It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AddictingInfo.org: "Ron Paul: Libertarian? Only When It’s Convenient"

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Looks like you are indeed spreading lies. Even the heads of the NAACP think Paul is a good guy. That has to show you something...

Ron Paul published that news letter - you even confirmed it. That is not a lie. ("barely racist" was the term...)
Ron Paul accepted and did not return a $500 donation from a well known white-power group. This is also not a lie.

I'm simply holding the fringe's golden boy to they SAME standards they currently hold President Obama.

Stings a little, doesn't it?

As for the NAACP? Great, good for them, I'm glad they could could find it in themselves to forgive Mr Paul. Doesn't change the fact that he has a very "interesting" past.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   

If he returned it you would then be saying that he funds the Neo-Nazis because he gave them 500$.

No matter which way the evidence goes, you will be making accusations, almost certainly.

"When you assume, you make an ass out of you and me."

Had he returned the money, this would be a non-issue.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   

"Racism is the enemy of Libertarianism."

You should watch that video you might learn something.
edit on 8-10-2011 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by supermanning

I've got a free dinner at a nice restaurant coming to me from a young left wing loon I know. He saw me and a friend having drinks and appetizers at this restaurant and came over with the same nonsensical BS. I said, "Not gonna happen", he said, "Bet on it". When I told him to put up or shut up he agreed to buy me and my friend dinner there if Ron Paul doesn't win. I will buy him and a friend dinner there if Ron Paul wins. I can hardy wait.

link   

Originally posted by negativenihil

If he returned it you would then be saying that he funds the Neo-Nazis because he gave them 500$.

No matter which way the evidence goes, you will be making accusations, almost certainly.

"When you assume, you make an ass out of you and me."

Had he returned the money, this would be a non-issue.

Obama took money from the Black Panthers, and from Pakistani Intelligence officers.

But where were you to condemn that?

You can't hold a politician accountable for the beliefs of everyone that donates to their cause, that's asinine. If this were the case, we could paint Obama as everything in the book.

Please find something better than highly questionable circumstantial evidence.

If the man is racist, find a video where he says racist things. Racist people can't help but admit their feelings from time to time. Shouldn't be too hard.
edit on 8-10-2011 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

link   
If Ron Paul where really some freedom fighter he would be after Wall Street just as much as the FED.

That said, RP is an interesting guy but a fail all the same... Remember how we got that one downgrade and you all complained so much? You never hear about how RP wanted us to full default, full downgrade across the board. Would they have been making an issue with a full downgrade like they did with 1 single downgrade to our credit? I doubt it.

Sorry folks, Ron Paul is just like the rest.. He promises alot of things he couldnt give even if president because its not in the presidents power.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShogunAssassins
If Ron Paul where really some freedom fighter he would be after Wall Street just as much as the FED.

Nah chasing Wall Street is a waste of time.

If you take out the Federal Reserve Banking system, Wall Street will collapse overnight because they operate entirely dependent upon the fractional reserve banking system in order to succeed.

Without the Fed to back them up, they will all go out of business tomorrow.

So technically, being against the Fed is being against more than just Wall Street, it's against corporate hegemony in general across the board. It's anti-war because the Fed's loans support the wars. Etc etc etc.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Obama took money from the Black Panthers, and from Pakistani Intelligence officers.

Talk about slander!

I'd *love* to see you whip up a non-right wing/fringe blog source for those HAH.

Even if you can - HAH - your argument then boils down to "It's ok, because the other guy did it!"

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

What going after the FED is really about.. It bankrupts America and the world. Guess what, all that money RP has invested in gold and silver mining really pays off then.

You people do more then set up a king in a castle at that point. You all do more then take out the middle class at that point. You make two very clear classes, slaves and rich.
edit on 8-10-2011 by ShogunAssassins because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by negativenihil

Talk about slander!

I'd *love* to see you whip up a non-right wing/fringe blog source for those HAH.

Even if you can - HAH - your argument then boils down to "It's ok, because the other guy did it!"

Actually a quick google will show what I am talking about. In fact, I googled it before I claimed it, just to be safe.

Also, my argument is NOT "It's ok because everyone does it".

My argument is that it is ILLOGICAL to hold a politician to the beliefs of Every Single Person that donates money to their candidacy.

Every human being has different beliefs and agendas, different political ideologies. This makes it impossible and irrational to hold a politician to the beliefs of every single supporter.

Plus you are ignoring the thousands of black, hispanic, asian, and native american voters who send in money to Paul's campaign. What about them? What about their beliefs? Can we hold Paul to their beliefs too?

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

What going after the FED is really about.. It bankrupts America and the world. Guess what, all that money RP has invested in gold and silver mining really pays off then.

You people do more then set up a king in a castle at that point. You all do more then take out the middle class at that point. You make two very clear classes, slaves and rich.
edit on 8-10-2011 by ShogunAssassins because: (no reason given)

We are already bankrupt.
There is almost no middle class left.

How is this Paul's fault again?

You are blaming Paul for the mistakes of the last Administrations?

Wow....

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Actually a quick google will show what I am talking about. In fact, I googled it before I claimed it, just to be safe.

...yet you have failed to even link to even one? Weak, but expected. (SARCASM ALERT - psst, my isp has google too!
- END SARCASM ALERT)

Plus you are ignoring the thousands of black, hispanic, asian, and native american voters who send in money to Paul's campaign. What about them? What about their beliefs? Can we hold Paul to their beliefs too?

Again, like the NAACP, i'm glad there are people who have forgiven Mr. Paul. Heck, odds are a percentage of them may be completely ignorant of the matter - without raw poll data on these people, we'll just never know.

What about their beliefs? Can we hold Paul to their beliefs too?

YIKES. That's subtle and sneaky!

Why *shouldn't* we hold Mr Paul to the beliefs of his minority supporters? Are you REALLY implying they would be any lesser than either of ours?! Personally I'd like to try and assume the best of anyone taking any real active stance in modern politics.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by negativenihil

Dude, give it up. You failed. When the best thing you can grasp at when calling the tea party nothing but welfare junkies (in another thread) and ron paul a racist because of one article put out by one guy working for him in 1992, you fail.

Lets look at what we have now. You have politicians routinely lying about everything they say they will do when they take office, but Paul has routinely stuck to his guns about his libertarian ways for his entire political career and never voted once on an unconstitutional bill, even if he wanted to.

But you have every person who wants stars or to sound smart taking jabs at Paul for LITTLE INSIGNIFICANT nothings like this article and a few "tea party" members having scooters.

No, lets not look at what the people are actually saying, Lets find any and every possible way how this guy might have a tiny bit of Non-direct fault and crucify him for it.

Seriously netgative, you are blowing a black cat up to be a nuke, and fail horribly. All i have seen from you today is bashing people who are trying to make the world a better place.

Not saying Paul is Jesus, but are you going to make a thread next about how Jesus was gay, and/or a woman hater, because he never married? How about MLK being a racist because he gave a white guy a dirty look one day?

Seriously, thats about as great of an argument you can come up with and you can't even decently debate anyone who brings any good rebutal to your argument. its like all you want to do is try to give "witty" responses to your outrageous claims and then talk about how all of it is due to racist-righties and the GOP

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Saying we are bankrupt is not reality, the fear mongering bs you read and post here are not reality.. When you want to talk about reality then i am up for debate, till then keep making up you're own facts with people who will play you're propagandaful game.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Saying we are bankrupt is not reality, the fear mongering bs you read and post here are not reality.. When you want to talk about reality then i am up for debate, till then keep making up you're own facts with people who will play you're propagandaful game.

So 14 trillion dollars in debt isn't bankrupt?

Than what is it? I am interested to hear your terminology.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lynexon

Dude, give it up. You failed. When the best thing you can grasp at when calling the tea party nothing but welfare junkies (in another thread) and ron paul a racist because of one article put out by one guy working for him in 1992, you fail.

Pretty clear to me that this has been upsetting news for some of you. I don't call that a failure. These are things Mr Paul has done in the past, and people need to be aware of it.

Not saying Paul is Jesus, but are you going to make a thread next about how Jesus was gay, and/or a woman hater, because he never married? How about MLK being a racist because he gave a white guy a dirty look one day?

Funny you should mention Jesus. Years ago in the Skunk Works forum I authored a thread wondering if it were possible that Jesus was simply an old school druggie, dosing people on early psychedelics. I'm sure you'll find it if you look hard enough

Edit: Here's the thread! www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 8-10-2011 by negativenihil because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Pretty clear to me that this has been upsetting news for some of you. I don't call that a failure. These are things Mr Paul has done in the past, and people need to be aware of it.

actually the opposite, its pretty clear that its not upsetting anyone........

If this is the best you can do on getting dirt on paul.........hes head and shoulders above ANYONE else including our current POTUS

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   

how about photos of him marching in 2007 with members of the black panthers on the campaign trail...oops.

biggovernment.com...

I guess he didn't see the guy just over his right shoulder, this guy:

ironicsurrealism.com... r-babies-video-transcript/

Racism is a one way street, huh? They didn't say anything about this in that article you read huh?

But back to the issue that lead you to create this thread, you read an article... good for you. Ron Paul doesn't want the vote of people who believe the answer to all their problems lies in more government spending and programs. He feels the government is too large,there are too many programs and departments that are ineffective. States rights have been reduced to the point of being completely subservient and reliant on the federal government, low and behold EVEN blue states

He would like, as would I, to have our federal government start abiding by the Constitution again instead of bankers, lobbyist, and corporate interests.

The article you quoted stated he didn't want to pay for the RED states budget shortfalls, how about the blue?

Here is budget shortfalls by state in 2011 ( I know, another link geez... you've already read your one article quota for the day with that one you put in your original post but stick with me you'll love this!):
www.dailykos.com...

Here is how states voted in the last election:
www.vaughns-1-pagers.com...

Notice something? ALL blue states are in serious budget troubles but in fairness 46 of the 50 states are experiencing budget problems. There are only 4 states that don't have issues Montana, North Dakota, Alaska and Arkansas ALL voted RED last election and the one before that as well. Maybe there is something to this fiscal responsibility thing??

Probably not though...we should just continue on the finical road were on because that's sustainable.

If you like the way our government is run great, keep living the dream! If not there are very few voices in congress and even fewer in the field of presidential hopefuls that advocate for this type of reform, he is one of them.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Funny you should mention Jesus. Years ago in the Skunk Works forum I authored a thread wondering if it were possible that Jesus was simply an old school druggie, dosing people on early psychedelics. I'm sure you'll find it if you look hard enough

Edit: Here's the thread! www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 8-10-2011 by negativenihil because: (no reason given)

No need to look...wow! That statement really gives everyone some valuable insight as to where your coming from.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by bphi1908

Wow, Breitbart is your source?! Did you miss the part where i asked for non-fringe source for this? (Trick question, sorry...)

Nice try though

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join