It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terror On WallStreet. Will History repeat itself?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
On September 16 1920, a bomb went off in front of J P Morgan on Wall Street killing 40 people and injuring 300 others.

At approximately one minute after twelve o’clock, the abandoned wagon’s timer reached zero in the pleasant afternoon sun. A bomb consisting of one hundred pounds of dynamite packed with five hundred pounds of cast-iron slugs violently vomited red-hot shrapnel and destruction in every direction. A number of passers-by were instantly vaporized by the extreme heat and pressure. The blast sent a nearby automobile careening through the air as countless jagged iron fragments ripped through the crowd

The article goes on to say that there were never any arrests made in the bombing and that the case was closed in 1940. They never figured out who did it or why.

With everything happening on Wall Street now, I just wanted to give a heads up to this story and hope that history will not repeat itself here. I hope all the protesters will keep their eyes and ears open and be aware of their surroundings.....

www.damninteresting.com...

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Hopefully, yes, history will not repeat itself. And people should be aware of their surroundings when gathering in these large groups.

"Safety in numbers" does not apply in our particular animal kingdom.

At the same time, I hope the government doesn't step in and try to take away yet another of our rights (to congregate), under the guise of security, that a "lone wolf" might attack the gathering crowds.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Or the government will initiate an attack for the express purpose of taking away our right to assemble under the guise of making things safer for us.

If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a forigen enemy. - John Adams

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Agreed hope nothing will happen. Good find star for you
It has to make you wonder what is going to happen in the end.
99% vs 1% hmm...It is time for some majo changes.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by kennylee

So who is someone to call if they see something, and want to say something? NYPD??? 911?? DHS?

It is very likely that the NYPD will think the protester that reported the item is the perpetrator.

Remember NYPD acts first, and if they want to, may talk later. They are the bullies on Wall Street.

fyi - History has always repeated itself.

I hope it doesn't, but it seems like we are destined to go down faster than the Roman Empire!

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by EyesII
reply to post by kennylee

So who is someone to call if they see something, and want to say something? NYPD??? 911?? DHS?

It is very likely that the NYPD will think the protester that reported the item is the perpetrator.

Remember NYPD acts first, and if they want to, may talk later. They are the bullies on Wall Street.

fyi - History has always repeated itself.

I hope it doesn't, but it seems like we are destined to go down faster than the Roman Empire!

You bring up a very valid question there. Who would one call? Who could you trust to call that wouldn't try to implicate you in the scenario? Very thin line there and a star to you for an excellent question..

I for one do not trust any of them at all....

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   

edit on 10/9/11 by kennylee because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Events and incidents like this is most definitely on the crowd's collective conscious. All camps are self policing themselves in order to prevent items such as this from popping off. Agent provocateurs and all suspicious persons are to be immediately turned over to local law enforcement.
edit on 9-10-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join