It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9.6 Earthquake in Oregon dream

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Never said that it was a prediction. Just had an odd dream and wanted to see if anyone had experienced something similar.

I don't know anything about dream interpretation, so if anyone could shed some light on the significance of the river covering my road in the dream, I'd appreciate it.

Not sure about it being a "hit". I don't really know much about prophetic dreams. Like I said, I had a couple when I was younger (a child) but they were obvious to me without being exact, if that makes any sense. One was someone being stabbed and then they were really stabbed less than a year later. Although not in the same place or circumstances as in my dream.

When I was younger I also had a couple of "flashes". Not sure how else to put that. I saw flashes like scenes from a movie in front of my eyes while awake. Once was something that was happening at approx the same time as I saw it, then many years later I saw one of something that happened about a month later. I also had a lot of instances of thinking of someone right before they called or came to my house. Usually people that I had not seen or spoken to in quite a while. I didn't care for it. I still don't. Just the thought of it bothers me.

When I visit ATS, I usually check out things that may be related to my area or something interesting that catches my eye, but I tend to steer clear of the paranormal posts. I am interested in quakes but really center my attention on anything in the Arkansas area (where I live). Which is why I posted this. I know that in my dream the quake was in Oregon, but it also seemed to have an effect here at my home. So, if anyone can interpret that and let me know if it is something to be concerned about, I would appreciate it.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by moonleaf

Everyone is naturally intuitive, some people seem more natural than others though. I can relate to your posted experiences, the movie flashes are how I have gotten premotions before but thats rare, usually right before something would go wrong, I would have it flash in my head. Almost like a black and white movie.

I spent quite a few years working on my own intuition after several such instances in my life made me start to think I might be a bit more intune than a lot of people. These are strange abilities though, it is very hard to "control" such experiences. (allowing them to happen is a much better way of putting it really)
I became a medium eventually,which was not at all what I was expecting.

A naturally intuitive person can blossom into a "psychic" if they take an active role in increasing their awareness,through meditation, reflection and trial and error. The most important thing to ever remember is "know yourself". That takes lots of work.

I had lots of small premonitional dreams when I was into heavy meditation. Simple things, like dreaming about and then waking up in the morning and finding my son of 2 at the time, breaking eggs in the kitchen on the floor.

The more you explore your inner-self looking for what these abilities are, the more they will manifest themselves to you and about you.

edit on 17-10-2011 by Darkblade71 because: typonese

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Moonleaf,

I to had a dream about a major EQ on the west coast. Northern California to be exact .I was looking out over the rubble into the water and saw hundreds of bodies submerged. My eye cought a small child in the fetal position clutching a pink teddy bear. I then found myself walking along a fence row in the rain and mud and looking off to my right I saw what was left of a road and farm buildings, they were mostly under water. I was walking with a black three legged dog about the size of a small lab. I looked back and there was a young girl about 8 years old running through the field to greet me with more news. When she spoke I woke up. Never did get to hear what she wanted to tell me. I did turn on the light and write this one down. It was very vivid , I even heard my foot steps as I walked through the mud and I heard seagulls when I was by the coast................

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Well.umm.. Oregon Huh. The closest I see is Mount Shasta becoming a volcano.But I have relatives in Portland Oregon so I will contact them and ask if they "feel" anything?
As for the tv coming on, it may have been your computer, Mine turns on by itself every few days if I don't unplug it.When this happens I need to change all of my passwords again.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Remembered this post after seeing all the earthquake posts today. Saw a post where a former geologist was predicting a major west coast earthquake for this week.

We are having a lot of flooding where I live right now, which was a feature in my dream. Not sure if it is related or not. Just hope all is well out west!

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

i told myself i wouldnt post about this, but..... seeing others on this site in oregon i now feel i ought to.

i live on the west coast in oregon, yesterday morning i was feeling that intuitive feeling like something was about to happen, found myself searching world news online repeatedly bout every 20 min checking for updates, i been in that situation before so i knew something of significance was about to occur, im only referring to gut feelings so if those dont interest you my post isnt for you.

then the mega quake hit mexico, i thought that must be it, i was already aware of the 188 day theory and had even been telling a few close friends that if it is real then the next one would be that day so when i saw the mega quake news it gave me chills, simultanously that thread about the man who created his own wings poped up, seeing that thread got me thinking about one particular friend of mine who has a strong affinity for birds, i called him up just to tell him about the wings so he could check em out,

during our conversation he told me he had a dream last night in which he was warned that he needed to tell ME that i NEED to move away from the coast within 6 months,

he didnt at that time know any significance to the time span of 6 months, but 6 months from the moment he had that dream would be september 20th 2012, 188 days from the march 20th mexico mega quake is september 24th.

so at this point i got chills, looking back on the whole sequence of events of that day leading me to hearing that from my friend whom i rarely even speak to anyway as he lives over 100 miles away, i cant help feeling like it is providence or some form of warning meant for me,

i guess what im saying here is through some vague coincedences mainly revolving around a dream my friend had i think oregon will experience its strong quake on or near september 24th. making it apart of the 188 day cycle.
edit on 3/21/12 by pryingopen3rdeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by pryingopen3rdeye

Dang. Thats pretty freaky!

What are you going to do? Are you able to pick up and move..and if so...where would you move to?

What city is safe? Thats where my thoughts take me and I begin questioning. Also.. Oregon is waaaaaay toooooo close to Yellowstone and I really do wonder when it will awake.

I also want to add. When I was having vivid dreams about flooding water and saving my daughter years ago it was because I was emotionally drained from the stress. I read up on it and just did again and it does say that rising water can also indicate a rebirth or a new phase of life beginning apart from being emotionally overwhelmed.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

decided i'll be vacationing inland when that week comes around,

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 03:59 AM
link   

That was a pretty frightening dream you had there, OP!

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 05:13 AM
link   

If a 9.6 hit the area near where the 6.9 hit, you're talking massive tsunamis hitting the Oregon, California, and Washington coasts, along with a high probability that volcanoes like Mt. Shasta, Mt. Lassen, Medicine Lake, and Three Sisters potentially going off.

See, what happens in that specific area is that Pacific Plate subducts underneath the heavier North American Plate. When something like a 9.6 occurs, great masses of lithosphere, as well as millions of tons of water are forced under the American Plate. When you combine this amount of matter and especially water into magma wells underneath volcanoes...well, kaboom.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Interesting considering this just came out this week- www.latimes.com...

I have a sister in Portland so I really hope this doesnt happen

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   

moonleaf
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

I do not spend a lot of time on ATS. I visit from time to time. I do have an interest in earthquakes since we have had swarms in Arkansas. But I don't know anything about Oregon. I have never been there and I am not very familiar with earthquake activity there other than there are usually dots on Oregon on the USGS website.

The dream struck a chord with me. Hopefully it was just some subconscious thing and not prophetic.

The seismic activity in the western United States is very, very interesting. It is also prone to severe disasters. If you look it up, you will find stories from the past several centuries of 100 foot high tsunamis hitting the Oregon coast.

Here is why:

As depicted are the major fault lines running along the western United States. The major and obvious one is the San Andreas, which crosses through California and then proceeds up off the coasts of Washington and Oregon. This is where the nonsense about California slipping into the ocean comes from. Geologically speaking, if the North American plate were a subduction zone, and dipped under the Pacific plate, this would be possible. However, almost all the time, the lighter Oceanic plate (Pacific) dips under the heavier, denser plate (North American plate).

HOWEVER, the San Andreas is a transverse fault line, meaning there is very little vertical change (Aside from mountains changing shape). Instead, in a transverse fault line, the two plates glide, or more rather, grind against each other in a side by side motion. Generally, these types of earthquakes are lesser magnitude than subduction zones, which brings us to the areas of Northern California (Far north) and the Oregon and Washington coasts.

As you can see in the diagram, there are several sub-faults to the North East of the San Andreas. The main one known as the Juan De Fuca plate (which includes the Blanco fracture zone). Ever wonder why all those volcanoes from the tip of Northern California all the way to Canada are there? It is because the Juan De Fuca plate is a SUBDUCTION zone. That part of the oceanic lithosphere, ever so often, dives under the North American plate. What this does, is it not only injects magma under the North American plate, but also millions of tons of water. This caused these volcanoes to form. Whenever there is a major earthquake on the Juan de Fuca, it not only has the potential to create massive tsunamis that are right off the coasts, but the injection of lithospheric material and water create, well, imagine combining super hot silica (magma) and arctic cold water...big boom. This is why these volcanoes erupt, most of the time.

Which brings us to today. There was recently a 6.9 near the lower edge of the Juan De Fuca, in fact right at the junction of the Mendocino fracture zone and the beginning of the Juan de Fuca plate. This raises concern because if another were to hit there, it is possible that a local volcano that has been known to be relatively active, could erupt. Ever seen Mt. Shasta erupt? That would be the most likely event, if additional earthquakes were to take place, imho.
edit on 14-3-2014 by 1Providence1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   
FYI, the OP is from 3 years ago.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Guys, we have a significant increase in 4-6 mag quakes for the past few days. Check out this article here >>> theextinctionprotocol.wordpress.com...

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Last night I had a brief dream where I saw a news post that simply said 9.6 predicted in the Pacific.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   

edit on 14-4-2014 by captaintyinknots because: errant comment

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by amenselah

That is most disconcerting.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   
There was a 6.7 quake at the Juan de Fuca plate boundary's northern area today, near Vancouver Island....

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join