GLP for a post I made. I said they "Had an anti-wallstreet protester agenda" I was banned in seconds. Every one of their pins and superpins were saying the same thing about the protesters being rich kids etc. They made all the protesters out to be troublemakers and useless scumbags. I have no use for that site anymore. I am surprised however that they would be so blatant this early on. There must be tremendous pressure on them and I would imagine on other sites like this one as well.

I just hope TPTB are unable to infiltrate true public forums like this. The truth is already hard enough to find without these attacks.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

Ironic.

Tea Party-------- End the Fed,End the Wars,We want Real Change.
OWS---------End the Fed,End the Wars,We want Real Change.

Grown, Responsible Adults--------I'll keep my stuff, you keep your stuff, and we're square.
OWS---------Give me your stuff, and we're square. Unless you get more stuff.

/TOA

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by LazyGuy

Investment in stock doesn't define you as a one percenter.

I think, of the 1% as the ultra affluent ( or is it effluent? I get the two confused.) of America.

They are the 1% who control 33.8% of the wealth while the bottom 50% control only 2.5%.

I was just trying to make the point that a large portion of the population has an interest in wallstreet doing well. Of course the average shmuch has not been offered stock in china while the country grew at a rate of 10% for the past decade, while rich people have been offered better investments by their banks.
edit on 9-10-2011 by Cassius666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sunsetspawn
The magic box told me that OWS is a bunch of stupid lefties, so I believed it because I lack the ability to think for myself. I also read a lot of posts on my favorite conspiracy site that back this point of view that were in no way posted by shills, so my belief has been solidified. I like the left/right divide because it makes me feel like I'm rooting for my favorite sports competition team, which hearkens back to the tribal instinct from hundreds of thousands of years of evolution, which I don't believe in so when it's pointed out, even with cited sources, I completely ignore it. My post will get lots of stars, flags, and praise despite the fact that it doesn't make any valid points, it cites no sources, and uses piss-poor grammar.

Megyn Kelly is pretty. Oh look, beer.

Sounds like you may or may not be waking up from the hypnotized / dazed state that the MSM causes when taken in large quantities.

Keep drinkin the beer. At least it doesn't have Fluoride.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
for crying out loud

people need to think and theres a severe lack of it around here lately you people are messing with your own livelihoods and not in a positive way.
edit on 9-10-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

I just had a flash of imagination that was caused by your statement.

I envisioned that someone living in the American Colonies may have had similar thoughts.

"But the English shall provide all that we need.
All they ask in return is for us to pay a tithe for their tea."

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by LazyGuy

stop right there and stop comparing ows to the founders or colonial america

try reading the us consitution for a change instead of making it up as you go along

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

reply to post by LazyGuy

stop right there and stop comparing ows to the founders or colonial america

try reading the us consitution for a change instead of making it up as you go along

Sorry for the ad lib.

I'm drawing connections because it's going to take big changes to fix America.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by LazyGuy

you want to fix america? seriously and truly fix america?

SHRINK THE BEAST OF THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT from them all our problems exist

simple solution

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   

reply to post by LazyGuy

simple solution

You do realize that TPTB aren't the Government, right?

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by LazyGuy

reply to post by LazyGuy

simple solution

You do realize that TPTB aren't the Government, right?

I hope YOU realize that they control the government. Follow the money my man.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join