It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. urges Syrian president to 'step down now'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   

U.S. urges Syrian president to 'step down now'

edition.cnn.com

The United States called for Syrian President Bashar al-Assad to "step down now" following the assassination of a prominent Kurdish opposition figure amid continuing violence in the nation.
Assad should resign "before taking his country farther down this very dangerous path," White House spokesman Jay Carney said in a statement Friday.
"It is also notable that these acts of violence took place just three days after the U.N. Security Council failed to pass a resolution calling for international human rights monitors in Syria in face of brutal repression," he said, referring to a resolut
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   
The US seems to have made a habit out of poking its nose in the internal affairs of other countries. Perhaps the US needs to understand that it just cant go around telling everybody else what they can and cannot do. It needs to know that it cant have its way everytime and everywhere... and it cannot always have people they like running countries everywhere.

Its interesting how the spokesman uses the phrase "failed to pass a resolution", in reference to the UNSC.
I guess the Russian/Chinese vetos did not sit too well with the US.

I wonder if its just another White House tantrum or if the stage is being set for something else in Syria.

edition.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n

The US seems to have made a habit out of poking its nose in the internal affairs of other countries. Perhaps the US needs to understand that it just cant go around telling everybody else what they can and cannot do. It needs to know that it cant have its way everytime and everywhere... and it cannot always have people they like running countries everywhere

The PEOPLE understand it. We're trying our best to get our numbnuts leaders to understand it as well.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   
The U.S. should really mind it's own business. So if the protests we have get very violent, should the U.N. call for Obama to step down?

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   
They can't mess with Syria's chemical weapons.

Israel is so stupid, i guess provoking everyone around you with your buddy the U.S is good..till you get wiped out.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by OldCorp

The US seems to have made a habit out of poking its nose in the internal affairs of other countries. Perhaps the US needs to understand that it just cant go around telling everybody else what they can and cannot do. It needs to know that it cant have its way everytime and everywhere... and it cannot always have people they like running countries everywhere

The PEOPLE understand it. We're trying our best to get our numbnuts leaders to understand it as well.

Well said. It is not the United States that is poking it's nose in, it is Washington D.C. There is a difference and, IMO, D.C.has abdicated their right to call themselves our leaders. The real leaders of this country are the people protesting in New York, Chicago, Los Angeles, Austin, Portland and anywhere else the movement has taken root.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by wlord
They can't mess with Syria's chemical weapons.

Israel is so stupid, i guess provoking everyone around you with your buddy the U.S is good..till you get wiped out.
I'm not taking any sides here.

But Syria's chem weapons vs nuking Damascus, I think Syria deploying chemical weapons would be a mistake.... For all of us!

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
One only needs to understand the history of ISRAEL and how it came into existence.

Look at a map and where Syria is. What is known today Syria was originally named Judea, the Romans renamed it Syria-Palestine in 150 AD and killed/exiled the Jewish people.

Israel now armed to the teeth and with the US under the financial control of the Zionist banking cartel, would like to take Syria (aka Judea) back.

That's really what this is all about...I simply hope that the Syrians don't fall for it....for war that is.

PEACE

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by OldCorp

Were pissing in the wind even trying to talk to these foreigners. Theyre so deadset on believing that the people still have control of what our fed government is doing worldwide. What they don;t know is that we havent had control since the Civil War. That was what the Civil War was about that the South lost, a war over the rights of the states to govern themselves and to put down big brother before it got out of hand. Unfortunately all the industry and bankers had starting throwing their money at the politicians back then and they loved it up. This was the reason Robert E. Lee and Virginia seceded in the first place. Big Brother Fed said "free your slaves and do it now", when the South had asked for 20 years to change their economy so that it wouldn't collapse, but the Union didn;t care. All those poor saps that died fighting for the Union were fighting for the tyrannical bankers rights to enslave the entire nation.

I remember in history class reading about Old Hickory (Andrew Jackson) telling the Bank of the U.S. that was owned by Rothschild back then to kiss his ass when Rothschild tried to buy the government back then and it was the first time we had ever been free of debt and the last time. Well the yanks got what they wanted and now 160 years later they are starting to wake up and smell their bacon and eggs are burning. It took them 160 years to figure out what we figured out way back then, and all these years they joked about southerners being stupid.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
They have the arab world on their side too but uhmm

i guess we can agree that a big war is inevitable and i would bet against Israel

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by mugger
The U.S. should really mind it's own business. So if the protests we have get very violent, should the U.N. call for Obama to step down?

Obama aint the entire problem. Yes he is part of the problem and no i didn't vote for him (i can hear black people calling me a racist in the distance because i dont agree with him), i didn't vote for any of them because the corporate fatcat executives own all of the politicians. Voting is a waste of time, and the rest of america is waking up and realizing that right now.

What IS the problem is that our fed government has been in the pockets of bankers and corporate execs for a very long time. All they have to do is throw a few under the table million dollars at these politicians for a simple yes or no vote which is in the fatcats' favor, calling this under the table wealth a "gift", but call it whatever you want it is still a bribe. A "gift" is a pretty word for a "bribe" but it is still a bribe. This was a loophole set into place by the feds long ago so that they couldnt be thrown into prison for selling out our country in a rather traitor like fashion.

The Occupy movement has the right idea but they are doing it in the wrong city. They should be doing this in Washington D.C.. You see, the corporates and bankers do not care what goes on in NYC because it will not effect them in the least as long as they have our government in their damned pockets. The problem with Democracy is that over time it becomes corrupt and all it takes is just 1 wealthy individual to begin to corrupt the whole which is what happened, but now instead of it being just one wealthy person it has become many, with the corporations thrown into it.

This is what the pledge of allegiance reads as now:
"I pledge allegiance to the logo, of the Corporate States of America, and to the bankers and corporations for which is stands, one nation under CEO, with poverty and injustice for all".
edit on 8-10-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by nh_ee

One only needs to understand the history of ISRAEL and how it came into existence.

Look at a map and where Syria is. What is known today Syria was originally named Judea, the Romans renamed it Syria-Palestine in 150 AD and killed/exiled the Jewish people.

Israel now armed to the teeth and with the US under the financial control of the Zionist banking cartel, would like to take Syria (aka Judea) back.

That's really what this is all about...I simply hope that the Syrians don't fall for it....for war that is.

PEACE

Thats a lie. Judea is on the edge of lake Asphaltitus (the dead sea). In fact Judea is to the south of the Galilea, and Judea is not in syria. You need to get your facts straight. Jerusalem is in Judea, king David was of the tribe of Judah and he set his capitol in Jerusalem. You desperately need to take an ancient civilizations college course. Syria is WAY to the north of Judea.

www.bible-history.com...

This might help a bit, but you probably will think it was made up.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Looks like the Albert Pike vision/plan is getting close.

"The Third World War must be fomented by taking advantage of the differences caused by the "agentur" (Agents) of the "Illuminati" between the political Zionists and the leaders of Islamic World. The war must be conducted in such a way that Islam (the Moslem Arabic World) and political Zionism (the State of Israel) mutually destroy each other. Meanwhile the other nations, once more divided on this issue will be constrained to fight to the point of complete physical, moral, spiritual and economical exhaustion…We shall unleash the Nihilists and the atheists, and we shall provoke a formidable social cataclysm which in all its horror will show clearly to the nations the effect of absolute atheism, origin of savagery and of the most bloody turmoil. Then everywhere, the citizens, obliged to defend themselves against the world minority of revolutionaries, will exterminate those destroyers of civilization, and the multitude, disillusioned with Christianity, whose deistic spirits will from that moment be without compass or direction, anxious for an ideal, but without knowing where to render its adoration, will receive the true light through the universal manifestation of the pure doctrine of Lucifer, brought finally out in the public view. This manifestation will result from the general reactionary movement which will follow the destruction of Christianity and atheism, both conquered and exterminated at the same time."

www.threeworldwars.com...

This is all happening because it is made to happen. The US has a knack for maipulating other countries to start a war/invasion. Most of the trouble if not all has been manipulated by the US hounds the CIA!!

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

OldCorps...hey, buddy!

If I had to guess I’d say that this has been in the works at least since 2001 when Bush began the “War on Terror”. Because of the conflicts over the past 10 years, look at the strategic advantage we have over Syria, not to mention our superior capabilities. That is not a coincidence.

I will predict Syria is next…then on to Iran…then likely some involvement with North Korea, China and Russia. This plan has been passed down from one administration to the next and actually seems to be escalating under a so-called "anti-war liberal" president. What happen to "bring the troops home" and "close Gitmo"? Anyway...

The question I have is this – How do WE stop our government from starting these conflicts around the globe? I’ve voted every time possible since I was 18 (uh...let’s just say…many years ago). Many people on this site complain that the system is rigged anyway. So again I ask - how do we stop it?

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by N3k9Ni

I am thinking...is the Syrian President...the next to die? I'm just saying.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Without arguing that the U.S. should be involved in it, I will say I wouldn't be sad to see Assad go. Whatever connections he has, the one thing Syria surely isn't is democratic.

It's an ongoing problem, isn't it? On the one hand, you have some people who have legitimate democratic aspirations in these Muslim countries. On the other hand, you have administrations that oppress them who were largely funded and armed by foreign wealth. So, where is the accountability?

I'm not saying getting involved makes it better, but it's a serious question to answer and until it gets answered, foreign policy will be strewn without hypocrisy throughout the west.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea
reply to post by N3k9Ni

I am thinking...is the Syrian President...the next to die? I'm just saying.
I would bet that he is on the short list anyway.

I think the only way he could avoid it would be to step down and fade away. I'm not saying he should..... Jus saying.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

Maybe its time time for the american president to stop telling other presidents and leaders on what to do and obama should step down himself

America sometimes really should mind it's own business. and worry about its own country, i just hope america would avoid a war with Syria.
edit on 9-10-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

Maybe its time time for the american president to stop telling other presidents and leaders on what to do and obama should step down himself

The American leaders are too inured of the stench of their own hypocracy!

That aside, I think all world leaders might improve their integrity rating if they openly spoke out against inequality and degradation of both their own countrymen and those of eachother. Seriously, are any of them fit for purpose?

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by N3k9Ni

In case you missed it. The Democrat party you know the one Obama is in charge of just endorsed OWS to support his campaign so who is really in charge? If they were truly wanting a change they should be protesting things like End the Federal Reserve, End The Wars instead of supporting the very group that keep giving us more. What is the matter with people? End the Patriot Act and support Civil rights. Is any of this being heard? Now while they are in the streets if they really want things to change why aren't they protesting against more war, more debt, more loss of rights. Lets just keep on keeping on with the US Administration calling for more, more, more. More Wars, More weapons,More bloodshed Who is next after Syria maybe it will be Iran? This blood thirsty group that call themselves liberal won't be happy until we are all dead.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join