It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Take the Pill! No! Don't Take the Pill!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I mean I never heard of this befor, just watch the fourth kind movie today so those alaska encounters in Nome seem alot more real. Not to discredit the man, who knows except him.

Also one small thing, who hunts elk with 7mm. I mean that is a small bullet. To take down an elk, I would be tough.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by KingAtlas

I had a search and it seems that a 7mm is OK for hunting Elk but not ideal

7mm Remington Ultra Mag. These are all great mule deer cartridges, and all can certainly do a good job on elk as well. For perfection, however, the author prefers more bullet weight and frontal area for elk.
www.rifleshootermag.com...

edit on 8-10-2011 by gortex because: Forgot the link....Doh..

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by KingAtlas

I checked out the rifle and the cartridges he used and they were/are fairly common for hunting. On a forum for hunters, someone was complaining that a Magnum rifle can punch a 7mm round through a deer or elk so cleanly that the animal can travel a few hundred metres before falling. He was bugged that he had to walk further than the animal was shot to claim his kill.

I'm UK and the only fire-arms I've used are air-rifles, air-pistols and a shotgun. The shotgun was for clay-pigeons. The last fire-arm I used was a water-pistol and the last one I handled was WW2 .303.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
'___' cannot be detected by standard drug tests. He more than likely ingested some sort of hallucinogen or is lying.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Kandinsky, thanks for another fine story and thread. You really do have a fine sense of taste when it comes to this stuff.

I went to read the 1999 report that you linked with the forestry workers and the elk...

The three workers at first thought the object was some kind of parachute that was drifting and descending, but they quickly realized that their initial impression was not correct. Hence, they shouted to their eleven co-workers nearby, who were working on the north-facing hillside, and all fourteen members of the work crew watched the object for an estimated 3-5 minutes.

Within seconds of their first observation of the object, the witnesses became aware that the object was travelling generally in the direction of a herd of elk that they had been watching all morning. They continued to watch as the object proceeded toward the herd until it succeeded in getting quite close to the animals. The animals apparently remained unaware of the objectís presence until it was within a very short distance of the herd.

Suddenly, the animals bolted, most of the them running up the slope to their east. However, one adult animal was seen by the witnesses to separate itself from the herd and run or trot to generally to the north, perhaps along a logging road. The witnesses report that at this point, the object quickly moved directly above the lone elk and seemed to lift it off the ground, although no visible means of support of the animal was evident to the observers.

www.ufoevidence.org...

I love the part where they think it is 'some kind of parachute'. Little nuggets like that are always fun as I just think they are so natural and really lend to the feeling that we are dealing with a person who is just trying to describe what they have seen rather than trying to embellish or use guile.

So that was another really good tale of high strangeness. I wonder if the spikey haired guy was deploying some kind of 'elk herd decoy' to draw in human hunters? I mean 5 big elk just sitting there waiting to be eaten? And he meets a 'friend' on the way down that tells him, "Hey, there's some great elk over there". I dunno, seems strange to me. It just seems as though his story goes from 0 to totally off the tracks into bizarro-world as soon as it starts. For me the 'Oz factor' feeling sets in as soon as he gets out of his truck. Something about him being a hunter and apparently being chosen to be abducted. These 'beings' are clearly looking for some specific quality in people and seem to be surprised when they do not find it in Carl. I get the impression they were expecting some other response from him when he saw what they compared to the Sun.

It reminds me a little of some of the stuff I have read from the few that were out and about during the last turn of the century writing down faerie stories from all over the British Isles. Are you familiar with the American WPA programs during the depression? Writers were payed by the Federal Govt. to go out and collect folk tales and legends from all over but especially Appalachia. That is how we get most of our American 'Witch Lore'. Anywho, what these faerie stories and witch tales have in common is that there was a concerted effort to collect them. You would probably enjoy looking in to the WPA thing.

en.wikipedia.org...'_Project

Many of the people that were interviewed by these folklorists in Britain were still of the belief that the 'fair folk', or whatever they were calling them, were still in the habit of abducting people.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnmcandiez
'___' cannot be detected by standard drug tests. He more than likely ingested some sort of hallucinogen or is lying.

I have read another report of this type involving Russian sailors and their encounter with a USO. It was stated that they were given a set of pills by one of the occupants that, when ingested, instantly quelled all feelings of hunger.

Barring hoax, I would guess this is what we have here; asking "Are you hungry" and stating "they will last for four days". What I am curious about though is why they participate in expeditions to Earth for hunting and fishing for food.

Perhaps another case of ETs scouring Earth for some species of livestock, grain or plant to take back to their planet to introduce into a desperately lean and strained ecosystem?

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
What'd happen if you took both pills at once?

Other than that, excellent thread.

S&F

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
reply to post by Droogie

I find it interesting that he was given four pills, in spite of the being having no hands presenting them to him. Definitely seems like a leap one would take when dreaming.

I should have been clearer and provided better links but had to edit the hell out of the draft to get it in two posts. These new limits for posting are tough!

"Without any prior communication this creature said 'How you doin'? I was trying to stay calm, so I responded with a weak, 'Pretty good!'" At this point the alien then asked Higdon if he was hungry. Not waiting for a reply, the creature floated a small packet at him. "He waved a pointed object where his right hand should have been, and it levitated over to me.

Here are links that I used - Carl Higdon - UFO Experience blog (Beckley article) pt 1

Carl Higdon - Hypnosis transcripts by Leo Sprinkle

Phantoms and Monsters - Carl Higson Abduction

Flying Saucer Review - 1974 (Sprinkle, Poher, Vallee, Clark)

MUFON Journal December 1974 page 9

That article says not that anything but a four wheel drive could get to the mud hole it says no one would try it with his 2 wheel drive.

Sometimes you think these stories have to be true because they are so silly why would someone make them up, surely even a little kid could make up a believable and not so silly alien story.

So they found the bullet...well i am all for aliens that keep people from killing animals!
edit on 8-10-2011 by Char-Lee because: add

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Very well constructed thread, and a pleasure to read.

I wish all the threads had your level of conciseness. Comments? Nah, I'll refrain my opinion of an old kook's story.

I just wanted to say awesome job. I enjoy reading threads like this.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Amazing post. I feel like I just took the red pill and fell into the rabbit's hole while reading it.

It's cases like these that have to make you wonder... really wonder how a stable individual that has a job and responsibilities could just make something up random like this.... especially back in 1974, when they would be hard pressed to find pop culture refrences like these....

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
I think AfterThought hit the nail on the head. There are some questions that should be answered before any conclusions can be drawn from this encounter. How long the man was gone is of major importance, as cases where a person can be proven to be "gone" for days or more hold much more weight in my opinion.

There are some inconsistencies as well, as others have pointed out, which does not necessarily render the claims false. Do I believe that this man believes what he is saying? I'm leaning towards yes. Does that mean it actually happened? I'm leaning towards no.

Although there are some consistencies with other alleged UFO close encounters, there are so many differences that this story just becomes tougher to believe. If aliens are visiting earth, there must be some form of congruency in eyewitness reports if we are to take them seriously on a scientific level, or if we wish to create a common profile from the data.

This does not necessarily mean that all encounters are the same, but it is a stretch to believe aliens are visiting earth in the first place, and an almost unbelievable stretch to think that there are multiple types or races of extraterrestrials visiting earth.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

This is why I enjoy these accounts.

In the ones I've posted about, each person has this once-in-a-lifetime experience and sinks back into obscurity with the regret that anyone ever knew.

Although the Betty and Barney Hill case led to Betty becoming mildly well known, it was only through a betrayal of trust that the story ever broke. Likewise Travis Walton's experience, if true, was out of his control because the police told the media before his apparent return.

It's been noted by other researchers how little these incidents have in common. Sure, they often involve humanoids and flying craft, but are very rarely similar in shape or appearance. The guys with the egg-shaped craft from the 60s are possibly an exception to this. If it was a narrower spectrum of descriptions, we could confidently ascribe the incidents to a handful of particular 'races' travelling in familiar models. Instead, a 100 accounts will describe maybe 80 different humanoids and craft ( UFO Occupants).

This is where the claims of deception come in. *If* there is 'something,' or the Folk from Elsewhere, it or they are very good at smoke and mirrors. Despite 100s of accounts, and decades of study, nobody has come up with an explanation that even a majority can accept. Maybe a bit of all of them makes sense?

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

What intrigues me the most is the color of the pulsing lights that the subject, two rescuers and others saw in the sky when this happened. Early Saturday morning, I came home from work around three AM and I looked up at the sky, as I always do on a clear, beautiful night sky. I saw a bright light off in the distance that was pulsating blue, red and white. I thought this was weird, maybe a plane so I watched it a while longer. After five minutes, it hadn't moved and I thought "How weird for it to be a star.. I've never seen that before."

I took out my smart phone and opened up the Google Sky app to try and identify this "Star." What I saw took me back a bit. The Sun, Mercury, Venus and Saturn were all nearly in alignment. I don't know why of if this would cause such a phenomenon but it was definitely interesting, to say the least. I wrote this down on my facebook that night. And now I read an article about others who have seen the same blinking lights and had an encounter.

edit on 9-10-2011 by ErgoSphere because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by mnmcandiez

Yeah, as much as I wish this story were true, in the sense that it couldn't be blamed on drugs...it sounds like '___'.
That doesn't mean the story still isn't "true."

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

Yeah, as much as I wish this story were true, in the sense that it couldn't be blamed on drugs...it sounds like '___'.

Inasmuch as it could have been an hallucinatory experience - sure, it's a possibility. We could also be discussing a minor stroke that induced a dream-like state and ultimately led to him driving a truck into a mud-hole.

Where the '___' explanation fails is in the broader view. Firstly, the police arrived and would immediately want to rule out alcohol and drugs. Secondly, his eyes would be dilated and instantly noticed by police, doctors and nurses. Thirdly, what dose could induce this kind of structured, coherent trip? It brings us back to big, black pupils.

In an ideal world, he would have had an fMRI scan whilst somebody looked at the tracks left in the snow. The elk tracks would (or wouldn't) be there and the truck tracks will have driven into (or not) the mud hole. Either way, the account would be shown as physically taking place...or not. If the elk tracks led out of the woods and never went back in...well...

Likewise, his movements on the day should have been asked about. For example, why did he arrive so late in the day? Who was the friend?

There are other cases with similar narratives and physical effects; burned eyes are often there and incoherence too. The broad sample of claimants both pre-dates popular '___' usage and frequently falls outside of typical populations likely to experiment with hallucinogenics.

I'm open to the idea that an unknown type of seizure (brain fart?!) could generate the experience. Whatever causes these incidents to occur...I'm arguing that we don't have the explanations and that they are anomalous and currently mysterious.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Wow. Crazy story!

And one that I have never heard of before - I love this kind of stuff. It really does sound like something straight out of Doctor Who
Even so, where do people come up with this stuff? Whether he really did run into an alien and fly in a ship to some other planet 163,000 light miles away is anyone's guess - but I think it's safe to say that SOMETHING definitely happened to this guy; and he's the only one that knows. I also realize people can make this sort of thing up but why?

It'd be very interesting to me if somehow there were more info on what exactly happened to his ill friend at work - the reason for him leaving and going hunting in the first place... Maybe if we're lucky we can get an interview for ATS Live

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Very interesting.

I'm just musing here, but a thought that occurs to me is Temporal Lobe Epilepsy. I can't recall where, but there was some speculation that a few abduction scenarios might be the result of TLE, and what's interesting about that is that some people experiencing it describe a very similar sensation of slowed time, silence, and "removal" from normal time and space if you will. What you’ve referred to as the “Oz-effect.”

TLE can result in extremely complex hallucination experiences (often severe enough to result in misdiagnoses of Schitzophrenia or other conditions,) apparent "sleep walking," blackouts, waking up in strange places, etc. All frequent hallmarks of abduction phenomena.

This is by no means an attempt to debunk anything or the like. I just find it interesting that TLE could potentially account for a lot of these things. The real question that leaves though is, why the consistency between abductee experiences? (Although, of course, this one varies greatly from the established typical narrative.)

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Time2Think

He was interviewed on some History Channel show years ago, but the only fricking YT uploader got their account closed and there are now none left!

I've got hours and hours of historical UFO audio and interviews and not one of them includes this guy.

reply to post by AceWombat04

I'm just musing here, but a thought that occurs to me is Temporal Lobe Epilepsy. I can't recall where, but there was some speculation that a few abduction scenarios might be the result of TLE, and what's interesting about that is that some people experiencing it describe a very similar sensation of slowed time, silence, and "removal" from normal time and space if you will. What you’ve referred to as the “Oz-effect.”

Until we know what the real explanations are, there's nothing wrong with following this line of thought. Our brains can and do play tricks on us - the environment also plays its part as well as medical issues.

In Britain we have the Folklorists, Pelicanists and psycho-social researchers who always opt for physical, human-centred explanations. Andy Roberts, Joe McGonagle, Dr David Clarke and John Rimmer would all favour your idea over leaving it as *unknown.*

Magonia Archives (John Rimmer mainly)

Flying Saucery (Dave Clarke, Joe McGonagle, Andy Roberts)

Psychosocial Hypothesis

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Reminds me strongly of the song by Tool, Lost Key and Rosetta Stoned.

Great story, never heard of it until now!

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Well Kandinsky, I haven't noticed you around these boards much recently but I must say, nice post. I had never heard of this story before so thank you for bringing it to my attention. As you have said, it sounds like something you couldn't make up, it's just too weird. But you never know, the guy could have been delusional from some sort of stroke.

As far as I'm concerned, the guy believed it was real and who are we to say that it didn't. I believe his tale as he experienced it.
edit on 9-10-2011 by Wide-Eyes because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join