It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. urges Syrian president to 'step down now'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by OldCorp

I will predict Syria is next…then on to Iran…then likely some involvement with North Korea, China and Russia.

I agree, the strategic picture has painted this over the past decade.

Personally, I believe that both Russia and China have been conducting their own proxy methods in the middle east, including selling weapons/technology/pacts (especially in terms of commerce-for-protection). I think these two know what will happen in the future and they are trying to bog down the US in the middle east, just like the US did to the USSR in Afghanistan.

I will say this: if there is conflict between West vs East, the American-conquered ME will not be a secure base of operations for front line operations in the Caucasus, western Europe, and western China. They've indescriminately killed so many people there that they would do whatever they can to hinder Western operations in support of Eastern forces ("the enemy of my enemy is my friend").

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I will predict Syria is next…then on to Iran…then likely some involvement with North Korea, China and Russia. This plan has been passed down from one administration to the next and actually seems to be escalating under a so-called "anti-war liberal" president. What happen to "bring the troops home" and "close Gitmo"? Anyway...

The Russians know americas tactics with these little manufactured revolutions they wouldnt be that to stupid by letting them do it.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
reply to post by seabag

The Russians know americas tactics with these little manufactured revolutions they wouldnt be that to stupid by letting them do it.

I'm not saying the US will attack Russia or China. I do believe we will be involved in a military conflict with them at some point though. That will likely come about because they attack us after we go into Syria and Iran. Russia has been building a strategic alliance with China, Syria and Iran. Their recent veto in the UN shows which side they're on. The last thing Russia or China want is for us to occupy more turf in the middle-east. Our presence there is a threat to them. I wouldn’t be surprised if they attack us in defense of Syria and/or Iran. I hope I’m wrong…

new topics

<< 1   >>

join