It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Herman Cain A Political Puppet?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I heard Janine Gerafalo say that Herman Cain was being used by the Tea Party so that they don't seem like racists. Does anyone thing this is true?

Do you think Republicans will turn out in high numbers to vote for a black candidate if Herman Cain goes against Barack Obama?

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by MinisterFortson

That is legit. I have heard numerous people say, "If Cain wins the nomination, race won't be an issue! We need a black man to run against Obama!"
It's ignorance.

Also, Cain is no honest man. Look up his energy scandal with Aquila. He cost his employees their pensions and savings. Cain, Perry and Romney need to be kept as far away from the White House as possible. Also, Cain endorsed Romney previously and supported the TARP bailouts. Let's get a restraining order on these gentlemen.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Do you think it's true?

I, for one don't listen to Janine Gerafalo when I am weighing a political candidate's influence..

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by MinisterFortson
I heard Janine Gerafalo say that Herman Cain was being used by the Tea Party so that they don't seem like racists. Does anyone thing this is true?

And ABSOLUTEKY

Do you think Republicans will turn out in high numbers to vote for a black candidate if Herman Cain goes against Barack Obama?

Of course some idiot like Janine would invent a belief like that. # her.
And ABSOLUTELY republicans would support Cain. I've had this conversation with older white people a lot lately--but democrats believe the theory republicans are racist because they don't like Obama. Smarten up lefties.
edit on 8-10-2011 by capone1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by EagleTalonZ

How many Tea Party candidates are there?

Bachmann, Perry, Cain, Paul.. etc etc...

Yep, the Tea Party has chosen Cain for his skin color

It is legit you betcha!!

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

There's no such thing as the original Tea Party anymore. After being hijacked by the neocons and the floundering establishment Republican Party, the current "Tea Party" has little in common with the original. It's sad.

Herman Cain is a shill for the Fed and a stooge for the co-pted "Tea Party" (ie neocon repubs).

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by robyn

really? What is the current platform for the co opted Tea Party?

What was the platform for the original Tea Party?

Who is the answer, in your opinion to fix the issues that have been the fault of our Federal government?

Me personally, I want someone with zero time in elected office.. I want a leader, one willing to listen to all sides and mediate a reasoned solution.. for me, that's what a President should be.. someone willing to get all sides to compromise and get the country moving forward..

Perry, Romney = more of the same IMO...

That means we should welcome any move to make their preordained path more difficult..

Cain, Paul, Huntsman.. do that right now..

I see bashing on those three as something the preeordained 2 welcome and applaud.. I won't be one to bash the three to help the two...

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn

Perry, Romney = more of the same IMO...

That means we should welcome any move to make their preordained path more difficult..

Cain, Paul, Huntsman.. do that right now..

I see bashing on those three as something the preeordained 2 welcome and applaud.. I won't be one to bash the three to help the two...

Cain is NOT legit. All you have to do is look him up on Google to find all his dirty lil' secrets. The guy is a shill and not worth anyone's time. From his days at the FED, to his support of one of "the two", his support of the bailouts and his massive scandal at Aquila.

If you remain silent about the corrupt sellout businessman, you're basically supporting the other two you claim to be against.

As for Huntsman, I don't know too much about him.

My guy has been consistent his entire time in office though and is the only candidate on either side of the fence who predicted our financial crisis and fighting to get our troops home asap.

As for the Tea Party, Cain is NOT a member of the original tea party. Ron Paul is known as the 'Godfather' of the Tea Party for a reason. Cain, Palin, Bachmann... they jumped on board and hijacked it. That is why there is such a divide between them. Another easily found fact on Google.

The only other candidate running that I would support is Gary Johnson.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   

The republicans will turn out for whom ever the GOP tells them to.

(Even the libertarians will ultimately compromise their position when faced with 4 more years. Perry, Romney, doesn't matter....)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Yes he's a puppet, he was the Chairman of the KC Fed! I wouldn't consider trusting him for one second. He's not a puppet in the sense that you implied in the OP, but more a corrupt mouthpiece for the elite who run the show.
edit on 8-10-2011 by TupacShakur because: TO edit my post

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by EagleTalonZ

So if I absorb what you are saying, only Paul can be considered a Tea Party candidate?

That would actually help me in my decision process..

I am looking for the the best qualified candidate for the GOP, while I would love to see a viable third party option, it doesn't seem to be in the cards this time so I must look at who the GOP nominee will be..

I haven't decided yet.. though I do have enjoyed hearing from a few in the past debates..

I need to hear more, from the candidates.. not from folks spewing the same partisan crap that most of the folks have gotten tired of.. I think that those of us who are tired of the same old same old, are very capable to listen, learn, scrutinize, and decide without the same old trashing of contenders...

That tactic isn't going to fly.. and those using it, only hurt the one's that they support..

IMO of course

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

sorry but cain fits into the same category as romney and perry do in my books...just sayin'...

I was very turned off on cain the second he started hinting in some of his earlier debates and speeches at the fact that he was black, thus we should vote for him simply because he's "the other black guy"...

romney and perry just make me puke....

On another note though...yes...cain would be a political puppet who would be used during his presidency as a federal reserve puppet to achieve even more of their goals and to continue whatever agenda it is that is at play...he has the background for sure...
edit on 9-10-2011 by here4awhile because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Why start the hate on Hermain Caine?

It sounds racially motivated

Some people do not like that he is fully black while Obama is not....

He would be the real first black president..

No he is not a political puppet, he has never held a political office
and the man believes he can help this country, he is a great businessman
that is why the establishment hate him!!!

Stop with the RACISM.!!

edit on 9-10-2011 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Herman Cain was a former fed big wig and now he's all about the common man and tea partying?....I have to say that he is a smart guy but I wouldnt trust him if my life depended on it....but he's surging in the polls. Can't say I saw this one coming. Figured it would have to be Perry after he attended the big conference.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Cain has a very popular radio show, so he has a constant platform and thousands of followers. I actually posted it on my website in July 2010 that Cain would be the guy to watch in the 2012 election.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   
What's a Tea Partier to do? If we don't like a liberal Marxist Kenyan, but we choose a conservative alternative we are racist either way. Sheesh, can't you lefties just give up the race warfare?

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Like, DDDUUHHHHH! They all are! He's just "The Flavour of The Weak".

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn

So if I absorb what you are saying, only Paul can be considered a Tea Party candidate?

It's tricky. When everything came together in 2007 with the 'r3VOLution' and all the ideas about the Campaign for Liberty were founded we began a movement. It's something far different and far more beautiful than what the hijacked Tea Party has done. When Sarah Palin came out and started acting like she was a part of it from day 1, I nearly puked. She was never on our side nor should she deserve the honor of pretending she was one of us. It was always a show for her.

Bachmann came out and endorsed Ron Paul in 2009. Cain endorsed Romney. They just seem to find some ideas that they like or that they can borrow and run with it. For instance, Ron Paul has been calling for the end of the FED for a very long time. Now Rick Perry comes out saying he supports this idea as if it's his own. Cain comes out swinging borrowed Ron Paul ideas. Bachmann is suddenly all about the Constitution despite having supported the Patriot Act. These people are clowns and were not a part of where it started.

If we're going to say that those people are the actual Tea Party, than I want Ron Paul as far from the name as possible. He's the only original and consistent candidate running. I wouldn't support him if he weren't. I'm sick of settling.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Are they not puppets in one form or another? RP is the only guy I can say with some confidence who is not under the control of someone else.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Let's be more neutral. Rather than saying someone is a puppet, I think it's better to say there are plenty of people who accept the status quo.

I think Herman Cain falls into that category. Without having known more about him than what I saw in the first few debates, my first impression as a libertarian minded person who tends to vote Republican was to like him. He seemed to have answers that were to the point, a personality, and practical experience.

Alas, with each thing I learn about him, I like him less. I could care less that he is black (though I guarantee you hardcore GOPers are salivating at the idea of putting a black conservative up there to nullify the race issue somewhat...and anyone who thinks it didn't impact voting in '08 is just naive), but what I dislike about him is his glib comments on a very hawkish foreign policy, his views on drug policy, and most importantly, his position on the Fed.

Cain and Obama are cut from a similar cloth. Both are fascists, though their difference is whether they are right-leaning or left-leaning. Cain will give money to the corporations. Obama to the unions. But neither will begin to look at the systemic problems facing our country, and neither gives a damn about liberty.

And the media won't say anything bad about any of them in a meaningful sense, because the whole race will get caught up in race and what that means. For me, black, white, or any other color, tell me how you're going to get all out of the red.

But we won't have that race because the media doesn't like that narrative.

Is he a puppet? I don't know. But he's not going to change anything. I will say this though, if you were going to pick a puppet, he'd be a damned good fit.

top topics

join