It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Thought On Contradictions and Truth

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xtraeme

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/img/mu4e914376.png[/atsimg]

Instead 0 as the additive identity element is both positive and negative (a conjunction). Which is sort of a strange way of thinking to be honest.

That would mean that instead of subatomics
being the building blocks of matter that geometry is.

If the vacuum is really just a neutral, undetectable, combination of plus and minus, then
all matter is nothing more than a ripple in the aether,
and atoms don't move, so much as their lack of vacuum-like balance is being recorded in differing locations through time.

A noun doesn't exist so much as it has a location.

I can imediately see some advantages to this approach. It places all other factors/actors in the context of their relationship to the noun in question.

David Grouchy
edit on 9-10-2011 by davidgrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Xtraeme

that is some very impressive work!

the statistical and fuzzy models will not go far enough in emulating future/goal directed behaviors, which is where the isomorphism of orientation to selection falls short. you have apparently already identified this problem.

without getting too much further in over my head (because much of your technical jargon is above my biologist pay-grade), it looks to me like there is too much "entropy" programmed into your computations. I have recently been giving serious consideration to the idea of syntropy. although it is controversial to suggest such things in the "real world", I think your work in cybernetics is the ideal testing bed.

so then, to bring it all home, the mobius strip of consciousness is formed from the unification of mutually exclusive contradictions (such as entropy and syntropy). it is oriented to the data, meaning that it finds itself in a poly-directional but single-sided domain. it does not select from the data, which implies a single-directional but poly-sided decision making process.

this is why it may be useful to think of consciousness (and truth) as a topology, rather than a geometry.

the billiard ball model doesn't work.
edit on 9-10-2011 by tgidkp because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by davidgrouchy

That would mean that instead of subatomics
being the building blocks of matter that geometry is.

A noun doesn't exist so much as it has a location.

yes. I think the search for internal qualifiers is dead.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join