It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Right Winger Peter King Is Scared (Blank)less of Occupy Wall Street.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
The Occupy Wall Street / The 99% movement seems to have really bothered Peter King.

In a recent interview he said...

“We have to be careful not to allow this to get any legitimacy,” he said, adding “I’m taking this seriously in that I’m old enough to remember what happened in the 1960s when the left-wing took to the streets and somehow the media glorified them and it ended up shaping policy. We can’t allow that to happen.”

WOW, he's worried that the movement might actually change something. For me, his statement adds way more legitimacy to the Occupy Wall Street / The 99% than I'm sure he intended.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by LazyGuy

He should be scared. Anyone desiring the perpetuation of the current, and clearly flawed system should be.

Did they really think it could last forever? Change is inevitable.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
What exactly does OWS stand for?? Ive heard them call for killing the wealthy. Well guess what: You are wealthy. No matter how little you earn or own there are people who consider you to be wealthy. You should be alarmed as well.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Good, most of these right wing people saying crap like this are in bed with the banks anyway. They're not real republicans, they're just greedy dicks who don't give two #s about anything other than money...

I'm a Republican and I support OWS. The Fed, the banks, and the bubbles they create are our problem. So is the greed that has invaded Washington DC.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
The Republicans of today, and their Tea Party clan are about nothing more than helping push bills and legislation to help the wealthy. That is their MAIN GOAL. It becomes clear more and more everyday just by by their ACTIONS!!

They care nothing about We The People, the 99% of us. They are AGAINST any people who rise up against the corrupt SCUM of this nation.

They are VERY AFRAID. Very afraid... OF US!!!!!

POWER TO THE PEOPLE. LETS TAKE OUR NATION BACK, YOU AND I!!!!!!
edit on 8-10-2011 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by dbarnhart

Oh puhleeze you cannot seriously be saying that the wealth of the 1% that this movement is talking about can be compared to the wealth of a middle class person compared to a person living below the poverty line. You sir or ma'am are a fool.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by LazyGuy

What's really telling in his comments, and disturbing (should be to those who pay attention) is this:

....remember what happened in the 1960s when the left-wing took to the streets and somehow the media glorified them and it ended up shaping policy.

He's referring to the unrest and turmoil in the USA in the 1960s....like, the push for Civil Rights for Black Americans? He's essentially admitting he's a racist? (Among other things...).

(adding)...

For those in the audience not in the USA, here is a taste (hopefully you can watch videos) of this man and his naked bigotry:

edit on Sat 8 October 2011 by ProudBird because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by acmpnsfal

I am not a fool. I am a student of history, of which you are obviously ignorant

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by HangTheTraitors
The Republicans of today, and their Tea Party clan are about nothing more than helping push bills and legislation to help the wealthy. That is their MAIN GOAL. It becomes clear more and more everyday just by by their ACTIONS!!

They have care nothing about We The People, the 99% of us. They are AGAINST any people who rise up against the corrupt SCUM of this nation.

America was born of revolution. Our founding fathers were very wise and they knew that eventually greed and decay would ruin their vision. The constitution allows for occasional cleansing of Government. The Second Amendment isn't there just so that people can hunt Bambi.

The left (OWS) and the right (Tea Party) are both realizing that we're not really fighting each other. The puppet masters are the ones we should be seeking out.
edit on 8-10-2011 by LazyGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProudBird
reply to post by LazyGuy

He's referring to the unrest and turmoil in the USA in the 1960s....like, the push for Civil Rights for Black Americans? He's essentially admitting he's a racist? (Among other things...).

Maybe and maybe not. Regardless, he is indirectly admitting that he is
a) clueless
b) out of touch with reality
c) out of touch with real people (his constituents)
d) an idiot
e) all and more of the above

Please, please, please, please can anyone explain to me how politicians can make any statement which essentially says they couldn't care less about the little people and not realize it will come back and bite them in the butt? Am I missing something, or do they actually understand they have finally crossed the line and they can tell it like they truly see it because they know we're going to throw them all out in a few years?

I can dream, can't I?

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Should start sending care packets out to random people who don't think anything is wrong with the world.
Zeitgeist,
End of America,

Got any more for the list?
Then they'll realize that the entire. effing, system. Is flawed.

But still it's not enough, people have the wool pulled over their eyes, are hypnotized with their gadgets, their cnn and fox news and their reality tv, everything is geared for us to fail. Hoping people wake up faster and faster. Because i don't think we have much time. Second recession coming, and we all know a recessions is something usually geared to the top elites to make money.

One needs to only look back in history at the great depression. Who profited out of that? I can tell you the rothschilds and morgans did. among others.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Another indication of how much the powers that were are evidently freaked by OWS is that they seem to be willingly blowing the cover of Alex Jones. Stop on over to his site for a few minutes. His entire site is devoted to bashing the movement and trying to dilute it with an occupy the Fed campaign under someone else's control. The articles there are dripping in desperation to discredit this movement.

It has often been rumoured that Mr. Jones is financed and run by the Bronfmann's. His articles on line right now are extremely interesting to anyone who wants to know where his money comes from.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Yeah and the Democrats have a great job getting the country back on track...

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by HangTheTraitors

They care nothing about We The People, the 99% of us. They are AGAINST any people who rise up against the corrupt SCUM of this nation.

Ironic.

Tea Party-------- End the Fed,End the Wars,We want Real Change.
OWS---------End the Fed,End the Wars,We want Real Change.

Diversion?
Us Vs. Them?
Big money swaying what America needs?
Just my Conspiracy........................................

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ancient Champion

Yea, and Bush did a wonderful job running it off the rails.

Tell me, where would you start to get this mess BACK ON TRACK?

Source

Personally, I think it should be SCRAPPED.

Do you see much that looks worth saving?

You're obviously Republican. Are you also a 1% too?

Are you a leader or just another one of the followers who only dreams of being obscenely filthy rich?

I'd bet my next paycheck against your next paycheck that it's the former.
edit on 9-10-2011 by LazyGuy because: Added Source + an edit or two.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Yet another incentive to ramp up and to continue the occupation. The puppets are scared.

Keep it up!

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by LazyGuy

Originally posted by Ancient Champion

Yea, and Bush did a wonderful job running it off the rails.

Tell me, where would you start to get this mess BACK ON TRACK?

Source

Personally, I think it should be SCRAPPED.

Do you see much that looks worth saving?

You're obviously Republican. Are you also a 1% too?

Are you a leader or just another one of the followers who only dreams of being obscenely filthy rich?

I'd bet my next paycheck against your next paycheck that it's the former.
edit on 9-10-2011 by LazyGuy because: Added Source + an edit or two.

And your obviously a demoocrat that thinks that taxing people to death will solve all our problems. I have no dreams of being rich but i don't hate everyone else that is, why do you want to take peoples money away from them?
edit on 9-10-2011 by Ancient Champion because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by LazyGuy

No-one should be scared or worried or intimidated by these folks.
This is backed by adbusters and unions.
Already they are threatening the wealthy with death threats.
The government (Pelosi, Obama) actually WANT this "movement" to continue.
*meh*

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Peter King is 100% trash.

And which policy in the 60's is he referring to? Ending the Vietnam massacre? This guy is pure scum.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by dbarnhart
What exactly does OWS stand for?? Ive heard them call for killing the wealthy. Well guess what: You are wealthy. No matter how little you earn or own there are people who consider you to be wealthy. You should be alarmed as well.

Where is your proof of OWS saying kill the wealthy? In none of the videos taken at OWS there hasn't been one sign saying anything like that.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join