It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9.6 Earthquake in Oregon dream

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Skippy1138

Dreams often don't seem to make sense.

Why dis the OP?

Uncalled for IMO.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Yep have to admit that bit did make me chuckle too the tv turning on by itself, no OP your dream is just a dream you are reading too much scary stuff although i have no doubt there will be major quakes but this one is just a dream

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   

I know that tvs do not work that way. Just giving details of my dream. It was odd for me. I usually don't have dreams like that.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by moonleaf

Fair enough.....

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
In the early morning,.about 4am on September 11, the day the towers were destroyed,.
I had a dream of burning hills, with lots of white crosses signifying graves,. I could see
lots of smoke everywhere,. Then I woke up in a sweat with a tears in my eyes,.
My wife heard me say something but didnt know what, thats when I woke up and told her
what it was I saw,. It kinda freaked me out.
So did the usual morning thing and went to work,. but this day I was in downtown Chicago
(I was doing some work for Com Ed) When the news came over the radio about the towers
and the other two crashes I was starting to think about that dream.

I have had many since then and some have kept me outta trouble
But on the otherside of that,. If your mind is here on ATS alot and the DOOM that
runs rampant,. your subconcious can become obsessed with it,.
Ya just never know,.
My most recent dream of an earthquake involved the numbers 11 and 26

edit on 10-10-2011 by Lil Drummerboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

I do not spend a lot of time on ATS. I visit from time to time. I do have an interest in earthquakes since we have had swarms in Arkansas. But I don't know anything about Oregon. I have never been there and I am not very familiar with earthquake activity there other than there are usually dots on Oregon on the USGS website.

The dream struck a chord with me. Hopefully it was just some subconscious thing and not prophetic.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by moonleaf
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

I don't know anything about Oregon. I have never been there and I am not very familiar with earthquake activity there other than there are usually dots on Oregon on the USGS website.

here is a good example of oregons earthquake activity,

a screenshot of usgs map at this very minute

as you can see, dots all around oregon but only a couple actualy in oregon, if you understand tectonic plate movement then you will know this means a building of pressure,

this is typical of oregon, always very quite earthquake wise in comparison with the surrounding plates, many experts believe oregon has a very strong quake in store for it, of course, they can never hazard a guess at when, tomorrow or next century,

but they have averaged out the large earthquakes oregon has experienced to a time frame and we are beyond it, so they say we are overdue for a big one,

i am in oregon,

i am on the coast

i am only a few blocks from the pacific......

Originally posted by steve95988
bring it on i say! sounds fun!!
dreams do come true,.......

your post is extremely insensitive i highly doubt but strongly hope you live near the pacific in oregon, if your gonna encourage destruction then you ought to be in its path, else your just a (insert thousands of insults here)
edit on 10/12/11 by pryingopen3rdeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   

wow

there was was just a M6ish

are you psychic??

where next?

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignant

wow

there was was just a M6ish

are you psychic??

where next?

USGS says it was a 5.9.

earthquake.usgs.gov...

She's not exactly psychic if she predicts a 9.6 Earthquake and a 5.9 hits. lol, BIG difference.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
And thats a hit I would say.

Unless the EQ off the coast of Oregon is just a precurser to something larger.

Often times I have found that premonitional dreams and visions actually appearmuch WORSE than the actual event.
I dunno why that is.

But this is about as close to a good dream premonition as one can get.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Well I'm glad there is a few of us paying attention to these prophetic dream.

I just thank here for warning us at head of time.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71

Unless the EQ off the coast of Oregon is just a precurser to something larger.

Often times I have found that premonitional dreams and visions actually appearmuch WORSE than the actual event.
I dunno why that is.

But this is about as close to a good dream premonition as one can get.

So you're saying someone predicted a 5.9 earthquake?

So what?

5.9 earthquakes are irrelevant for the most part, they happen all the time.

Also, I don't remember the lady giving a specific date.

Just to remind you, she predicted a 9.6 quake, do you have any idea how powerful a 9.6 quake is? She predicted something completely catastrophic, when in reality, nothing like that happened.
edit on 10/13/2011 by Diplomat because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
It is what it is man.

Location was correct. Mag was not, but then, like I said, premonitions and visions of events are often magnified in the mind to seem worse.

I think the fact that it was a dream, so no date could be given,and it was posted on 8-10-2011 which was only a few days ago,and the location is correct is much better than most of what I have seen on ATS, and the dreamer wasn't sure about it either,so, it is what it is, can be dismissed or taken as a see, there is something to some dreams....

All I hope at this point is that this moderate EQ is not a precurser to a much larger EQ that we all know is coming sooner or later, and that my friend is a fact.

Lets just hope that what the dreamer saw does not come to total reality,and is just a case of an amplified premonition as I call them.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Mag was not even close and she gave no date.

Moderate sized quakes happen along the west coast of the U.S. all the time.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Diplomat

stop trolling get outta here, she just posted her dream some members have remarked at how odd it is that one occurred this same day, and your only here to tell them its nothing ignore it shes wrong its not significant? whats your purpose? whats it matter?

above 5.0 is not common for oregon at all, they have had a few this year and last, but before that, zip.

this isnt California with a 5.0 every day mang.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Reverse of 5.9 is 9.5, wonder why no one mentioned that. Seems quite close to me.

5.9's happen often? OK, do they happen every 4 days?

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   

this forum area is for dreams and predictions, not necessarily both

the OP said she dreamt of a 9.6

she didnt say she predicted a 9.6 or anything for the matter. she was just sharing her dreams and possibly some concern, it seems from reading the op.

so i dont see why some people posting, are fixated on the most recent significant OR quake being a 5.9 so far and that her 'prediction' was wrong.

its a rhetorical expression for the most part - "are you psychic??" gosh

edit on 13-10-2011 by ignant because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Vivid Dreams like the OP had can be taken many ways.

Most of our dreams never come true as a prediction.

Our subconscious mind works and never stops working so when we are asleep it is easy to release negative thoughts through our dreams.

When my daughter was a toddler she was B.A.D!!!
I mean..... BAD and I had dreams all the time of me trying to save her after I went to sleep at the wheel and drove the car into water. It was always the same. I knew why I was dreaming this over and over again because I needed to get a handle on my emotions and not allow her little self to get me all worked up.

I had several vivid dreams about Tornadoes twisting around my neighborhood everywhere, never could figure that one out. I sometimes think the neighborhood we moved to last year relates because I can look on top of the hill (where I saw two in my dream) and if you take away the trees and homes it looks just like my dreams. I have decided to just....remain alert.

My Grandmother is a prophetic dreamer. She knows them so well she can analyze them in a way that is jaw dropping. Lately she has not had anything in relation to doom, however the OP may. Before we go dismissing such dreams as this one I think one may just want to keep quiet and be alert. Nothing more, nothing less.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

This recent quake off Oregon is actually bigger then normal.

One thing that concerns me is the fact that there has been no aftershocks......

Foreshocks often occur before bigger quakes, and usually have no aftershocks of there own.

So there could be something to this........but lets hope not!

P.S.........I replied to the wrong post...Sorry mama j

edit on 13-10-2011 by radpetey because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71

Agreed. As far as predictions from dreams go, the actual event is never identical to the dream event. They usually have connections just like this dream did to the actual event. As someone else said, the dream event is usually in an exaggerated form.

It's definitely a hit.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join