It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South Texas, 1997: Green Berets attacked by Mexican narco-mercenaries

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by GrandpaDave

It's almost like TPTB are leaving our southern border open just to incite a military action with Mexico...

reply to post by dezertdog

Here's my take on why tptb have ignored the southern border issue:

1) Exploitation of illegals for cheap labor,keeping wages low for citizens.

2) Less exposure of drug shipments to be confiscated.

I think it's obvious our government has been complicit in distribution of illegal drugs and the resulting profits since the Vietnam era.

I would say TPTB and the governments are actually nurturing and cultivating the border while maintaining the "appearence" of ignoring it.

Too much money in the drug trades. Not only for the Mexican/US cartels, but also for the Middle East mafias as well (Israel, Hamas, Hezbulla, etc .... yes, they are involved in the Americas!).

The "open" border leaves a bigger door open to be used anytime they see fit to further the intended target...
A North American Union and realignment of borders.

The "cheap" labor reallity is just as big as the drug trade.

The future could have us see a "re-industrialization" of the SW US and northern Mexico region, maybe even under a seperate government !

edit on Oct-09-2011 by xuenchen because:

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

I wouldent be all that surprised. Entire Mexican Army units, including members of the GAFE special forces have deserted to the drug cartels - after all that's how Los Zetas got their start, all of the original Los Zetas were GAFE. People seem to think that these drug cartels are like the gangbangers in the ghetto ... wrong, they are well armed, somewhat trained, and highly dangerous. These guys arent the Bloods or the Latin Kings. They are an army.

GAFE = Special Forces Airmobile Group; the Mexican Army's version of our US Army Special Forces (aka 'the Green Berets').

Things like this are relatively common, US Army MPs catch tons of illegals all the time at Fort Hauachua in Arizona.

Jake is also 100% correct, while im infuriated that the Green Berets did not return fire ... however if they did it would have played right into the hands of the Mexicans. They knew the Green Berets were there, they purposely shot at them to try and get a reaction and then they would go running to the media, the UN, etc and put on a show. They do the same thing everytime some Mexican kid throws rocks at a US Border Patrol agent and gets shot. If anyone is trying to incite a war it's the Mexicans.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
yep the washigtin crowd have long ignored gthis problem but let one little boat load of Haitians get too close to us they call out the navy and deport them right home why is that. are they afraid of voodoo
.are they afraid they might bring gangs here or drugs .maybe next time drug cartel will help Saudi terrorist smuggle in a Russian made nuke. notice i said saudi not muslim. next time they might annex a couple of dmall towns to use for drug route if they havent already.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by proteus33

Many drug cartels already own ranches and isolated lands on our side of the border specifically for smuggling. The Border Patrol cannot patrol private property unless they are invited by the property owner.

It's actually kind of absurd the amount of resources they dedicate to stopping the Haitians and the Dominicans. By my vacation house in Puerto Rico they have this super radar dish thingy that alerts them of every boat or airplane that enters US territorial waters in the Mona Passage and then they immediately send a US Coast Guard cutter, a a US Navy ship, or a CBP Air & Marine boat to intercept. The Border Patrol ride around on the beaches on ATVs and horses, they have helicopters all over, etc. But yet on the Mexican border it's like hey come right in.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ChrisF231

What makes this all so macabre is they have known what's been going on there for 30 + years...
they know so much the have maps and plans and color glossy photos... but they (TPTB) have still to officially do anything to stop it...

click on the thumbnail to see full size

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by GrandpaDave

That's because 'they' have been brought out just like down in Mexico. The cartels could be cooking up Meth and growing cocoa for cultivation in the basement of the Capitol and they still wouldent do anything.

I am not a fan of legalization of anything other than marijuana (and only then for medical purposes) but it's clear something needs to change. If we want to fight a "war on drugs" then by God we better fight it like a war is ment to be fought, otherwise let's stop wasting our time if we arent even going to try.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join