It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm about to register as a Republican.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamseeker

Ron Paul is an old generation Republican. Some commentators have even gotten it right: he's a statesman.

In terms of his candidacy affiliation it reckons with his political philosophy; moreover, it does not harmonize with the status quo. So haphazardly associating his philosophy with a political party (i.e. the contemporary Republican party line) suggests that you're vaguely familiar with Dr. Paul's political philosophy. I mean it's one thing if you disagree with his political philosophy, but it's an entirely different matter when you're simply off the mark in terms of of what Dr. Paul consistently represents. Put succinctly, he does not represent the Republican party status quo as you seem to be implying.
edit on 8-10-2011 by Kovenov because: clarify

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
As much as I love Ron Paul's prospective foreign policy, I've got to admit that pretty much everything in his domestic policy is probably ultimately detrimental. I used to be a supporter but now that I've heard a lot of his economic and social stuff I can't continue supporting him...

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I don't think it matters. Dr Paul has already been thrown under the bus by the GOP and stands no chance of getting the nomination. He isn't Christian enough for the GOP.

His only hope is with the TPM but they seem to be enamored with Bachmann.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by dreamseeker
Republicans are for the wealthy and elite. They try to sell us the whole trickle down theory. I know democrats have some faults as well but democrats are the lesser of the two evils. Republicans are agianst change. Liberal in fact means for change while conservative means the status quo.
For me I think a liberal Independent would be best. I am still looking for someone to run under a humanist or people party; for the people, by the people stance.
Why would you go republican when they area HUGE part of the problem?

You're basing your entire belief system on stereotypes and the bipartisan crap that is ruining the US?

My vote is for anyone that will end the wars, end the fed, make the government smaller and end our ridiculous foreign policy where we send all of our money to other countries. If we did that, we would be able to afford our horribly run social programs.

Millions of civilians in other countries not dying is important to me. Hell, Ron Paul's stance is very humanist, and actually for people...physically making a change instead of just talking about making changes.. especially if we can't afford to make those changes

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Terrorist

Perhaps some of the economic and social issues you disagree with might have been distorted like some on ATS try to do, care to talk about the policies you disagree with and maybe we can get you back on board?

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by jessejamesxx
My vote is for anyone that will end the wars, end the fed, make the government smaller and end our ridiculous foreign policy where we send all of our money to other countries. If we did that, we would be able to afford our horribly run social programs.

Very very true.
Social programs are expensive for sure but I think it's part of well calibrated society.
On the other end, wars and the way the FED is now, is a lot more expensive and NOT part of an ideal society.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
reply to post by IndieA

Good plan. Register with the party that supports the Corporate elite and has declared war on the middle class.

It's actually hard for me to believe that people are actively signing up to put the GOP in charge again! Do they have no memory at all? It's like they think Ron Paul will be King and the party will bow down in his presence and pass whatever he wants. They think he can do all the stuff he wants to do if he only could get the position. Sorry to say that he will be as impotent as Obama is. Maybe more so. But I prefer him on the ballot over any other Republican.

I actually hope Paul does get the position... It will be very interesting to see...

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I think I just gave you a S + F.

Welcome to the Ron Paul revolution.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
We need an old school democrat like FDR. Ron Paul is too conservative for me.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Not sure if you know anything about Ron Paul but I would argue that he's not a typical "Republican".

As he's said himself, the two party system has made it almost impossible for a third party candidate to run as President because of the difficulty involved with getting on the ballot in all 50 states.

And if you think the the Democrats aren't beholden to BIG business, then thats just naive.

As far as the middle class, Ron Paul has been fighting for the issue that affects the middle class the most or what he calls the "hidden tax" on the middle class: inflation.

Since Ron Paul has been attacking the "Federal Reserve", our dollar has lost 40% of its buying power. Since the creation of the "Federal Reserve", our dollar has lost 95% of its buying power. Staggering I know.

As the only candidate who wants to end the war-for-profit industry, you must realize that Ron Paul is not your typical Republican.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by robyn

Florida and many other states have closed primaries thus if you want to support a Republican candidate for POTUS in the Primary one has to be a registered Republican

Just another reason why the two party system doesn't work. Why do people have to go through red tape just to insure their voice is heard?
edit on 9-10-2011 by WeRpeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by GeorgiaGirl

I am conservative, and have friends who are conservative and friends who are liberal. My conservative friends and I believe in self reliance, and that people should be responsible for themselves, with a safety net there for rare instances when the government could help temporarily; however, we believe that people are generally good, and if the government didn't help others out, the community would. For example, my church has many programs to help those in need in our community. Also, whenever there has been a disaster, the churches here have rallied together, sending both necessary supplies and volunteers to help out.

See, this is where we part ways. All evidence has shown me humans don't give a damn about the suffering of others if it is not in front of them. Many people starve now even though there is government assistance. You can go to Las Vegas and see people who literally live in drainage tunnels. I don't see the people of Vegas helping them. As an ugly woman I have the advantage of literally disappearing in social settings. I'm in the room but people speak as if I don't exist. This may not seem advantegous to most people, but you learn a lot about people (a lot you can take advantage of). I hear a lot of wild things from people they wouldn't say in "civilized" society. Most of the time what i hear is that the poor are a "nuisance". I remember listening to a local chapter of the Republican party say that it literally didn't matter if the poor were fed because there were too many of them anyway (the whole "let them die" approach to poverty I guess).

But the truth is there will always be haves and have nots in the system because our system depends on it. Someone is always going to get the short end of the stick. Just hope it isn't you.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere
reply to post by whaaa

Not sure if you know anything about Ron Paul but I would argue that he's not a typical "Republican".

As he's said himself, the two party system has made it almost impossible for a third party candidate to run as President because of the difficulty involved with getting on the ballot in all 50 states.

And if you think the the Democrats aren't beholden to BIG business, then thats just naive.

As far as the middle class, Ron Paul has been fighting for the issue that affects the middle class the most or what he calls the "hidden tax" on the middle class: inflation.

Since Ron Paul has been attacking the "Federal Reserve", our dollar has lost 40% of its buying power. Since the creation of the "Federal Reserve", our dollar has lost 95% of its buying power. Staggering I know.

As the only candidate who wants to end the war-for-profit industry, you must realize that Ron Paul is not your typical Republican.

And that is exactly why I said he has no chance in hell of being nominated by the GOP. The current neocon GOP masquerades as an Evangelical, family values, far Right, make abortion illegal, style of campaigning appealing to who?

I think the only way Dr. Paul can run is with a 3rd party and I just don't see that happening with the TPM as they are just another manifestation of the Republicans pretending to be independent.
edit on 9-10-2011 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia

Originally posted by GeorgiaGirl

I am conservative, and have friends who are conservative and friends who are liberal. My conservative friends and I believe in self reliance, and that people should be responsible for themselves, with a safety net there for rare instances when the government could help temporarily; however, we believe that people are generally good, and if the government didn't help others out, the community would. For example, my church has many programs to help those in need in our community. Also, whenever there has been a disaster, the churches here have rallied together, sending both necessary supplies and volunteers to help out.

See, this is where we part ways. All evidence has shown me humans don't give a damn about the suffering of others if it is not in front of them. Many people starve now even though there is government assistance. You can go to Las Vegas and see people who literally live in drainage tunnels. I don't see the people of Vegas helping them. As an ugly woman I have the advantage of literally disappearing in social settings. I'm in the room but people speak as if I don't exist. This may not seem advantegous to most people, but you learn a lot about people (a lot you can take advantage of). I hear a lot of wild things from people they wouldn't say in "civilized" society. Most of the time what i hear is that the poor are a "nuisance". I remember listening to a local chapter of the Republican party say that it literally didn't matter if the poor were fed because there were too many of them anyway (the whole "let them die" approach to poverty I guess).

But the truth is there will always be haves and have nots in the system because our system depends on it. Someone is always going to get the short end of the stick. Just hope it isn't you.

I think that the problem is that many have become lazy about helping others because we've started to believe as a nation "it's the government responsibility to help those people." I DO see my church (and other churches I've belonged to) working to make a difference in the community. I'm also a member of a women's volunteer organization in my community that works to help in many areas. I've volunteered at the local "soup kitchen", worked at a big community benefit sale year after year, and given my time in numerous other ways that benefit children and families.

Jesus said "the poor will always be with you." He knew that we couldn't win the war on poverty. Communities should step in and help, and I believe communites WOULD. Especially if we could get the government out of the "solve everything" business.

The reason poor are considered by many to be a "nuisance" is because of the entitlement mentality. Look at everyone in the OWS movement who think they are owed somthing. Many people (who have worked very hard) resent that mentality.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

I don't think it matters. Dr Paul has already been thrown under the bus by the GOP and stands no chance of getting the nomination. He isn't Christian enough for the GOP.

His only hope is with the TPM but they seem to be enamored with Bachmann.

Umm, didn't he just win a straw poll and get a standing ovation from a Christian audience in Washington?
Ron Paul wins D.C. Value Voter's Poll
Oh, right...They claim we stuffed the ballot boxes!

Downplaying Ron Paul's Values Voters Victory
Anyway, I just changed my affiliation so I can vote in the Primary.

edit on 10-10-2011 by maddog99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by IndieA

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamseeker

Only the establishment republicans are for the rich. ie:Romney the true conservitives are for the people ie: Paul, Cain. The establishment repubs are true to the NWO crap just like the deomcraps.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by dsgtbeer

I'm pretty sure Cain is for the rich too.

Being that he used to work for the federal reserve and his 666 plan (oops upside down) transfers more of the tax burden on the middle and lower classes.

Oh and the fact that once he started to become popular the msm started to notice him and even imply he would make a good running mate for Romney (their clear choice).

<< 1  2   >>

join