It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't believe the polls. Obama is playing a Nixon strategy and sandbagging/low balling

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Don’t believe the current polls that have Obama losing the election to any Republican. Don’t believe the current polls that have him losing to specific Republicans. Don’t believe the “leaked information” from “insiders” that the White House internal polls are terrible. Don’t believe that the White House is in panic.

The administration is currently engaging in a tried and true political strategy, Low Balling or Sand Bagging. This is a strategy that was used most effectively by Nixon and likely enabled him to win his first election.

The strategy is simple. Drive down the expectations of your own election performance. Drive up the expectations of the opponent. Do this while simultaneously working at the grass roots level to generate passion amongst your base and other interest groups. The goal is to drive turnout for the opponent down because folks think he is going to win anyway and drive up the turnout of your base. Weather is terrible? “Oh well, my guy is going to win anyway, so why bother”.

This is the current strategy of the Obama White House. He’s talking about his disappointments, telling us that he knows that we are not better off than we were 3 years ago, indicates that despite his policies, we are looking at a double dip recession. He is creating comfort amongst the Republicans who clearly believe that the “anyone but Obama” notion will win the election.

He is simultaneously stirring up class warfare and racial division within the country to drive up the passion of his base. Speaking in what was close to Ebonics to the Congressional Black Caucus, failing to address the on-going racial violence that is going on throughout the country, hanging on to Eric Holder who is absolutely going to lay off investigating voter fraud and voter rights cases brought forth by whites. He is pandering to the Latinos by opposing both the Arizona and Alabama immigration laws and by pushing the Dream Act. He’s recently begun stirring up the Homosexual interest groups, a group that has been disappointed with Obama. He is out supporting the OWS folks and pumping up the union thugs.

The Republicans are buying it. Hannity, O’Reilly, Limbaugh, Coulter are now consistently suggesting that Obama will not only lose, but will lose in a land slide.

Don’t believe it. Unless the Republican’s get it together and continue to push the notion that this will be a close election, Obama will win. Right now, he looks like he’s flailing, but that is exactly what he wants folks to think.

He’s a brilliant politician and is taking a page straight out of the Nixon playbook.

edit on 8-10-2011 by dolphinfan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
yeah who didnt know he was downplaying himself to make the "victory" look all the "sweeter" and then claim a mandate and its 4 more years of the same.

hence the distraction going on taking the heat off him part of his master plan people if you cant see through the charade going on right now i feeel sorry for them.
edit on 8-10-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I was hoping Obama would put ALL these OWS protesters to work,with "shovel ready" jobs,but alas its not to be. Hes complacently letting things progressively get worse, deflecting all the promises he made,on the working class of America. From failed bailouts,to "fast and furious",no real fixes,to perpetual campaigning that has NEVER stopped,since he took office. Nixon's resigning, is the only comparison,I want to see.

S&F

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

dont worry man winters about it hit and new york?

couple of months and they will fade away

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Its working and the major conservative folks are smart enough to know that he is using this strategy. They are totally supporting it. Why? Because of all of their waving the flag about, they are far more interested in having a President that they can hammer. Drives up the ratings, makes it much easier to develop material for their shows, likely more fun. Clearly they would rather have someone in the White House they can bash than have someone who they supported.

Having a class/race determined election where Obama wins is exactly what Hannity and his boys want.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
well if people vote in Obama for another 4 years who's fault is that really? I mean looking at the GOP opposition field, apart from Ron Paul it's very weak isn't it? Don't blame Obama's tactics, blame the right for not being able to field a credible opposition. Surely with a country that is predominantly conservative, there must be some better candidates out there who can connect more with the American public?

I know Im from the UK and my opinion counts very little on these matters, but just giving an outside perspective.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
all probably a distraction to keep the punters off his Solyndra scam fiasco.

i wouldnt put anything past him

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan

I think conservatives are smarted then the people they might watch for their news sources. All those in the media are just saying the truth,when it comes to Obama. Heck,even liberals are getting on the bandwagon.His own Party is sidestepping him,at every chance they can get.Its not hammering him. This shouldnt be a pity-party for him. Hes made more of a mess,then fix. The majority DIDNT want OBAMACARE,but what did he do? Push it down our throats. The majority didnt think or want more bailouts,but what did he do? More of the same. I see pictures with signs asking Obama to end the wars,bring our troops home. Didnt he campaign on that PROMISE? What is this man doing for our country? Nothing.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

I totally agree with you that he is an absolute disaster and one of the worst if not the worst President's in US history, close to Hoover and Carter. He is, however a smart politician and no serious politician makes comments that would suggest that he acknowledges his failures in an election cycle unless it is part of the strategy.

It is working and if it was not, we would continue to have Tea Party rallys on a regular basis, certainly in response to these low-lifes in the OWS "protests".

There is a momentum to elections and while it is too early to quantify it, within a few months, the Republican's need to get serious and push this election for months to keep the base engaged. Right now they are disengaged, at least compared to a year ago.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan

I don't know.. the level of corruption and number of scandals builds rapidly, don't be confused by Republican confusion ... it's only the primary.

once the candidates are chosen many may pull a 2008 and vote for the opposition just for "change".. Personally I view Obama as one of the most corrupt, I put him on par with Dick Cheney.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
When are people going to get over Obama ?

I not only don't believe the polls, I don't believe in the so called elections.

The elections are merely to waste peoples time in giving them the illusion of choice and choice in the direction of this country.

We have neither.

Obama is CIA as his mother and grandparents were and was he was groomed politically for this role to keep the CIA, the real control in this country, in power.

If Obama is intended to win, which I suspect he will, due to keeping us and our military in Afghanistan guarding the opium crops.

Our votes have little if anything to do with it.

The DIEBOLD voting machines as well as the DIEBOLD systems where the votes are finally tabulated by state will allow him to win and have little to do with the voters.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by nh_ee

when the worst president in us history loses his job

thats when and maybe we will sit there and blame him for the mess for the next 4 years

you reap what you sow.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Perhaps you are right. I do think that there are Republicans waiting on the scandal front, namely Issa and is dragging his feet to have the congressional testimony much closer to the election.

Holder won't go. It is quite possible that Obama is not taking him out to force the Congress to pressure thus creating a "witch hunt" on a major African American and using that political show to gin up the base.

The Soylendra business is complicated, will involve conflicting statements, ambiguous memos and folks will get lost in the BS and lose interest. Folks will either take the 5th or claim Executive Priviledge.

Fast and Furious could potentially have traction, but Holder will stonewall and Napolitino will stonewall and that will go nowhere unless they find a smoking gun.

Ultimately the Congress is not interested in pushing Executive Branch corruption. Last time they were serious was during the Clinton business, but that was mostly due to the sex angle and the moral issues (which were BS). Serious investigation has not really happened since Nixon. Sandy Berger was caught taking Top Secret documents out of the White House, jamming them in his underwear and stashing them under a construction trailer. Not only did nothing really happen to him, he maintained his Top Secret clearance and went on to be the senior advisor to Hilliary Clinton on National Security during the campaign and in that capacity was receiving intelligence briefings.

Nothing going to happen on the scandal front other than potentially some hearings that will only be covered on Fox news where folks look evasive.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Watergate will pale in comparison to Solyndra-gate. The tip of the corrupt iceberg is just now coming to light. When all the Chicago style, backroom deals are aired out...it will be a stink Obama can't hide from. There will be too many people to fall on their swords in the shadows. It will be a political blood bath.

Obama and his greedy cronies, have set back the progress of alternative energy by at least 20 years.
edit on 8-10-2011 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
lol yea right.

every "hope and change" idea he implemented boiled down to throwing billions of dollars at the problem, followed by failure.

the only votes he will get are from idiotic democrats that vote for him out some irrational loyalty to the party.

and whatever those union reps can scrounge up and bus to the polls in the swing states.

new topics

top topics

join