It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Reagan Was Still U.S. President Would He Now Say:"Fellow citizens,TEAR down this Wall(Street)?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Regan was a badass mofo takin it to the man like that. You think Herman Cain will have awesome moments lke this?

edit on 8-10-2011 by thisisnotaname because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by thisisnotaname
[more

Funny u say this I'm in Berlin ATM and did the wall tour today, and saw the clips from both Kennedy and Reagan... and i thought.. long gone are the days when a US president aactually ever had a speach worth remembering, purely because actual legitimate presidents with legitimate ideas were bought out by corporations.

The western world is in a lot of trouble.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Not hardly.
Reagan was controlled by Wall St. and in particular Merrill Lynch CEO Don Regan, the richest brokerage firm (at the time) in the world.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I wonder if we'd even have half of our current problems if Reagan were still president. This occupy wallstreet has turned into stupidity. I'm fairly certain it will lead to martial law. Maybe the protesters will be rounded up to become the first batch of soylent green.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
No, Reagan wasn't an idiot.

Obligatory line 2.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
You know we can argue the merits of Reagan all day long.......

For or against.........

Thats the wrong thing to be arguing about.........do i think things would be the way they are now? No.....

Would he agree with the OWS , probably not, because hes smart enough to realize that its the law makers and corrupt politicians that are the issue....

You cannot bribe someone who isnt corrupt, therefore cooporations trying to buy anyone is moot.....

HOWEVER i could be wrong.......

Its not whether or not he would have agreed with it so much as the fact......

Reagan...........had a spine........he had guts, and he had fortitude.......

The characteristics lacking anymore in washington , that make a difference between a man of conviction and principle, whatever that might be, and a man of greed and self service.........

You might not agree with Reagan, but there is no doubt that the man would stand up for what he believed in, with integrity and grace........
edit on 8-10-2011 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by thisisnotaname

Wall street is only half the problem, the other half is living in the white house.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Thunderheart

Well, you did much better than most ATS posters. You're half right. Wall St. is not the problem at all.

top topics

join