It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coup d'Etat in America?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Here is something from a brilliant researcher. It's a must read. Pass it on and on and on... Knowledge is power.

Coup d'Etat in America?
by
Michel Chossudovsky

The URL of this article is:
globalresearch.ca...
This article is a follow-up on an earlier text entitled:
Bush Administration "Guidelines" for Postponing or Canceling the November Presidential Elections, by Michel Chossudovsky,
10 July 2004,
globalresearch.ca...

Based on so-called "credible" reports, Homeland Security Secretary Tom Ridge has warned that Osama is now "planning to disrupt the November elections." A large-scale attack on American soil is said to be planned by Al Qaeda during the presidential election campaign:

"Credible reporting indicates that Al Qaeda is moving forward with its plans to carry out a large-scale attack in the United States in an effort to disrupt our democratic process... This is sobering information about those who wish to do us harm... But every day we strengthen the security of our nation." (Quoted in AP, 8 July 2004)

"Possible targets" include the Democratic National Convention in July and the Republican Convention in New York in August.

Barely a few days prior to Tom Ridge's spectacular announcement, a spokesman of Northern Command Headquarters at Patterson Air Force Base in Colorado confirmed that Northcom (which has a mandate to defend the Homeland) was "at a high level of readiness" and was proceeding with the (routine) deployment of jet fighters over major cities as well as the posting of troops at key locations (Atlantic Journal and Constitution, 3 July 2004).

Cancelling or Postponing the Elections
This new terror warning by Homeland Security, not to mention the impending military deployment, has served to create an aura of insecurity concerning the November presidential elections.

Meanwhile, postponement of the election has become a talking point on major news channels including CNN, following the release of a letter by the Director of the Election Assistance Commission (EAC) to Homeland Security Secretary Tom Ridge, calling for so-called "guidelines" to cancel or reschedule the election in the case of a terror attack

For details, see globalresearch.ca...
www.copvcia.com...

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Seems a little far out to me. Clearly the administration is exploiting a situation for partisan gain but "Al-Queda as a CIA funded intelligence asset" C'mon, hatred that visceral can't be bought.

With the country so divided (I'm not American so I have no agenda) even Bush would be able to see the violence that would ensue. Surely Iraq has taught him the concept of Pyhrric victory. Hasn't it?

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by deevee
"Al-Queda as a CIA funded intelligence asset" C'mon, hatred that visceral can't be bought.

Who do you think funded these guys and what eventually led to the formation of al qaida and many other Jihad based Islamic groups during the Russian/Afganistan war.

THE CIA!!!!

Who do you think supplied them with weapons and military training, setting up what they now call 'terrorists training camps'.

THE CIA!!!

Is it totally out of the realm of possibility that the CIA could still be utillizing these highly experienced US state funded terrorists. I think not.

Now, trying to prove this would be another thing, but the idea is not totally inconceivable.

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I don't know about you guys, but realistic or not, that article really struck fear in me. Big time.

And the author says that it's not a question of Republicans or Democrats being in power...

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 03:05 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 03:23 PM
link   
It is all politics people, only we the people have very little say in what is going on.......how many Americans actually voted for Homeland security or homeland defense? Not one! It was shoved down our collective throats.

We have already lost our rights (Patriot Act) and now we are about to lose the only right we have left, the right to vote. How many of you actually
went out and protested when the Patriot Act was passed without our consent? So don't cry when Martial law is enacted after one or both of the politcal parties are attacked before the elections..........we all saw it coming.

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Read my signature.

If this election is postponed....

[edit on 29-8-2004 by cstyle226]

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 04:47 PM
link   
All terror alerts are fabricated? shucks, I didnt know we
were capable of this!!!!!

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I don't think those terror groups would disrupt the elections for all the oil in iraq. I do believe that they will renew their attacks bigtime if Gee Brish gets "re-elected" by hook or crook.Don't ever forget that the Bush crime family is a major player in the global oil markets. This, coupled with control of America's military might makes Gee Brish (who is very emotionally unstable) a very dangerous man to many global leaders. I'm definitely voting for Kerry and I would vote two or ten times if I could.

I definitely prefer catsup to oil. Catsup is heart healthy

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by j2ts2
I definitely prefer catsup to oil.

What kind of car do you drive? Some sort of anti-gravity, anti-matter, hydrogen fuel-cell hybrid? Are you the Australian who invented the car that runs on methane formed from garbage? Even Kerry needs oil. That's a total non-issue.

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I agree with Soul Reaper on this one we sat here and let this administration shove this down our throat without even a public disscussion this patriot act which would be better known as"unpatriotic act" individual rights guaranteed under the constitution have been undermined by those who took an oath to protect the constitution , it seems the rights of citizens have become an obstacle to those seeking to exercise power that is'nt fettered with accountability
both parties share responsibility for this mess. In any event these past few years lend credence to idea that the electorial process is a dog and pony show window dressing only, the government is controled by insiders.

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Majority of people in America do not want Bush as president. Next coup d'etat will be when next president is announced and by the new tradition its Bush and the corrupt voting system will have served him again.

This election is an illusion and nothing else.If there is one. I still say there's a good possibility there wont be one due to some unforseen force.
If he does win, fasten your seatbelts for the rides of your life. The short ride till others exterminate us from face of the planet.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 08:01 AM
link   
After the election of 2000, I don't know if I'll ever trust the validity of another. I will vote, but my fear is that Bush will somehow "win." And on with the show.

Regarding the information I've posted here, I believe that Rumsfeld/Cheney controlled elements within the CIA are covertly directing and financing many Al-Qaeda operations/players with the help of Pakistan's ISI. Most of them (Al-Qaeda members) probably have absolutely no idea what's really going on. They're dupes and fools.

Some will say why would they do this? They've done it because they needed an external threat (after the end of the cold war). Can't have a massive military budget/programs w/out a valid enemy. There are other reasons, too. But how handy those cave-dwelling, rocket launcher toting Afghanis/Pakistanis have been! They've been the perfect patsies. And Tricky Dick, Rummy and the boys got their pretext to go seize the region for oil drilling. Too bad for them, the reserves in the region didn't quite pan out, nor did the ability to control the warlords and violence.

I know a man in Texas whose very much in their circle. His inside knowledge has totally confirmed this stuff to me.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 08:04 AM
link   
As for the passing of the Patriot Act, both Democrats and Republicans are culpible. It's pretty damn sad.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Oil the evil of the world, for some that have it they die defending it, for those that don't have it they will kill to get it regardless of consequences.

Hummmm who should I trust somebody that entire life source and family heritage and roots are bitter dark and nasty oil or in the more tasty pretty and good to eat ketchup.

whoa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hard decision but again it is better to die with a good taste in your mouth than a bitter taste

Just a though.

Now for the post well I think that the "terror alerts" were use to keep protesters from the conventions both of them.

And for bushy stopping elections well!!!!!!!!! I don't think he is that stupid or desperate yet.

[edit on 30-8-2004 by marg6043]

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Yeah, I totally think they're trying to scare people away. Doesn't appear to be working though.

I just hope the protestors behave and aren't hoodwinked by provocateurs into getting stupid and/or violent.

I also hopes the world sees how many of our people aren't going along with this Bu#.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I have always found the best way to lie to people is to put the truth in front of them. Most of the time the truth is so far off people wont believe it. A lie is easier to believe.

[edit on 31-8-2004 by SpittinCobra]

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra
A lie is easier to believe.

Especially when the media keeps pounding that lie into our heads over and over and over and over...

kix

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 07:14 PM
link   
3 days before the election OBL will send a big bag of pretzels to the white house.

GWB will choke this time.....!!!!
thats their secret weapon in november.....

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 07:28 PM
link   
East Coast- if nothing else, protesters are letting the world know that some of us see things for what they really are. If I was in that area right now, i'd be marching with them. Although I dont know if I could compose myself.

I'm going to watch
the Republican convention. I like to see who appears and who the traitors are.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join