It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm about to register as a Republican.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I currently have no party affiliation and never have but I think Ron Paul is a good guy and I want to support him.

I also live in Florida and would like to show my support in the primaries.

I think if other independents like Ron Paul, they should do the same.

What do you think?
edit on 8-10-2011 by IndieA because: ,

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I should also add I was unhappy with Bush's leadership and I am likewise disappointed with Obama.

I also don’t like the fact that central banks control all the money and government spending is out of control.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by IndieA
I currently have no party affiliation and never have but I think Ron Paul is a good guy and I want to support him.

I also live in Florida and would like to show my support in the primaries.

I think if other independents like Ron Paul, they should do the same.

What do you think?
edit on 8-10-2011 by IndieA because: ,

You are a smart man.
Smaller government and less spending should always be supported.
edit on 8-10-2011 by capone1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
3 cheers for indiea!!!

HIP HIP

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by RelentlessLurker
3 cheers for indiea!!!

HIP HIP

HOOORAYYY!!!!!

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Republicans are for the wealthy and elite. They try to sell us the whole trickle down theory. I know democrats have some faults as well but democrats are the lesser of the two evils. Republicans are agianst change. Liberal in fact means for change while conservative means the status quo.
For me I think a liberal Independent would be best. I am still looking for someone to run under a humanist or people party; for the people, by the people stance.
Why would you go republican when they area HUGE part of the problem?

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamseeker
Republicans are for the wealthy and elite. They try to sell us the whole trickle down theory. I know democrats have some faults as well but democrats are the lesser of the two evils. Republicans are agianst change. Liberal in fact means for change while conservative means the status quo.
For me I think a liberal Independent would be best. I am still looking for someone to run under a humanist or people party; for the people, by the people stance.
Why would you go republican when they area HUGE part of the problem?

Do you mean change like, Obama change?

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
If your for smaller government an less government spending the republican party is not the right choice for you, neither is the democrat party

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Yea it burns me to say it but I too am going to register republican. I really hope that Ron Paul makes it.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
i thought of doing the same thing. but i want too see what happens in new york with all those protest going on. i feel this could change the 2012 elections

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Hi Indy-- I'm from Florida too and changed my registration to Republican for the sole purpose of supporting Ron Paul in the upcoming primary despite my complete disdain for the war-mongering, fear-mongering rhetoric of the Neocon Republican Party. It's easy enough to change party affiliations after the Primary [download form and mail to County Board of Elections).

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Register Independent and leave the door open to all possibilities. As Wilford Brimley would say, "Its the right thing to do".

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
If you are an independent why not just remain so? I have not joined either party because I am an independent (Unregistered). I like Ron Paul, but I have political beliefs that fall onto both sides of the political spectrum, like every Independent....

It is a pointless thing to do anyway.... You can vote for who ever you want. Repub or otherwise....
edit on 8-10-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Booooooooooo

Hissssssssssssss

Capitalist

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr. Strange
Yea it burns me to say it but I too am going to register republican. I really hope that Ron Paul makes it.

Nice job stranger.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Really comes down to choose your poison.

Be more effective than registering so you can vote in the primary. Don't give the coin credence. Both sides of the same coin.

How could you be more effective?

Stay Independent but get some people who are possible RP votes and get them confirmed to vote for RP. Be effective.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by robyn
Hi Indy-- I'm from Florida too and changed my registration to Republican for the sole purpose of supporting Ron Paul

Erm... you know you can support anyone you like regardless of political affiliation, right? You can vote for anyone you want as well, regardless of political affiliation.
edit on 8-10-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by adam76
i thought of doing the same thing. but i want too see what happens in new york with all those protest going on. i feel this could change the 2012 elections

Agreed. This event may seperate the candidates.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by robyn
Hi Indy-- I'm from Florida too and changed my registration to Republican for the sole purpose of supporting Ron Paul in the upcoming primary despite my complete disdain for the war-mongering, fear-mongering rhetoric of the Neocon Republican Party. It's easy enough to change party affiliations after the Primary [download form and mail to County Board of Elections).

Hopefully you are aware of the wars Obama is supporting.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Is Ron Paul the same guy who was talking about cutting social security? There is no way I am EVER voting for him. I am for the little guy, the poor disabled,elderly and homeless. I am only going to vote for someone who is truly trying to make it better for the poor, middle class etc. Voting for another wealthy politican is never going to change! why do you think they are marching on wall st now to change the status quo. Republicans are the status quo! I thought Ron Paul was an Independent?Why would he run on the Republican ticket if he is another right wing consertative religious candiate the he is the wrong person for the job. Besides it is time for a woman to take over; men have screwed it up so let's see what woman can do.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join