It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Steve Jobs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Im going to keep this short and sharp.
People keep going on about how amazing he was and what he did for the world. STOP THERE

the man had more money then the united states government.

if i (and i assume almost everyone on ats) had that much money
i would have done a lot better things for the world then some piece of crap technology sold at inflated prices.

the man had the power to solve some of the worlds biggest problems like poverty

but hey steve, thanks a lot for that materilastic crap

praising steve jobs is no better then praising the owners of monsanto and exxon oil

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by UniverSoul

How many stars and flags have you tallied up off the death of a man so far? This is your 3rd Steve jobs thread I think? I find your lack of respect for the dead distasteful to say the least

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Atzil321

How many stars and flags have you tallied up off the death of a man so far? This is your 3rd Steve jobs thread I think? I find your lack of respect for the dead distasteful to say the least

oh get over it people die every day, 2nd but thats irrelivant
distasteful?
i think distasteful is what i described in the thread
people are hailing him like a god
the man did nothing important

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   

I agree on some level....Jobs was an innovator but he allocated all the jobs to China where the employees were HIGHLY underpaid...treated like slaves...and suicides were a daily occurance. In my opinion he did things to advance technology but was not a humanitarian for his slaves. God doesn't like evil my friends.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

While I do not believe the guy was a saint, he was not as bad as you say. He actually gave a lot to charity. Even bono praised his generous private donations.

As a founder of (Product)RED, I’d like to point out that Apple’s contribution to our fight against AIDS in Africa has been invaluable. Through the sale of (RED) products, Apple has been (RED)’s largest contributor to the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria — giving tens of millions of dollars that have transformed the lives of more than two million Africans through H.I.V. testing, treatment and counseling. This is serious and significant. And Apple’s involvement has encouraged other companies to step up. Steve Jobs said when we first approached him about (RED), “There is nothing better than the chance to save lives.”I’m proud to know him; he’s a poetic fellow, an artist and a businessman. Just because he’s been extremely busy, that doesn’t mean that he and his wife, Laurene, have not been thinking about these things. You don’t have to be a friend of his to know what a private person he is or that he doesn’t do things by halves.
He and his wife were involved in a lot of charities, you would know that if you took a minute to do a little research, rather than talk ill of the dead

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Atzil321

While I do not believe the guy was a saint, he was not as bad as you say. He actually gave a lot to charity. Even bono praised his generous private donations.

As a founder of (Product)RED, I’d like to point out that Apple’s contribution to our fight against AIDS in Africa has been invaluable. Through the sale of (RED) products, Apple has been (RED)’s largest contributor to the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria — giving tens of millions of dollars that have transformed the lives of more than two million Africans through H.I.V. testing, treatment and counseling. This is serious and significant. And Apple’s involvement has encouraged other companies to step up. Steve Jobs said when we first approached him about (RED), “There is nothing better than the chance to save lives.”I’m proud to know him; he’s a poetic fellow, an artist and a businessman. Just because he’s been extremely busy, that doesn’t mean that he and his wife, Laurene, have not been thinking about these things. You don’t have to be a friend of his to know what a private person he is or that he doesn’t do things by halves.
He and his wife were involved in a lot of charities, you would know that if you took a minute to do a little research, rather than talk ill of the dead

a lot of super rich people give to charity, but this doesnt justify them at all
they support the very system that puts these people in poverty
and how hard would it be to give a few million here and there if your making billions

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I algree , and he could have at least improved better quality on the back of the ipod touch , i mean that thing scratches so easily , its annoying .

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Apple has more money than the US, not Jobs.

As pointed out, he actually was quite charitable. Sure, the rich do this for tax breaks, but he went above and beyond what was needed for that.

He was an incredible innovator, true, but no, not a saint.

I'd also recommend doing some reading on pancreatic cancer...I'm sure his last few years were no picnic...maybe that would lead to a little more sympathy for the guy...

top topics

join