It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Want Pizza? BE CAREFUL!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 03:35 PM
link   
check here Here's whats going to happen when you order food soon.

Do we want anyone knowing all our business?
How do you feel about this?

If you have traffic tickets or warrants be careful.

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I saw that and planned on posting it! So ya beat me to it.

National ID cards.. Scary and so unecessary. We're a breath away from a complete dictatorship.

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
National ID cards.. Scary and so unecessary. We're a breath away from a complete dictatorship.

Guard your personal info. It only makes sense. Are we really only a breath away from dictatorship? National ID cards? Did it mention these in the article? Wasn't some of this hyperbole? If people don't want the pizza parlor to give away your info don't order pizza. Business will get the message sooner or later. Nobody needs your personal info for business cash transactions.

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 04:28 PM
link   
We will start getting off our butts and going to pick up the pizza. Of course, this will probably apply to everything we do after this is in place.

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 04:33 PM
link   
The issue over whether or not to institute a national ID card has been going on for quite some time now. It's perfectly orwellian. The logic behind it is very deceptive and sinsiter. It is part of the plan to move us into a cashless society, which means perfect government control. Every last one of us should call, write, fax, email our representatives and tell them to NOT even think about it. With this limpdyk congress, tho, our calls would probably fall on deaf ears.

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 04:53 PM
link   
That was so funny
Guess you guys in America will get more incidents of normal everyday people takin there semi auto`s to pick up the pizza

Seriously do you think a country of your size will allow this to happen.But you did vote in Reagan and Bush,Guess you guys over there are screwed

[edit on 28-8-2004 by weirdo]

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 04:55 PM
link   
As bad as it looks, while I was listening to it I laugh so hard I started crying, this is hilarious but oh!!!!!!!!!!!So real.

National ID hummm, do I will still have to get one even if I had military ID.

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

National ID hummm, do I will still have to get one even if I had military ID.

absotively. Cute Avatar, Marg.

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
We will start getting off our butts and going to pick up the pizza. Of course, this will probably apply to everything we do after this is in place.

The real conspiracy here IMHO is why do people still buy Domino's Its really just nasty old cardboad and cheese!

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 05:20 PM
link   
There's an excellent but dated book called "The Naked Consumer" that outlines exactly how all of this is done, now, without bothering with ID cards.

Several companies use data-mining of the US census. The information has been transformed into a composite by zip-code, but datamining software can "pull out" your individual income and other information.

Actually the worst is the "store saver" cards for supermarkets. They save you a couple of bucks, but provide information on what you purchase together. For instance, most people who buy bread also buy milk on the same trip, so they put those things on opposite sides of the store, so you must walk by more merchandise, to be impulsed into buying.

We quit using our cards, and filled out phonies, when the following happened: Frau Doktor became pregnant, and we started getting free copies of "American Baby" magazine. How did they find us? When she bought a pregnancy test, and then quit buying tampons and filling her birth control presriptions shortly thereafter.

The "Expectant Mother" and "american baby" magazines even knew when we were expecting, and had articles to match the stage of pregnancy my wife was in. The week after the sonogram showed our first child would be a boy, we started getting "planning for your son's college" promo materials in the mail.

Your doctor gets the info from labs, who also make the info available to marketers. It's even legal. The vendors don't "know" which mommies are having boy or girl babies, but they know the total number of results for a clinic, and can match up your datamined info and figure out how far along the mom is, and figure out which kid will be hers.

When we got home, there was a sample package of "boy" diapers hanging on our doorknob, courtesy of pampers or luvs or whomever.

They started sending ads for minivans about 3 weeks after we found out that Frau Dr. was pregnant again.

Just like when I went to buy some term life insurance last month, the insurance companies all knew my biological mother had died of cancer two years ago, even though we have different names. . .

Big Brother is not the govt. It is the big corporations that already own the govt, and are taking over you next.

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT

The real conspiracy here IMHO is why do people still buy Domino's Its really just nasty old cardboad and cheese!

Absolutely!! And why make that nutter Tom Monohan (sp?) even richer??

But this is apples and oranges. Any info the government collects (and I'm not saying collecting it is ok) would not be shared with the private sector.
YOU provide this voluntarily when you enroll in air miles or other reward based programs, give your e-mail addy to sites etc.

STOP assisting corporations by voluntarily contributing to their data bases in return for cheap trinkets.

edit: doc strangecraft beat me to it and said it better

[edit on 28-8-2004 by deevee]

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT

Domino's IS cardboard. cheap eats! But they are going to implement this system nation-wide.
Scary.

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 07:03 PM
link   
*packs up the locusts and wild honey, throws on her sheepskin and heads off into the desert, politely giving civilization the middle finger*

[edit on 10/2/2004 by esther]

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Esther- hold on! I'll come with you!!!!!

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I don't understand the fear over a national ID card... I already have a State driver's license, a national SSN card, a birth certificate, a high school transcript, and a college transcript. Isn't it just another form of ID? Just another card you'd have to carry in your wallet?

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 02:12 AM
link   
oh man, the link won't work. i think i get the idea though. i was just curious about reading it cause i work at a pizza place.

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 02:43 AM
link   
SSN's are outdated imo. I don't see the reason i need one other than you could get my DOB if you had it.

dr_strangecraft the same stuff is happening right now to my dad and me. For me i'm in college so now i'm getting bombarded with credit card offers and he went to refinance the mortgage, and did, to something like 4% or lower, and we still get a bunch of calls trying to lower our interest. I think its amusing to talk to them though. then you say well can you beat 4% and theyre like uhhh no.

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Well over in Britain the kinda people working in our nearest pizza hut have enough difficulty getting the address correct and delivering the thing.Give them access to this info and that l hope will at least get the order right.

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by weirdo
That was so funny
Guess you guys in America will get more incidents of normal everyday people takin there semi auto`s to pick up the pizza

Seriously do you think a country of your size will allow this to happen.But you did vote in Reagan and Bush,Guess you guys over there are screwed

[edit on 28-8-2004 by weirdo]
and you, dear, have Tony Blair.

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Cant wait to go underground.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join