It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

7 Predictions For The Year 2011 From 1931 Visionaries

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Hello ATSer's.

I recently read a small article from the New York Times that I thought you might enjoy. The article, from 1931 asks 7 visionaries of the time what they thought the US would look like in 2011 (80 years). Some were spot on, some way off.

Please, enjoy.

The role of government is bound to grow. Technicians and special interest groups will leave only a shell of democracy. The family cannot be destroyed but will be less stable in the early years of married life, divorce being greater than now. The lives of woman will be more like those of men, spent more outside the home. The principle of expediency will be the dominating one in law and ethics.

Article.

ALS
edit on 8-10-2011 by ALOSTSOUL because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Good post ALS

The one thing i did notice looking at that was they all have a sinister look to them.. the one guy near the end looks really strange..

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

I know what you mean. They all have vacant stares and big bushy eye brows. I guess its due to the times.

ALS

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
The people being asked to foresee - were all educated people - I did not see anyone who was wearing labourers clothes - or a person in threadbare clothes.

The people in the article are all men - where are the women? Anyone who has studied the cabal/illuminati/whatever in any depth with see the correlations I am making.

The people in the article knew what was going to happen - they were privvy to the plans that had been put in place before they were even born. No predictions here just TPTB telling us what they were doing.

Much Peace....

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Very interesting article from the times..I'm sure they had a good idea what was going to happen alot of its true and he was off abit on the fifty-eight years i think its 70 now our medicine has come along ways since 1931..Peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Well here are my 7 Predictions For The Year 2091 (80 years from now)
1=
2=
3=
4=
5=
6=
7=

At the rate things are going there will not be anyone around in 2091 to read my predictions anyway

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by ALOSTSOUL

Another interesting "prophetic" Sci-Fi masterpiece is Fritz Lang's 1927 movie "Metropolis".

Before big cities, congested freeways, and the enslavement of mankind the German director produced this ahead of its time epic.

Heres a preview:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   

One can safely prophesy that during the next eighty years this civilization will correct this deficiency by creating an industrial democracy which will guarantee to the worker an equitable share in the work produced by his work.
If only this had come true. The world today would be so much better than the mess we have made of it. Instead we have become slaves to an unjust system that promotes and rewards greed.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Amanda5

Thats a great point and something I didn't even consider. You are right they all look rich, well-educated and the exact type of person/s to be in the "Illuminati".

I'm going to do some research into these men.

ALS

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amanda5
The people being asked to foresee - were all educated people - I did not see anyone who was wearing labourers clothes - or a person in threadbare clothes.

The people in the article are all men - where are the women? Anyone who has studied the cabal/illuminati/whatever in any depth with see the correlations I am making.

The people in the article knew what was going to happen - they were privvy to the plans that had been put in place before they were even born. No predictions here just TPTB telling us what they were doing.

Much Peace....

The funny thing about this is that you complain about there not being any women present. I believe that is an invalid complaint for this specific article as it was 1931, and if you know anything about Western History, women really were not valued very much around those times.

I am not indicating women are inferior or any other chauvinist nonsense, I am merely indicating that it was 80 years ago, close your eyes and think.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Hmm I rather enjoy reading prophecies since it's like the flipping of a coin at times, anyway I am quite curious some of these that seem so common today I wonder if signs showed this in the past? As you look at one that states government would grow as stated by William Ogburn did he see signs of that in 1931? Otherwise it just kind of seems like a given the only one that I would see may not seem so common is the destruction of the government (but we already have enough of those predictions
)

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Predictions, or the outline to a plan? I tend to believe the latter. We are but pawns in a game, but as anyone who frequents a chess board knows, a pawn can bite just as hard as any other subject in the "king's" court. Not a move this country has made over the last century has not been orchestrated by a few.
edit on 9-10-2011 by FugitiveSoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I have to say the one prediction that was totally spot-on in every way was by William Ogburn (except the current US population is double his figure):

www.businessinsider.com...-ogburn-labor-force-will-peak-key-is-efficiency-and-gove rnment-will-grow-check-7

...Technological progress, with its exponential law of increase, holds the key to the future. Labor displacement will proceed even to automatic factories. The magic of remote control will be commonplace.
The countryside will be transformed by technology and farmers will be more like city folk. There will be fewer farmers, more wooded land with wild life.
..Inevitable technological progress and abundant natural resources yield a higher standard of living. Poverty will be eliminated and hunger as a driving force of revolution will not be a danger.

Inequality of income and problems of social justice will remain. Crises of life will be met by insurance.

The role of government is bound to grow. Technicians and special interest groups will leave only a shell of democracy.
The principle of expediency (meaning: www.thefreedictionary.com...) will be the dominating one in law and ethics.

Except for his slight 'giveaway' sounding statement that there would be more wooded land and less farmland (in accordance with georgia capstone ideals about leaving room for nature), he basically seems like a good analytical thinker rather than some evil social engineer. He was a leading sociologist of his time, who studied the different aspects of social acceptance of new technology...en.wikipedia.org...

Personally, I'm all for 'leave room for nature, leave room for nature' but not sure if it's OK to kill off 6 billion living beings for this purpose - I feel many of these men who have helped in these 'humanist' ideals (which are generally more clinical and less emotional) may have had nothing but the best intentions for humankind, and were approaching it in a scientific manner...but as they say, the road to hell is pavedddd with 'good intentions' eh?

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Shaul Mofaz (Antichrist) in the 28 October- 2011 Israeli Prime Minister After the earthquake in

northern Israel(november)- and the dry lake Kinert He is government end of december/ 2012

And by Imam Mahdi or Jesus will be killed In Jerusalem: 21 december 2012

Shaul Mofaz maybe to rule in the 28 october 2011 untill 21 december 2012 and probably aim mayans from this two time is to rule anti christ

On november Saudi Arabia king will be killed - November 6 is the hidden of his death after

starts War powers

On October 20-28, 2011 comet Elenin(C/2010 X1) near Earth and Asteroid yu55 hit in East Asia And reverse rotation of the(10/october /2011 »

Gas Methane
Perfect Alignment Elenin, Earth, Mercury and Venus. During this alignment the Earth will also pass the route of Elenin so when Elenin has a tail with Debris, all the rocks will hit Earth and it could be raining Fire as the Bible tells us !!! By the way, this stuff is all going to happen when the date is 11-11-11 isn’t that cool !!!

- The sun will rise from the West and the vast skies will become red(

America the great volcano in -11 november 2011()

- will begin its activities - eight days out of the ashes

Syria: earthquake in northern Israel

and Syria And its effect on the dry lake Kinert /In November Jordan to take possession of syria/and

after Exit Western from Iraq/ Iraq by the Jordan in January to take possession of/Fighting with

Turkey in December2011/And in February 2012 At one point, some of Sufyani's army will sink

into the ground./ This place will be known as Baidah and will be located either between Makkah

and Madina-volcano alaise

2012- march-11

Jesus in the the

autumn

of 2012 - comes to earth from the sky - to help Imam Mahdi

theadministration of justice in the earth

emam-mahdi-1431.blogfa.com...

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by DragonRain311

Please show me where I complain.
I ask a question.
My question is based on my observations.

You are perhaps the person who needs to think about whether their eyes are closed or open...

Much Peace...

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ALOSTSOUL

William Ogborn with his electron tube apparently did not see the micro chip coming but his other insights are pretty correct down to women in the work force which is common now but even just 30 years ago was not so common.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by fixer1967
1=
2=
3=
4=
5=
6=
7=

At the rate things are going there will not be anyone around in 2091 to read my predictions anyway

You jest but it would probably be a cool thread to ask for others predictions for 80 years from now. With modern health practices most of us should still be here to read if we were correct. (:lol

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by DragonRain311

This article was written only 11 years after women won the right to vote in this country. Not too surprising that no women were included in the survey.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by fixer1967
1=
2=
3=
4=
5=
6=
7=

There will be people around. Evolution is not about to abandon it's greatest success of all time.

top topics

join