It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Buy a Missile Silo!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I'm sure you guys have seen something like this before. I think its really cool!

www.missilebases.com...

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic911

Pretty cool.

But the prices are pretty steep, especially in a buyers market.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
This is the most AWESOME thing i have ever seen i now have a back up plan if shtf i am a little over 70 miles from the Adirondack site and i frequently visit the area. end of the world comes you can guess where i will be. I wish i had the money so i could buy it now i mean who doesn't need a house that could survive a direct nuke hit!!

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I think this is a really cool and good idea. I do have one concern though. Most of the underground facilities were built 1960-70. During which Old Russia was doing the same. So the government knows a good percentage of the facilities built by Russia and the locations. Do you also think that Russia may know the same information about locations built here? If the worst scenario happen, what if they started shooting missiles at these locations even only half the locations. With nuclear or bunker busting technology? Just a concern and question I was thinking about.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Immune
This is the most AWESOME thing i have ever seen i now have a back up plan if shtf i am a little over 70 miles from the Adirondack site and i frequently visit the area. end of the world comes you can guess where i will be. I wish i had the money so i could buy it now i mean who doesn't need a house that could survive a direct nuke hit!!

Isn't it awesome! I wish I had the money too! Let's pool some cash...I'm in! I'm from NY too, we should do some urban exploring sometime. Lots to see in NY!!

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

Pretty cool.

Yeah, that one in NY is like 4.6 million!

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I just sold one I had purchased site unseen in craigslist... Reason being... When I went to bug out because of Alex Jones talking about Magog-War starting 3 months ago... It still had a old mX in it... So I had no room for my UFO

Mr X-ULTRA/FLIPPER... No worries
... I still made a profit by selling it to a really nice Chinese guy who voted for Jimmy Carter... He had to be peace loving & trust worthy... RIGHT
... Who cares... His check cleared..."I" drink martinis... with a SALT rimmer in my S-4 tiki bar... That's also now... the happening Galactic hot spot

edit on 8-10-2011 by CosmicWaterGate because: FAT FINGER pre-cog Spell checker mistake

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicWaterGate
I just sold one I had purchased site unseen in craigslist... Reason being... When I went to bug out because of Alex Jones talking about Magog-War starting 3 months ago... It still had a old mX in it... So I had no room for my UFO

Mr X-ULTRA/FLIPPER... No worries
... I still made a profit by selling it to a really nice Chinese guy who voted for Jimmy Carter... He had to be peace loving & trust worthy... RIGHT
... Who cares... His check cleared..."I" drink martinis... with a SALT rimmer in my S-4 tiki bar... That's also now... the happening Galactic hot spot

edit on 8-10-2011 by CosmicWaterGate because: FAT FINGER pre-cog Spell checker mistake

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
You can see some interior photos of that one if you go to:
www.silohome.com...

Last year it was for sale for $2.3 million. Guess the price has gone up. That one is Silo 556-8, in case you were curious.

There are a total of 12 Atlas-F missile silos in the area.

Silo 5 is currently in the process of being renovated. You can find pictures of it at:
www.siloboy.com...
and more photos right here:
www.nesilos.com...

Silo 1 is also currently privately owned but is mostly flooded. More information can be found here:
www.killerjeanne.com...

And finally, if you'd like to see all of the missile silos in the United States, you can download my little Google Earth addon right here:
www.4shared.com...

Everything is categorized so you can turn different types of bunkers and silos on and off.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by FoxFlyBi

Good point, but the military on both side would also know that they are un-used and therefore not a military target.
Waste of a nuke!!!

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I like the AT&T hardened long line sites.

Most in Calif i know about because i serviced generators for a few years under contact for AT&T.
www.drgibson.com...
www.thecentraloffice.com...

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by waveydavey

Good point, but the military on both side would also know that they are un-used and therefore not a military target.
Waste of a nuke!!!

The brochure states the silo will take a direct nuclear strike! Awesome! lol

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

Pretty cool.

Price has dropped to 750,000 for this one, which isn't that bad really.

The same one quoted a couple posts ago, with the other thread, here is a video walk through...

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Imagine somebody buying that and an earthquake destroying it. What an Epic Fail!

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by allenidaho
You can see some interior photos of that one if you go to:
www.silohome.com...

Last year it was for sale for $2.3 million. Guess the price has gone up. That one is Silo 556-8, in case you were curious.

There are a total of 12 Atlas-F missile silos in the area.

Silo 5 is currently in the process of being renovated. You can find pictures of it at:
www.siloboy.com...
and more photos right here:
www.nesilos.com...

Silo 1 is also currently privately owned but is mostly flooded. More information can be found here:
www.killerjeanne.com...

And finally, if you'd like to see all of the missile silos in the United States, you can download my little Google Earth addon right here:
www.4shared.com...

Everything is categorized so you can turn different types of bunkers and silos on and off.

Cool thanks.

Do you have an addon for all the underground bases too?

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
There has been interest from a Mr Augustus Cochrane in buying a silo, he apparently has some mad idea of building a faster than light warp engine and raising a family.

good luck to him

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I would LOVE to own a missile silo! I would empty out the missile shaft and use a combination of natural and artificial light to grow a tree at the bottom, with its own little mini park bench and stream with moss and ferns. That would just be awesome!!!

Gotta win the lottery first though.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71
I would LOVE to own a missile silo! I would empty out the missile shaft and use a combination of natural and artificial light to grow a tree at the bottom, with its own little mini park bench and stream with moss and ferns. That would just be awesome!!!

Gotta win the lottery first though.

I think it would rock! Heck of a plan Darkblade!! Turning a nuclear missile silo into a tree of life would be the ultimate green irony....love it!

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic911

Originally posted by waveydavey

Waste of a nuke!!!

The brochure states the silo will take a direct nuclear strike! Awesome! lol

How would you be able to fight against that guarantee??

Good luck trying if it doesn't protect you from a direct nuke hit!!

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

The asking prices should drop after nothing happens on Dec 21 of this year (Mayan Calendar). The one in NY that had a "drastic price reduction" from $4MM to $750K was previously priced at about $2MM (false advertising)...still a big drop tho.
edit on 2-2-2012 by CosmicCitizen because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join