It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Government Accused of Seeking to Conceal Deal Cut With Sinaloa “Cartel”

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   

US Government Accused of Seeking to Conceal Deal Cut With Sinaloa “Cartel”

Lawyers for Alleged Narco-Boss Zambada Niebla Claim Prosecutors Suppressing Evidence By Invoking National Security The criminal case against accused Mexican narco-trafficker Jesus Vicente Zambada Niebla now appears to be threatening to unravel the U.S. government’s ugly national-security interests in the drug war.

Zambada Niebla, son of one of the leaders of the Sinaloa “Cartel,” arguably the most powerful international narco-trafficking organization on the planet, argues in his criminal case, now pending in federal court in Chicago, that he and the leadership of Mexico’s Sinaloa drug-trafficking organization, were, in effect, working for the U.S. government for years by providing US agents with intelligence about rival drug organizations.

In exchange for that cooperation, Zambada Niebla contends, the US government granted the leadership of the Sinaloa “Cartel” immunity from prosecution for their criminal activities — including the narco-trafficking charges he now faces in Chicago.

Source and more to read:

About the Sinaloa Cartel

Visit this Page:

The US American War on Drugs is criminal!

In my humble Opinion it is crazy, the US use-d since more than 40 Years
always the same Tactics without even a little bit of doubt about their practice!

A Deal with a Cartel will always lead into forms of Civil War like we can see in Mexico
at the moment, more than 50.000 People died in the last 3 years alone
and the real damage will be even higher, a total corrupted State and Fear!

The bloody Road starts in Laos and Myanmar, lead into the crisis of Nicaragua
and other Middle American States and found in Mexico the deathly final Apocalypse!

I am not saying that Drugs are good or bad but even in the US the Government need to learn
that "the US War on Drugs" is futile and nothing else than a pure criminal Act,
because there is no way to fight Drug Abuse and the Billions of Dollar created
through the illegality of Drugs
and of course not through business and "deals" with highly Criminals like the Sinaloa Cartel!

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Human0815

This kind of disclosure and public airing of the dirty laundry SHOULD have happened after Operation Just Cause in Panama. There were many of us then that were waiting and hoping Noriega would be given his day in an open court room to speak his side of things. That may have prevented a couple decades of this kind of criminal abuse from Washington.

Now I find myself hoping once again that a man I'd hate under ANY other circumstances is allowed to have his say in open court. This guy could potentially do MORE damage than Manuel Noriega was capable of when we captured him. Here is hoping something comes of this and the Court doesn't allow more of this weak 'National Security' BULL.

This is a Drug Kingpin, not some Russian General or Al Qaeda bigwig. National Security?! If that DOES apply here, then I demand a whole DIFFERENT investigation for just why issues touching on national security ALSO touch on a major leader to one of the world's largest narcotic trafficking cartels??

The truth is out there...and it stinks to high heaven. We need to hear it though, or this country can never begin getting it's house in order and moving into the future with a clean base.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

This is hardly news to me. It's an atypical strategem for prosecutors to offer deals to people to become turncoats on their fellows in order to save their own asses. They've been doing it for years, this comes as no surprise to me. So what are we seeing that is supposed to be new about this?

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

It may be The War On Drugs that aren't controlled by the US Govt.mobsters/politicians.
Clinton through Mena AR airport
Bush through Zapata offshore rigs in the gulf.
IMO the truth may be wilder than most ANYTHING you could imagine.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
This just confirms what was known after the F&F story broke. The US has armed and conspired with a drug cartel. Everyone involved should be tried and if found guilty, jailed.

the question is, how long has this relationship been going on?

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

So what are we seeing that is supposed to be new about this?

1: The Scale, we are speaking about the biggest Cartel ever,
there was and there is nothing bigger than this one!

2: This is the first Time that this Deals are made in the close Neighborhood!

3: The Number of Victims (more than 50.000 in Mexico alone)

4: The devastating effect on a democratic State!

There is more!

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
After reading the article there are a few questions that should be asked:

Who, what, when and how.
Those are the questions as to the nature of what is being claimed in court by this representative of a Mexican drug cartel. But ultimately what I am curious about, is that why did they not get this agreement in writing and have multiple copies made so that way if they ever did happen, to be released to the different news organizations. It would have had dates, times and who all made the agreement, as well as under which presidency that this happened.

Right now the US uses the security clause to hide evidence, and ultimately it hampers both sides of the court case, the prosecution as they can not present the evidence that a jury would believe, and the defense, as it would not be allowed to be viewed during the discovery phase of the pretrial. So they are back to the initial square of how to proceed and allow for a proper defense and prosecution of this person. The courts are also getting to the point of getting tired of being told that they can not view the evidence as it is a means to circumvent the law and due process.

While this person may have had immunity for all drug trafficking charges, however, he does not have immunity for any and all other charges that may come up, such as murder, manslaughter and other charges that they may try to pin on him while he is in custody. So ultimately it will have to be determined how this will go in court and how the judges and juries will rule in this case, as it will set precedence’s for other cases like it.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by illuminatislave

Well, we know F&F was initiated in 2009. Were there other OPs, more than likely, but chances are that whatever proof of their exsitance is now compost.

Before this was the Iran-Contra affair.

It usually takes someone screwing up or actually being honest to bring these thiings to light. Chances are that if the border patrol officer was not killed with one of these so-called tracked weapons, it would still be going on. No one the wiser. His death really PO'ed alot of people.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   

If that was true that he and others were granted immunity, then why the hell is he in jail and on trial?

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Certain elements of The Government of The United States of America seem to be quite content
with the lessons learned from the Al Capone technique and the profits to be made regardless of
the "Valentines Day Massacre" type collateral damage involved.

At least it appears that way.

Great Post! S&F

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   

We should just send seal team 6 in and mop the floor with them. 50,000 people dead at the hand sof one man, he's the next Hitler. Snuff him out i say and let God deal with him.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

We should just send seal team 6 in and mop the floor with them. 50,000 people dead at the hand sof one man, he's the next Hitler. Snuff him out i say and let God deal with him.

It isn't dead at the hand of one man. Most of the killing is done by kids who get a few hundred $ for the deed. Also, most of the bodies are kids as well.

And here's something interesting about cartels, when you remove a boss someone even worse takes their spot and the death count keeps skyrocketing anyways.

We need to solve the problem at it's core, end the drug war, and eliminate any profit the cartels can make.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aliensun

If that was true that he and others were granted immunity, then why the hell is he in jail and on trial?

This is a good question because with this change in the
criminal structure a new chapter of death is opened!

In Mexico there is a lot of Human Supply
and new Gangwars are sure like the Amen in a church!

Later i will Add something about the ongoing Trial,
atm i am on my Telephone, sumimasen o kudasai!

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Documents: Feds allegedly allowed Sinaloa cartel to move coc aine into U.S. for information

U.S. federal agents allegedly allowed the Sinaloa drug cartel to traffic several tons of coc aine into the United States in exchange for information about rival cartels, according to court documents filed in a U.S. federal court. The allegations are part of the defense of Vicente Zambada-Niebla, who was extradited to the United States to face drug-trafficking charges in Chicago.

He is also a top lieutenant of drug kingpin Joaquin "Chapo" Guzman and the son of Ismael "Mayo" Zambada-Garcia, believed to be the brains behind the Sinaloa cartel. The case could prove to be a bombshell on par with the U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives' "Operation Fast and Furious," except that instead of U.S. guns being allowed to walk across the border, the Sinaloa cartel was allowed to bring drugs into the United States. Zambada-Niebla claims he was permitted to smuggle drugs from 2004 until his arrest in 2009.

Source:

ATF Accused in Congressional Report of 'Arming' Cartel for 'War' Through Operation Fast and Furious

The failed federal anti-gunrunning program known as Operation Fast and Furious got so out of control in November 2009, it appeared the U.S. government was single-handedly "arming for war" the Sinaloa Cartel, documents show, even as U.S. officials kept lying to fellow agents in Mexico about the volume of guns it helped send south of the border.

Those shocking allegations are revealed in the latest congressional report investigating the operation. Read more: www.foxnews.com...

US Prosecutors Confirm Classified Information Colors Zambada Niebla’s Case

Prosecutors in the Jesus Vicente Zambada Niebla case on Monday, Oct. 3, filed a motion in federal court in Chicago rebutting the accused Mexican narco-trafficker’s argument that he has been denied access to critical evidence in preparing his defense due to a tardy call by the prosecution for national-security procedures to be invoked in his case.

In their pleadings, prosecutors again affirm the government’s position that there was no immunity deal offered to the accused narco-trafficker or to the leadership of the Sinaloa drug-trafficking organization. The pleadings filed by the prosecution do not address directly why the government is seeking to invoke national-security procedures for Zambada Niebla’s case.

To date, no U.S. media outlet, other than Narco News, has reported on the US government’s effort to invoke national security in the Zambada Niebla case.
Source and more:

Please go to the Fox Source and have a look for the Congress Report,
it is more than interesting!

Normally i enjoy to write more about the Narcopolitic
but since the huge Earthquake and the Fukushima Crisis i avoided
absolute everything from the International Field,
at this moment i am like a Newborn and write maybe something wrong, this i don't like!
I will need a few days until i am back at the top of Information,
in this time i will read more about this specific case!

edit on 9-10-2011 by Human0815 because: spell!

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Operation Fast and Furious Is Just the Tip of the Iceberg

While the burden of providing actionable evidence is on Dutton and Zambada, the burden of justifying drug war collateral damage is on the Justice Department. Mexico's drug-related death toll for the last five years is creeping toward 50,000 people. Guns from Operation Fast and Furious have been recovered not just across northern Mexico, but also in Texas. Those same guns were used to kill not just a U.S. Border Patrol agent, but also the brother of Chihuaha State Prosecutor Patricia Gonzalez and roughly 150 other Mexicans.

If that weren’t bad enough, Mexico Attorney General Marisela Morales still has not been briefed on the supposedly rogue operation by her U.S. counterparts, a fact that lends weight to Zambada’s claim that the Sinaloa Cartel worked with the DEA without the knowledge of officials in Mexico. If the U.S. can’t enforce its own drug laws without first violating them, perhaps it’s time for a new strategy.

Source:

Operation Fast and Furious

en.wikipedia.org...

Operation Fast and Furious Timeline:

Please check the Source, it is Epic:

www.cnsnews.com...

edit on 12-10-2011 by Human0815 because: format

top topics

join